British Man falls from balcony of 2nd floor Pattaya Nightclub

Rimmer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....so much malice I have seen directed at foreigners...payback or just for a good laugh.....sorry...i would have to wonder if he wasn't 'helped over'...

....no one would be the wiser....nobody would speak out against a fellow Thai......

...and sorry....I don't think you could find anywhere in the world where so many foreigners 'fly off balconies'....

It is regrettable at the general lack of compassion for this poor person. Comments such as "Flying Club, "helmet", etc. appear to show the posters low regard for human kind. I suppose these posters must get some degree of satisfaction with their borish comments, but the old adage, "What goes around, comes around", is in order.

Let's us pray none of you are hit by a songtaow and passersby remarking how high, long and graceful you flew before hitting the roadway and breaking your neck.

I hope he recovers and is able to return home without permanent disability. Otherwise, he may be in for some ridicule in his home country by those, like you, who take delight in making fun of the less fortunate. Truely sad.

• Like 1

Unfortunate that he was injured, although if he was still drinking at 5:00 in the morning the cause of the mishap would seem fairly obvious. Even if he had been on terra firma he would probably have hit the ground at some point.

But, wait for it. The comments on raising all the railings on all balconies in Thailand are sure to begin.

Probably easier to require tourists to wear a helmet before stepping onto balconies or buy balcony-incident insurance when booking their flights.

or simply building balconies at a suitable height? noooooooooooo to simple me thinks

Wonder what it is about Pattaya that tempts so many people to challenge basic physics. But probably worth remembering that whenever altitude is involved, gravity isn't just an interesting idea....it's the law.

A lot of the guard rails on the balconies I have seen in Thailand are quite low. They are designed for Thai's and that is fair enough as they are short and this is Thailand. It would be quite easy for the average sized farang who is stumbling around drunk to topple over one of these rails.

Is it an offence in Thailand to serve a person who is intoxicated or to have an intoxicated person on licenced premises?

Its also illegal to be drinking at 5am in a bar.

He must of missed his flight...

Nay, not the real problem. real problem he could NOT fly. That the real problem. ha ha ha.

I certainly hope an accident never befalls you and if so, people refrain fom responding with such a flippant comment. We all are prone to misadventures, both under the influence or not. "Ha, ha, ha" is something best reserved for something humorous and certainly not a person falling, jumping or being pushed from a balcony and being injured or killed.

Maybe I missed something in the news story that warranted a good laugh. ;)

"heavily intoxicated"

If alcohol addicts/abusers don't know the dangers of excessive consumption, they are very stupid.

If they do know the dangers and still continue, they are very stupid.

If you don't want to have any problems with balconies when extremely drunk, how about not getting extremely drunk?

A lot of the guard rails on the balconies I have seen in Thailand are quite low. They are designed for Thai's and that is fair enough as they are short and this is Thailand. It would be quite easy for the average sized farang who is stumbling around drunk to topple over one of these rails.

Is it an offence in Thailand to serve a person who is intoxicated or to have an intoxicated person on licenced premises?

From what I've seen passing the pub hangouts in Bangkok, it's an offence not to serve an intoxicated foreigner.....think revenue/profit!!

Edited by F4UCorsair