Leasing a Car in Thailand - No attractive offers to be found ...

rmvw

Hello,

Where are the leasing options for cars in Thailand?

In the US, e.g. I could lease a Honda accord for 24 months for $526.16 monthly, with a MSRP of $23,545. So basically 2.23% of MSRP in monthly lease payments.

In Thailand, the Honda Accord sells at 1.3mn THB, so if market dynamics are the same, you would expect that you can lease the car for ca. 30,000 THB monthly for 24 months? But the best offer I can find is http://www.qcleasing.com/ where 30,000 THB only get you an ca. 2 year old car (not the latest model).

Is there any good company in the market, which allows me to lease a brand-new car for ca. 24 months? As Thailand can sometimes get crazy (red shirts, floods, traffic accidents, etc.) I am not keen on owning a car here. But all the manufacturers only advertise financing, but no leasing options.

Thanks for your help! thumbsup.gif

find a private leasing...long term renting deal.

there is quite few advertised around, even in thaivisa's own classified section.

you can get a late model. of course there is no buying option in the end of 2 yrs.

thailand isnt the US, new cars cost more here, however second hand cars seem to keep value relative decent.

for 24 months period, maybe reconsider buying.

Okay you are not keen to buy say the 1.3 mill Accord, if you lease one for 30k baht per month for 24 month you pay an eye watering 720.000 baht in lease (rent) which is completely madness in Thailand.

You can maybe sell the Accord for about 1 mill after 2 years use if you own it.

It's a no brainer, don't worry about accidents & floods, the insurance will pay for that. Red shirts, well I don't loose any sleep over them too.

Don't worry so much, buy the car, rent a house insteadthumbsup.gif

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

Agreed, makes little sense to lease ie rent a car for 2 years. Much better to buy a car new which will still be current when it comes time to sell to avoid an additional depreciation hit when it comes time to sell. Second hand cars hold their value a lot more in LOS, makes buying a new car a much better proposition given the higher priced and lower spec thai cars do ultimately hold their value a lot better than in other markets.

Edited by Retro Reactive

It makes sense if he has an allowance to lease from his employer, or for tax purposes. But otherwise I agree - used cars hold their value extremely well here. For 24 months you would be far better off financially in buying and reselling.

It's also very common here for people to sell their cars while still owing repayments and just change the name of the person who will be taking over the repayments. Doing it this way means that you won't have to spend the 1.3 million baht up front (assuming you can get finance).

Edited by pokerspiv

• 5 years later...