Red Bull heir to be indicted Monday, Thai prosector says

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In related news:

The hit and run charge has been dropped. It turns out Mr. Vorayuth did not actually flee the scene, he simply did not manage to stop the car until Sukhumvit 53 (his home), due to the high speed.

Takes up to one year to get that creative; thus the delay to contemplate possible alibies.

Blaming one's private residence staff & hiding out till coke and alcohol are out of the system failed.

• Like 2

"who allegedly killed a police officer in a hit-and-run"???

There's no doubt whatsoever that he killed the guy!!!

"the indictment was postponed repeatedly because the suspect had complained to police that the Attorney-General's Office should interview four more eye-witnesses to ensure fairness."

How about manning up and standing by the mess you created because you thought it's cool to go 200km/h in a city high on cocaine and booze, you miserable *&^%$%^ piece of....?!

• Like 2

because the suspect had complained to police that the Attorney-General's Office should interview four more eye-witnesses to ensure fairness.

How the hell does this country function?

It doesn't.

However, I did notice that sentence too. Interesting that the defendant in a case can decide which witnesses the prosecution should interview biggrin.png

Exactly. That is his lawyers job in terms of defending the charge. Sometimes nothing makes sense in Thailand.

From the article:

However, Thong Lor police had yet to submit any additional information regarding the suspect's petition to prosecutors, Ruecha said.

Now what on earth would cause the police to drag their feet on this I wonder?

I believe these four witnesses are still discussing the price for their honest eye witness account of how he did nothing wrong.

Fleeing the scene will be hard for the witnesses to cover up. He either stayed or he didn't.

From the article:

However, Thong Lor police had yet to submit any additional information regarding the suspect's petition to prosecutors, Ruecha said.

Now what on earth would cause the police to drag their feet on this I wonder?

I believe these four witnesses are still discussing the price for their honest eye witness account of how he did nothing wrong.

Rather difficult to eye witness anything when a car passes you at 180kmh at close quarters.

There must be 500 security cameras in shops and on traffic lights that will have caught glimpses of his car slashing past.

Speeding. Speeding? Has anyone ever heard of being indicted for speeding? I am sure he is quaking in his Beatle boots over that charge... Isn't it just standard to payoff on the street? Oh, but he was going too fast. I forgot. Next charge up: Littering. Left dead cop on the road. 2000 baht charge for that. What is the statute of limitations for littering?

• Like 1

families of victims ought to start protests in front of his residents,blockade the entrance, make signs 'murdering coward' etc. put them on youtube...make it known and make the family lose the credibility they deserve to lose.

Seems like you've gotta make some serious noise in Thailand to get anything done...make the international community boycott this brand of drink.

Anyone doing this would probably get charged with defamation and sentenced to a lengthy jail term...

• Like 1

All this is pathetic! One could argue driving while drunk and coke and speed where not that important. But , fu_ck, he killed the pig, dragged him several meters, then went home and send the family driver to confess the accident. Only for not stopping or the cover up try he should be already in jail. Well, nothing you guys didn't already know.

Is anyone in this country taking money or, even if a few don't want to be bribed there are serious pressure from the ones on top who took the money? I refuse to believe there aren't people who wouldn't take a bribe! If I was the judge or prosecutor I would certainly demand a high non suspended jail term, even if that meant I would be killed. At least some debate would be sparked...

What is really sad is the way most Thai people think this is so unfair and this impunity for the richer will never change. How the hell will change if there's no reaction on the streets? I don't know if people are just too busy struggling to make a living or they just don't care until they are the ones involved in a situation with one of those rich bastards. Pathetic either way, in most countries, that lowlife would be received by a bunch of people in the court main door telling him he is a killer. (not that I usually agree with that, but when the justice it's not served the least you can do is to express your anger and unconformity).

So, my guess is that the "eye-witnesses" will probably testify that the moto cop backed into the Ferrari and then proceeded to drag the car with this this poor victim trapped inside, behind him. Yeah, I bet that's what happened!

Edited by Curt1591

families of victims ought to start protests in front of his residents,blockade the entrance, make signs 'murdering coward' etc. put them on youtube...make it known and make the family lose the credibility they deserve to lose.

Seems like you've gotta make some serious noise in Thailand to get anything done...make the international community boycott this brand of drink.

Anyone doing this would probably get charged with defamation and sentenced to a lengthy jail term...

That law is the worst of bad jokes, I wonder when will it be modified. Anyway there are ways to make pressure avoiding being charged with defamation. Instead of telling him: killer! you can use irony and say: Good boy, you did really a good job at stopping the car! How was the coke, got any for me? Will you lend me money when I kill someone?

There are always workarounds

Speeding. Speeding? Has anyone ever heard of being indicted for speeding? I am sure he is quaking in his Beatle boots over that charge... Isn't it just standard to payoff on the street? Oh, but he was going too fast. I forgot. Next charge up: Littering. Left dead cop on the road. 2000 baht charge for that. What is the statute of limitations for littering?

Exactly ... the statute of limitations is expiring on his speeding charge? He's only been charged with speeding? Not vehicular manslaughter? So if he had not been speeding and had dragged a dying policeman under his car, he would not be charged with anything?

• Like 1

"Ruecha Krairiksh, lead prosecutor in the case, said the indictment was postponed repeatedly because the suspect had complained to police that the Attorney-General's Office should interview four more eye-witnesses to ensure fairness."

I wonder how much this "fairness concern" cost Vorayuth and how much did the 4 "eye-witnesses" cost!

Less than a set of tires for the Ferrari no doubt.

• Like 1

Is there something wrong with him mentally? He looks like an imbecile.

I have heard a rumour from people who would know, that he is on the autistic spectrum. Would never be admitted here of course

Yes, I agree he looks a little weird on the photo.

Actually, the BKK Post article that the Coconuts article is based on does NOT say he will be indicted on Monday.

It says the prosecutor once again is due to DECIDE on Monday whether to indict the guy, after the prior series of postponements.

The Coconuts article then says he's "set" to be indicted Monday, which the BKK Post didn't report.

But after all this, unless they decide to once again let the statute of limitation expire on a high-profile case, why not just hand the kid his speeding ticket and be done with it.

Maybe he and the tollway van crash hi-so teen-age girl can get together and party after the case is concluded. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

• Like 1