Thai Visa 90 days

Hi all and thanks in advance.

I am American on an American PP wishing to stay 90 days in Thailand .

What should i do re Visa etc to facilitate this stay.

Also would it be possible to leave Thailand within that 90 days for a week or so to visit Cambodia then return to Thailand via overland Train or Bus.

Any help here would be appreciated.

You should apply for a single entry tourist visa. You will get 60 days on arrival which can be extended for another 30 days at immigration for 1900 baht. To cover your trip to Cambodia, once you are in Thailand you go to immigration and purchase a reentry permit, that will allow you to leave and return keeping your present permission to stay valid. A single entry is 1000 baht. Here's a link to a website that will give you the details of the visa process in the US: Visa application porcedures, Portland Oregon.doc

Good luck!

You could get the 60 day single entry tourist visa in your own country... Stay in Thailand for the first 60 days... leave for Cambodia before the 60 day... tour for a week or longer in Cambodia - reenter Thailand by land and get a 15 day visa or fly back in and they will give you a 30 day stay visa...

Personally I would take a bus to Anchor Wat... Then take the overnight boat down to Phnom Penh (Go to the museum in Phnom Penh!!!) fly back to get the 30 day visa on arrival (vs 15 by land)

(The additional cost of the multiple entry visa and the reentry permit will be about what the additional flight will cost vs bus)

Note you can get the visa to enter Cambodia online now...

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/evisa/

Edited by sfokevin

maori1234, it all depends on how long you will stay in Thailand on your second entry. Another solution that lets you keep all options open would be a double-entry tourist visa. With this, you don't need a re-entry permit and if neither of your two stays in Thailand is longer than 60 days you don't need an extension of stay.

As said above a two entry tourist visa would allow more flexibility and be both easier and cheaper than a reentry permit. But if you have time and plan to remain 60 days only and then go out and return with only 15 days remaking the single is all you need as can return on visa exempt entry if allowed such.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Better to try and get transport from Bangkok then Pattaya...

Here is a link explaining the possible bus adventure:

http://artydubs.com/2013/04/18/direct-bus-from-bangkok-thailand-to-siem-reap-cambodia/

Should note that AirAsia has flights for 1,500 baht if you book far in advance....

Tip: Buy your Cambodia visa online to avoid the first que when arriving in Cambodia airport!