Diana Inn 2nd Rd now Boss Suites (big change)

threelegcowboy

People who winter in Pattaya would use a lock box so they wouldn't have to take everything home for the summer. My first trip to Pattaya 25 years ago I stayed at Diana Inn. I came very close to buying one of their condos.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Let me try one more time.

The lock box section is closing down.

Diana Inn was one of the few places in Pattaya where anybody with any kind of visa etc could rent a Lock Box by the month or year. It was not connected to a room at the hotel. The box was large and secure with guards.

So now there is one less place to rent a secure box.

People who have a box and are not informed about this may come back for a surprise. So I guess it may be less secure than the renters wanted.

People who have no valuables or dont know about Diana Inns fine service over the years will not appreciate this post.

• Like 2

Diana Inn was one of the few places in Pattaya where anybody with any kind of visa etc could rent a Lock Box by the month or year. It was not connected to a room at the hotel. The box was large and secure with guards.

People who have a box and are not informed about this may come back for a surprise. So I guess it may be less secure than the renters wanted.

People who have no valuables or dont know about Diana Inns fine service over the years will not appreciate this post.

Had you bothered to explain this in your original post fewer people might have asked for an explanation.

Why would anyone keep a lockbox in Pattaya when not in-country? Wouldn't one take their valuables with them when they left. A storage locker or space I could understand, maybe for storing diving gear.

Why would anyone keep a lockbox in Pattaya when not in-country? Wouldn't one take their valuables with them when they left. A storage locker or space I could understand, maybe for storing diving gear.

If you're a regular visitor to LOS and like your home comforts, you might buy and use a kettle, toaster, steam iron etc. in your room. It's nice to have somewhere to store them between visits.

Also, you might store clothing which saves you the trouble of packing a whole heap of shorts and shirts.

Valuables, some prefer to store their lap tops rather than carry them half way around the world.

If you're a regular visitor to LOS and like your home comforts, you might buy and use a kettle, toaster, steam iron etc. in your room. It's nice to have somewhere to store them between visits.

Also, you might store clothing which saves you the trouble of packing a whole heap of shorts and shirts.

Valuables, some prefer to store their lap tops rather than carry them half way around the world.

That type of stuff fits in a lockbox? A lockbox to me is akin to a safe deposit box in size.

Once again, if you have never had any need for storage OF ANY SIZE AND DESCRIPTION, why ask questions here?

Regarding tropo's quite relevant question about street renaming, based on precedent, I reckon Soi Diana will be good for another 10 years or so. I mean only a few really old guys will know where Soi Yodsak is. Same goes for Soi Paisannee.

Once again, if you have never had any need for storage OF ANY SIZE AND DESCRIPTION, why ask questions here?

Regarding tropo's quite relevant question about street renaming, based on precedent, I reckon Soi Diana will be good for another 10 years or so. I mean only a few really old guys will know where Soi Yodsak is. Same goes for Soi Paisannee.

Think that has a 'r' sound in it. Soi Praisani or similar.

I stayed there twice over the years. A nice central location. The pool was OK. Used to be a little girl that worked in the travel office there. She was very helpful on the phone changing my airline reservations and I booked one or two local things there also. The last time I stayed I got one of the rooms on "special". That AC compressor/fan unit outside on the porch made a huge racket and they just smiled when I reported it and said Aircon work, no problem. I cut my stay short.

Correct.... but where is it?

Correct.... but where is it?

I'll play along, Soi Praisani is the soi just south of Soi Yamato

''some prefer to store their lap tops rather than carry them half way around the world''

i thought thats what laptops were designed for, so you could carry them around the world

• Like 1

I stayed at the Diana Inn umpteen years ago when it first opened and I've always rather liked it. At that time there was nothing in Soi Diana at all, to speak of, and precious little in Soi Buakow for that matter.

Even with the Diana Inn gone there is still another Diana Group establishment at the other end of the soi, so that might be a reason not to change the name of the Soi.

• 6 months later...

From recalling my last experience with Diana Inn, I feel the world will be much better off without it. Admittedly, my experience was 8 years ago, but I doubt that anything has improved. In fact, I would expect the complete opposite.