How to transfer MP4 to iphone?

HaruHaru

I downloaded videos to iTunes library so I can arrange the files separately on the playlist. When I was done, I synced them back to my iphone but no videos were shown in the iphone playlist.

I have checked everything possible to try and figure out why iTunes + my iphone won't sync videos. I can play my mp4s on iTunes, but the video will not sync to my iphone for some reason.

When the phone was connected, I first checked setup boxes on iTunes "automatically included." When it didn't work, I also have checked "manually manage music and sync only checked songs and videos include movies from playlist" before clicking on "sync." I checked boxes next to the video manually before "sync" but still didn't work. I can see the created playlist in my iphone but the actual videos are not in there, although they are clearly showing in the iTune playlist.

Any troubleshooting would be appreciated. My iTunes and iphone does not have problem in transferring for MP3, only for MP4.

You didnt say where you got the MP4's from ..

They maybe MP4's that look great on your TV, but the "size" is too big for your phone.

You need to run them through a converter, there are plenty of apps out there, some free im sure .. but you didnt say if you are a PC or Mac user so i cant suggest anything. Try a demo of aimersoft ultimate video converter, see if that helps any. Its available for OS & Windows.

Normally itunes tells you these video files are too big when you sync .. unless you have clicked the checkbox that tells them never to bother you with these messages again.

Thank you, all.

@Justsumhelp and Emma, I went to App store and searched for VLC but it was only a wiget for downloading a radio station(?). How do I download VLC for transfering video from Youtube to my iphone?

@Recom273, I got my MP4 from Youtube. My computer is Mac.

Sorry that I am so slow.smile.png

Here is the itunes link for vlc https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vlc-for-ios/id650377962?mt=8 should be able to search for it through the app store as well.

With vlc you dont need to convert just add the files to the app which makes it really nice and easy. I use it on both my iphone and iPad. Here is a tutorial that should help you.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/10268-add-videos-in-vlc-media-player-for-iphone

Here is the itunes link for vlc https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vlc-for-ios/id650377962?mt=8 should be able to search for it through the app store as well.

With vlc you dont need to convert just add the files to the app which makes it really nice and easy. I use it on both my iphone and iPad. Here is a tutorial that should help you.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/10268-add-videos-in-vlc-media-player-for-iphone

For playing any type of file on the iphone/ipad I like Cinexplayer. It is $2 but is great for organizing your stuff into folers, creating secret folders, playing subtitles, etc.

I play stuff on my TV through my Apple TV, so I need to convert to an apple friendly format if I want to do that. I'll just throw everything into a folder on my com and bulk queue them through handbrake to convert. Then pop them into my ipad and I'm ready to airplay.

For just watching on the device itself though, yes, VLC is good, though I prefer Cinexplayer.

• 1 month later...

Download the App VLC from the app store. Then from iTunes select the app and drag the files to it. No need to convert or resize. Works with pretty much any file type and size. Here is a screen shot

Exactly as above - VLC player, OPlayer, Playable Pro, MediaPlayer, FlexPlayer...

Just drag and drop the MP4 or pretty much any video file into the folder and it will sync to your phone. Its really very very simple...

VLC player and MediaPlayer probably work the best.

• 4 months later...

VLC works the best for me. For adding movies that I have torrent downloaded to my computer,

I either use Ifunbox and drag / drop them in, or use Itunes. In Itunes, go to the apps page when your device

is plugged in. Then scroll down to towards the bottom where it shows file sharing. Click on the VLC

icon. The on the right side click on add, and then just point to where your movie is. Pow, it will start

downloading to your device...

• 11 months later...

Thank you, all.

@Justsumhelp and Emma, I went to App store and searched for VLC but it was only a wiget for downloading a radio station(?). How do I download VLC for transfering video from Youtube to my iphone?

I use "free video converter" from the app store to convert movies for iPad .....i use "Videora" converter to convert movies for my classic iPod which is on my windows pc I'm pretty sure you can get it for mac as well, this software also allows for conversions for iPhone in the settings, its not an app you will need to search and download from the net.

Thank you, all.

I use "free video converter" from the app store to convert movies for iPad .....i use "Videora" converter to convert movies for my classic iPod which is on my windows pc I'm pretty sure you can get it for mac as well, this software also allows for conversions for iPhone in the settings, its not an app you will need to search and download from the net.

Did you even bother to look at the date before posting??

• 1 year later...

Hello, I suggest you use a tool like iPhone Transfer to help you. It's a perfect tool from RecoveryAdnroid and has gained great appreciation from users. You can connect your iPhone to PC and run the program, then you will be able to transfer videos from computer to iPhone with one click.

Hope this can help you.

• 3 weeks later...

Answer get an android phone that works properly

Reply:-

Are they the same android phones that don't enable access to the external memory cards for

loading apps? facepalm.gif

I have never seen an Android phone that denies access to .apks because they're on an external SD.

I'm not sure where you're coming from because Apple does not know external memory exists.