Mugging......

theblether

Assault......  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

havent been assaulted, most certainly been drugged and had my house ransacked and cash stolen.

Where was this?

My friend in Phuket said he was followed to his front door one night. The Thai guy asked for a lighter to which my friend said he didn't have one. Thai guy said "I see your smoking so you must at least have one in the house." My friend was basically forced to open the door. Then he was knocked out with a cereal bowl from his own kitchen. When he awoke the place was a tip. Phone, wallet, even the laptop and TV were taken. He went to the police but, nothing.... Not sure when this was, i think 2 years ago.

Had a bit of good news. Last year in a two bit karaoke joint near me a guy was shot and killed, last week a guy was killed with a blade. sad.png

The police have now closed it down. intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

There are some who might regard that as three bits of good news. Not me, of course.

Had a security guard come at me with a night stick in Bangkok. I told him in Thai if he so much as touched me with

it, I was going to kill him. He came to his senses, and with no other Thais offering to help him he backed

away. Other near muggings by ladyboy gangs preying on late night tourists on Sukumvit, were stopped by harshly

telling them in Thai to get the bleep away from me. If you appear to be a soft target you will be mugged. If you come

across as a hard target , you will be left alone. Unless there are 10 Thai guys..... :-)

20% not high i guess but theres a lot of farang and thai men and females that cant vote because theyre dead from their injuries

You don't think 20% of is high? Over 20% of members that answered have been assaulted whilst here. That's scary high.

I know the chap that was mugged in the OP's first post and it sounded like a set up since the Tuk Tuk driver deliberately stopped 60 meters from his destination and he got out to pay and as he was paying was hit over the head from behind he was robbed of his cash and phone he woke up several hours later after being knocked out and found himself lying on the side of the road.

He is fairly new here and had had a few to drink, it was early morning, he was alone in the Tuk Tuk so I think he was a target and the tuk tuk driver called ahead and set him up.

Personally I have never came close to being mugged here.

Edited by InternetMarketingRocks

Never... although I have been pretty wasted sometimes and could easily have been mugged, if someone wanted to.

But I have seen some fights and Farangs getting pretty beat up. All times they asked for it, by not just walking away. Never seen a Farang win a fight over a Thai (= Many Thais)

20% not high i guess but theres a lot of farang and thai men and females that cant vote because theyre dead from their injuries

You don't think 20% of is high? Over 20% of members that answered have been assaulted whilst here. That's scary high.

Either that or many don't know what 'mugged' means. :rolleyes:

Probably worth doing a poll that spells it out more, making a difference between 'assaulted' and 'ever having something stolen.'

The current results just can't be accurate.