Help! GF refuses to leave!

sonic_11uk

Get some CCTV with audio and set it up in a few rooms in your apartment. Move in front of it when there's an issue so you have plenty of evidence in case of false accusations.

If you move apartment this won't solve anything as she knows where you work, following you home would be trivial.

You mentioned a previous boyfriend. Does she continue to hassle him this guy every day ? It sounds like an empty threat to me, she probably said the same thing to her ex. Speaking to him could give yo some valuable information.

I'd throw her out and maybe help relocate her back to where she lived before so she can be reunited with her friends from before the move.

• Like 2

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey OP, what about telling her you have realized you are Gay? I am not trying to be funny, but rather suggesting some "easy" solutions instead of complicated costly ones

Pee on her biggrin.png

(disclaimer, I am not responsible if she goes into a rage and stabs you for this)

She may like that

• Like 1

You stayed with her for years and asked her to follow you so perhaps you need to get her setup again. Sit with her and help her open a Thailovelink or other dating site account. Don't ever question her about the account and if she is still attractive and you are lucky she will find other man. If that don't work offer her 100,000 baht to end it now, no return ! Or maybe do both.

I don't see anything in his posts that mention her wanting money, it doesn't seem to be a factor at all. I find it really weird the suggestion of paying her money. Like her being with him for years means he is somehow indebted to her.

Not least as it rewards and reinforces her behaviour. And I'm assuming she is not a bar girl.

Not only wierd, its completely stupid considering she has a history of lying to him and is obviously not rational or trustworthy in any form.

He said that he asked her to follow him, picked up roots at his request. Also said that she could not afford her condo and car payment. He wants to dump her so If he gives her some cash to make her life a little easier and can afford her car and condo payments for a few months than perhaps she will back off. I think smart not stupid..... Same like paying a hooker to leave in the morning ... They leave happy :) . After a few months away maybe she finds new or the strong feelings are less.

You stayed with her for years and asked her to follow you so perhaps you need to get her setup again. Sit with her and help her open a Thailovelink or other dating site account. Don't ever question her about the account and if she is still attractive and you are lucky she will find other man. If that don't work offer her 100,000 baht to end it now, no return ! Or maybe do both.

I don't see anything in his posts that mention her wanting money, it doesn't seem to be a factor at all. I find it really weird the suggestion of paying her money. Like her being with him for years means he is somehow indebted to her.

Not least as it rewards and reinforces her behaviour. And I'm assuming she is not a bar girl.

Not only wierd, its completely stupid considering she has a history of lying to him and is obviously not rational or trustworthy in any form.

He said that he asked her to follow him, picked up roots at his request. Also said that she could not afford her condo and car payment. He wants to dump her so If he gives her some cash to make her life a little easier and can afford her car and condo payments for a few months than perhaps she will back off. I think smart not stupid..... Same like paying a hooker to leave in the morning ... They leave happy smile.png . After a few months away maybe she finds new or the strong feelings are less.

no way should he pay more than a one way non airconditioned bus fare to her home province.

• Like 1

I think Hardened Soul is suggesting something illegal, like beating the crap out of her! Which might work, and in general, beating someone here, only costs 500 baht, as far as I know, but maybe you should check before, and make sure you don't accidentally kill her! But I wouldn't try this myself, or suggest that ...seems too risky!

What??!!

No I'm not.

I'm suggesting self-defence.

If some of her paranoia might be coming from the thought of loss of money ...re her condo, car, or whatever you said, maybe you can find a way to negotiate a monthly payment, that is dependent on her NOT contacting you or causing any problems? But negotiate this through someone else, a third party ...if you have someone you can trust and use in this way. Since I suppose you want to keep your job, doing a disappearing act seems impossible. But don't pay her all at once, or some huge amount up front, because you can't trust that situation. You could even offer some balloon payment towards the end of a LONG period, but she may not believe you ...I have found most Thais don't believe/trust payment systems so that could be a problem too.

Is it possible, that you can talk to someone who controls her job, and also (even maybe PAY them) to include job loss as one of the consequences of contacting you/bothering anyone/making problems as well? And maybe you can also pay MORE, per month, if she leaves her job, moves out of your area, goes back home, etc. Enough to motivate her to leave.

Seriously ??!!

Advising the guy to pay the lunatic girlfriend off ??!!

Advising the guy to pay 3rd parties to negotiate on his behalf ??!!

Why not pay someone to wipe his arse too?

To all intents and purposes, you're suggesting the guy buys his freedom.

He's a bloke living in Thailand with a jealous girlfriend not a hostage at freakin' Entebbe airport.

