Help! GF refuses to leave!

sonic_11uk

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a girlfriend like this in the States and she had a lot of money. She was so unstable the more I tried to get way from her the more crazy she would become. Would not take no for a answer.

Make it clear to her that you are finished. Don't send mixed messages. Get everything lined up and then get out.

• Like 1

Perhaps part of the problem is that I have 'spoiled' her and given in on occasions when I probably shouldn't have, conditioning her to think she is right.

I have tried to leave before when things got heated; I packed the car and got ready to leave when she stood blocking the way refusing to let me go.

She is always checking my phone and work bag behind my back, and I've even caught her following my car so if I moved out to a new place, she would probably eventually find out where I leave to cause chaos.

Whilst she we work for the same company, we are in entirely different departments with no work interaction at all so in principle, she could just continue in her work even if we split up.

The saddest thing is that I suspect she will struggle to find her feet without me around. I have helped to pay the deposit on her small car, and little condo which is still being built and would struggle to make those payments whilst living on her own, supporting herself.

I had asked for us to try living separately for a few weeks so she could learn to appreciate me. This happened when I managed to escape after an argument and stayed away for a day after she had thrown a rock which smashed the back of the car as I was escaping. I told her I had shown this to the police and she got a bit hysterical and offered to stay with a friend for a week. There were a lot of hysterics and tears and she spent a night with a friend before moving back in.

Ideally, we could split but stay friends but this suggestion has caused very animated and aggressive reactions, usually with the statement that I would not be allowed to be happy without her and if that I found someone else that things would turn bad for her.

I just need to have a clear plan lined up to deal with all eventualities before I take action.

You will never fix the problem. Difficult situation which I cannot see how you can make an easy fix. If you don't want to move from your job, and if it were me, I would tell the lady I have another lady now. w00t.gif Yes, might bring on a lot of sh_t but....................sad.png

• Like 2

I sympathise with the OP but I'd advise him to ignore the time-honoured TV BS approach that advocates moving out in the dead of the night with your tail between your legs, changing your phone number, abandoning your regular haunts and essentially uprooting your life.

It's a waste of time and resources unless you're gonna leave your job too because she can easily follow you home after you finish work, right?

Thai men deal with this kinda shit from an early age and their way works.

Twice I found myself in situations like this myself here and, twice the Thai approach brought the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.

• Like 2

You will never fix the problem. Difficult situation which I cannot see how you can make an easy fix. If you don't want to move from your job, and if it were me, I would tell the lady I have another lady now. w00t.gif Yes, might bring on a lot of sh_t but....................sad.png

Good idea Transam, OP should immediately start dating an even bigger bunny boiler than his ex, then let them fight it out, winner takes all!

• Like 2

I sympathise with the OP but I'd advise him to ignore the time-honoured TV BS approach that advocates moving out in the dead of the night with your tail between your legs, changing your phone number, abandoning your regular haunts and essentially uprooting your life.

It's a waste of time and resources unless you're gonna leave your job too because she can easily follow you home after you finish work, right?

Thai men deal with this kinda shit from an early age and their way works.

Twice I found myself in situations like this myself here and, twice the Thai approach brought the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.

Explain the Thai, men, Way !

• Like 2

You stayed with her for years and asked her to follow you so perhaps you need to get her setup again. Sit with her and help her open a Thailovelink or other dating site account. Don't ever question her about the account and if she is still attractive and you are lucky she will find other man. If that don't work offer her 100,000 baht to end it now, no return ! Or maybe do both.

You stayed with her for years and asked her to follow you so perhaps you need to get her setup again. Sit with her and help her open a Thailovelink or other dating site account. Don't ever question her about the account and if she is still attractive and you are lucky she will find other man. If that don't work offer her 100,000 baht to end it now, no return ! Or maybe do both.

I don't see anything in his posts that mention her wanting money, it doesn't seem to be a factor at all. I find it really weird the suggestion of paying her money. Like her being with him for years means he is somehow indebted to her.

Not least as it rewards and reinforces her behaviour. And I'm assuming she is not a bar girl.

Not only wierd, its completely stupid considering she has a history of lying to him and is obviously not rational or trustworthy in any form.

+1
  • Like 1

Effective? Hell yes! She can then go to the Police and file charges:

Thai Criminal Code Section 295: Whoever, causes injury to the other person in body or mind is said to commit bodily harm, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding four thousand Baht, or both.

• Like 1

Effective? Hell yes! She can then go to the Police and file charges:

Thai Criminal Code Section 295: Whoever, causes injury to the other person in body or mind is said to commit bodily harm, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding four thousand Baht, or both.

Yes, I'm absolutely convinced that if the OP recites that particular section of the Thai Criminal Code in future, his crazy GF will cease and desist.

I think Hardened Soul is suggesting something illegal, like beating the crap out of her! Which might work, and in general, beating someone here, only costs 500 baht, as far as I know, but maybe you should check before, and make sure you don't accidentally kill her! But I wouldn't try this myself, or suggest that ...seems too risky!

If some of her paranoia might be coming from the thought of loss of money ...re her condo, car, or whatever you said, maybe you can find a way to negotiate a monthly payment, that is dependent on her NOT contacting you or causing any problems? But negotiate this through someone else, a third party ...if you have someone you can trust and use in this way. Since I suppose you want to keep your job, doing a disappearing act seems impossible. But don't pay her all at once, or some huge amount up front, because you can't trust that situation. You could even offer some balloon payment towards the end of a LONG period, but she may not believe you ...I have found most Thais don't believe/trust payment systems so that could be a problem too.

Is it possible, that you can talk to someone who controls her job, and also (even maybe PAY them) to include job loss as one of the consequences of contacting you/bothering anyone/making problems as well? And maybe you can also pay MORE, per month, if she leaves her job, moves out of your area, goes back home, etc. Enough to motivate her to leave.

• Like 1