Warning to Thai tourism sector: Unfriendly staff, poor services hit competitiveness

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand has the most resilient tourism industry in the world today.

If one tenth the incidents that happen here in LOS happened in Australia we would be hauled before international courts and heavily penalised by Korean 'ban the moon' boss of UN and others.

Thailand's tourism industry will continue to grow regardless of the slow/useless hotel service and no matter how many people are murdered ,drugged ,kidnapped,disappear,crippled ,scammed,ripped-off ,filthy beaches or even bankrupted.

Where else in the world can you get a hotel with pool + a drinking session + girl = about 70 dollars ? Not even in the Phillipines. ( not necessarily a girl either, tens of thousands of men and some women come here for the Issan boys).

Thailand is strategically placed in Asia with a major int airport and one smaller in Phuket.

Farangs arent coming here in as big numbers but that will change with the UK pound and euro climbing the ladder. Thai's are chasing the Chinese,Ruskie,Indian an Nth Asian markets now.

The Thais love us for it !.......... huge money. Their major industry for sure.

I visited guests at two 4 star hotels recently. Staff took 45 minutes to bring whisky glasses even though i had ordered wine glasses.

The other hotel took about 30 minutes to serve one person but not the other. Nothing, probably because i ordered a glass of iced water. No money in that ! ...f##k 'im.

Service used to be good here but they get rid of the 'old staff' and bring in pretty young faces. no experience.

I love how you talk about girls like there a commodity, Your mother would be ashamed of you.

• Like 1

I've already noticed lots of Philipino service staff in resorts in Phuket recently. They just have better English skills and work ethic.

If they have such great English skills how come when I order something in the Philippines 9 out of 10 times I get the wrong order.

The hospitality industry is changing so fast. these days you have a lot of "garbage" working in the management levels as some owners still think that a farang face is essential so they end up hiring young punks with not so much experience or even the right qulifications as long as they have a farang face plus they are cheap. Worst still some of these are promoted so fast to management levels without even knowing a thing about their own industry or the local market. Just check out Dusit Group, Patumwan Princess, Plaza Anthenee etc and you understand what I mean.

I had dinner with a few friends a few nights ago and the service was fantastic my beer glass was never empty until I had finished and I never once touched the bottle. Stop complaining service is the same world wide you get good and bad just never go back to the bad and if you do go back stop complaining.

• Like 1

Thailand remains an enigmatic country with a historical reputation stretching back to the Vietnam war and the Hippie days. It remains so today because of a culture that is strange and fascinating. It isn't until one digs a little deeper that you see the other side of the situation. Easy access, however, will assure a continued booming tourism industry, IMO.

• Like 1

I have service in Thailand always be found to be excellent but maybe that is because I don't stay in cheap flop houses.

You have a point, my friend stayed at the Sukothai Hotel a few months ago and most of the check in was done in his room. Every detail concerning the room was explained in full by a Thai lady with exceptional English skill

Edited by moe666

I've already noticed lots of Philipino service staff in resorts in Phuket recently. They just have better English skills and work ethic.

If they have such great English skills how come when I order something in the Philippines 9 out of 10 times I get the wrong order.

Because your English/Tagalog skills are not up to par? whistling.gif

I believe the thread is about English skills and mine are ok for ordering ham sandwiches.

Thailand has the most resilient tourism industry in the world today.

If one tenth the incidents that happen here in LOS happened in Australia we would be hauled before international courts and heavily penalised by Korean 'ban the moon' boss of UN and others.

Thailand's tourism industry will continue to grow regardless of the slow/useless hotel service and no matter how many people are murdered ,drugged ,kidnapped,disappear,crippled ,scammed,ripped-off ,filthy beaches or even bankrupted.

Where else in the world can you get a hotel with pool + a drinking session + girl = about 70 dollars ? Not even in the Phillipines. ( not necessarily a girl either, tens of thousands of men and some women come here for the Issan boys).

Thailand is strategically placed in Asia with a major int airport and one smaller in Phuket.

Farangs arent coming here in as big numbers but that will change with the UK pound and euro climbing the ladder. Thai's are chasing the Chinese,Ruskie,Indian an Nth Asian markets now.

The Thais love us for it !.......... huge money. Their major industry for sure.

I visited guests at two 4 star hotels recently. Staff took 45 minutes to bring whisky glasses even though i had ordered wine glasses.

The other hotel took about 30 minutes to serve one person but not the other. Nothing, probably because i ordered a glass of iced water. No money in that ! ...f##k 'im.

Service used to be good here but they get rid of the 'old staff' and bring in pretty young faces. no experience.

I'm guessing you are Thai.

Because your English/Tagalog skills are not up to par? whistling.gif

I believe the thread is about English skills and mine are ok for ordering ham sandwiches.

Better not try that in Suadi.

when i visited japan and went to buy some food, after you made your purchase the staf would yell out "asen a sai" well it sounds like that at least, i assumed it was to say thank you, every time i pay for something here im lucky to get a grunt out of thais

• Like 1

Probably because the skilled Philippinos are working in Thailand or on cruise ships etc?

• Like 1