She's not afraid of losing money - she's just over-possessive and it's gotten out of control.

The Thai way works

I think he is the one who suggested she quit her job and leave her friends and family and follow him. And now he wants to dump her, maybe for good reasons but he is still a little responsible for this mess. Pay up and put her back where is came from only fair I think.

• Like 1

He said that he asked her to follow him, picked up roots at his request. Also said that she could not afford her condo and car payment. He wants to dump her so If he gives her some cash to make her life a little easier and can afford her car and condo payments for a few months than perhaps she will back off. I think smart not stupid..... Same like paying a hooker to leave in the morning ... They leave happy Posted Image . After a few months away maybe she finds new or the strong feelings are less.
no way should he pay more than a one way non airconditioned bus fare to her home province.
I disagree but that is me. He helped to make the problem it is up to him to help fix it.....
  • Like 1

I sympathise with the OP but I'd advise him to ignore the time-honoured TV BS approach that advocates moving out in the dead of the night with your tail between your legs, changing your phone number, abandoning your regular haunts and essentially uprooting your life.

It's a waste of time and resources unless you're gonna leave your job too because she can easily follow you home after you finish work, right?

Thai men deal with this kinda shit from an early age and their way works.

Twice I found myself in situations like this myself here and, twice the Thai approach brought the situation to a satisfactory conclusion.

Explain the Thai, men, Way !

I'm not sure that giving her a pair of Irish sunglasses if going to work, being that you both work at the same place and your reputation is at stake

Personally I would be worried about her working in the same company and risking harming your job. If you do have a senior position in the company it may be best to ensure that this is no longer a problem by terminating the troublesome employee. If you do not you may soon find you are the one who is terminated. You allready have grounds to give her a warning as you stated she caused problems over the phone at work.

Edited by harrry

To the OP -- you have been sending mixed messages because you still feel somehow responsible. Girls can sense this and will play it 1000%. Remedy -- Write emails with copies to all mutual friends and acquaintances that it is OVER and you are not her boyfriend anymore.

Do not try to explain anything because offering explanations indicates a feeling of remorse and the girl will pick that up`immediately. You really really have to get it through your head that you DON'T CARE anymore - only then will you convince her of the same.

Meantime - install a cam or 2 in the apartment and record a few of the outbursts. You say you have audio recording available- so make use of it. Any injury to you that breaks skin - go to the hospital and get a report. Be prepared for her to trash all your stuff, so take anything you really value to a safe place she doesn't know about. If she's a bonkers as you say, you'll have enough material to pile her stuff outside the door and change the lock one day - while you go away for a week to let the dust settle. When you come back, make sure you arrive at your apartment mid-morning .

Good luck - and as a side note -- you said yourself that you saw she was jealous from the beginning -- next time you try to catch a girl, make sure you have learnt the lessons here..........

• Like 1

Move post to ladies forum I am sure they will know what to do

He allready has a reply from one of our most valuable female members. Why move it to the ladies forum they are always saying that it is not about ladies it is for ladies.

Being nice or trying to keep things on a friendship level are never going to work. Any kind of communication with her will give her the idea that there is some hope in saving the relationship. I'd imagine that she will cause some hassle and it could go on for a while. Ultimately though she will one day get over it, could be a long time though. For your own safety and to make things easier, it would be ideal if you could disappear for a while. However, if she knows you are coming back then she will wait. Getting the bib involved is a good idea as it is possible that it might scare a bit of sense into her.

I hope that whatever you decide it works out for you, just remember don't give her any hope or she will never leave you alone

Sent from my HTC Desire using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

The OP does not say where he is but there might be a Tourist Police available who might better serve as negotiator; problem with the regular BiB police is they might have a hard time from a criminal standpoint deciding what it is she has done wrong.

The worst thing that might be done is to hit her so that she might have grounds for a criminal complaint; going to the police as a farang with a claim of self defense against a Thai girl would be ridiculous and not believable.

You might take advice from someone who has said they've been in several abusive relationships; of course, if they have managed to get themselves into several abusive relationships, they might do better receiving advice rather than giving.

Edited by JLCrab

Just remember, dismemberment of ones loved one is more common in Thailand than any other country. Once you make the move to breakup, don't ever put yourself in a compromising situation. Her craziness is likely mostly based on current or future threat of loss of face, she has likely already committed that she was going to marry you and she thinks/knows others are aware of this. Just the act of having her move in may/would have changed her mentality that you and her were already committed to getting married. There is nothing that you can do at this point to settle the situation, but a financial settlement to break the commitment that you have made. A clean and permanent break and settlement is the only way to go unless you want to become an "it".

• Like 1