Noise from farangs living in the next condo unit at 3:00 AM each night

paulsh

Living in Pattaya  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wear you earpuff..thumbsup.gif

Actually ear plugs are a good idea. You can get them molded to your ear and flush for comfort when on your side. I always carry a pair when I travel for that exact same reason. You never know what the hotel situation will be like when you arrive.

One negative. the ear plugs works really REALLY well; Your alarm wont wake you. Nor will a fire alarm. So some danger there. but like i said, i use them on planes and at hotels when I travel.

Where can I get this done?

Ear plugs don't work. Stupid advice.

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live in a house! Noisy neighbours, the No 1 complaint of condo dwellers.

Any recommendation for a specific area or agency?

The last time I tried to rent a house, it was dirty and didn't have any air conditioner in the main living area!!! (the ones in the bedrooms couldn't reach the living room)

I just don't know where to look, I need what I have in a condo, which is minimum 1 Air-Con per room (including the main living area and kitchen), no cockroaches, and an internet connection.

I know it's pretty basic but really hard to find! Most houses that I visited were "Thai Houses" with outdoor kitchens, only FAN in the living room, no wifi, and even cockroaches at some places!

sad.png

Pratumnak Hill Pattaya would be your best choice. The Estate Agency regards its area as a Beverly Hills of Pattaya.

cheesy.gif

Why so restrained? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif would be more appropriate.

I would suggest turning your speakers towards their room and blasting your base music and beating a hammer on the wall or something to make sure they get the message from 6:00am until whenever. Don't answer your door if they knock.... Let them complain to condo management. Fight fire with fire ! Screw them inconsiderate basta-ds.

• Like 1

There is a street bar downstairs from where I live and they stay open till 6 am with the lady's of the night and their male friends yelling all night without any consideration for all the people that are trying to sleep.

It is a residential area so why does the police allow that?

Near my place they do regular concrete pours until 4 am or later on a 32 floor building construction. I don't think the police are too interested in peace and quiet in Pattaya.

Give them some of their own treatment. Go and by a very cheap Hammer Drill from Home works, and pick up a pile of old bricks. Wake up a bit early, say 6AM and put down a drop cloth (as close to where you think that they sleep as you can) and start drilling the bricks with the hammer drill. Put the bricks against the wall for maximum effect. Just do one or 2 minutes, and then take a 3 minute break, and repeat this until you get bored. Do this every morning for a while. Will make them crazy enough to move, or if they come to complain, then you can explain that they have been disturbing your sleep as well, so if they Shut Up, you will too!!!

People who party all night and sleep all day are probably not going to care about noise to nearly the same extent as people who sleep at night. Day sleepers get used to noise because they have to. I think your suggestion is ridiculous and childish...and depending on who the noisy neighbours are, it could get him into a physical altercation he could lose.

They will soon get sick of partying unless they are Gays and Thai. It should taper off. Do as the contributor said in an earlier posting - consult the people

early in the evening. Often you will find them amicable and unaware of the noise/disturbance they created. That happened is my case and I found the people

above me very concerned that they were affecting my retirement tranquility : their behaviour changed though it does just slip sometimes.

I lived in Thailand for 11 years and had to stay in Pattaya on several occassions while waiting to go offhore. I can't stand the place and only went there because my company operated out of Laem Chabang. Why on earth anyone would want to live there, especially if they want to lead a "normal" life, beckons belief. Do yourself and your Mrs. a favor unless she's Thai and either that is her home town, or you are working there. Go and live in the real Thailand. I lived in Udon Thani from 2000 until 2009. It was a good town to live until about 2007 when all the farang ex., Pattaya bar owners came to live there with their bar girlfriends. Now its just like a mini Pattaya, so I moved into the countryside living in a farm village, where thankfully there are no farang bars and the likes of foreigners that give Thailands ex.pat communities a bad name.

I lived in Thailand for 11 years and had to stay in Pattaya on several occassions while waiting to go offshore. I can't stand the place and only went there because my company operated out of Laem Chabang. Why on earth anyone would want to live there, especially if they want to lead a "normal" life, beckons belief. Do yourself and your Mrs. a favor unless she's Thai and either that is her home town, or you are working there. Go and live in the real Thailand. I lived in Udon Thani from 2000 until 2009. It was a good town to live until about 2007 when all the farang ex., Pattaya bar owners came to live there with their bar girlfriends. Now its just like a mini Pattaya, so I moved into the countryside living in a farm village, where thankfully there are no farang bars and the likes of foreigners that give Thailands ex.pat communities a bad name.

This is absolutely the best way to handle the situation:

Make friends with a Thai guy dressed in a brown uniform, a few medals wont hurt, and give him 10,000 baht. They will be dead or in jail within a few hours. Of course I am not serious. It's a joke. But seriously, buy a marshall 100 watt blues breaker stack and a nice guitar. Put in some aviation earplugs and a helmet on, put all the knots on 10..... Turn away from the power source and light it up. Then they will fear you.

I lived in Thailand for 11 years and had to stay in Pattaya on several occassions while waiting to go offhore. I can't stand the place and only went there because my company operated out of Laem Chabang. Why on earth anyone would want to live there, especially if they want to lead a "normal" life, beckons belief. Do yourself and your Mrs. a favor unless she's Thai and either that is her home town, or you are working there. Go and live in the real Thailand. I lived in Udon Thani from 2000 until 2009. It was a good town to live until about 2007 when all the farang ex., Pattaya bar owners came to live there with their bar girlfriends. Now its just like a mini Pattaya, so I moved into the countryside living in a farm village, where thankfully there are no farang bars and the likes of foreigners that give Thailands ex.pat communities a bad name.

So the solution is to live in a farm village? Give me noisy Pattaya any day.smile.png

Living with noise is a state of mind. If you become fixated on noise as many Farang tend to be, you'll remain sensitive to noise. You'll be laying in bed waiting for the noise to start.

Rural Thailand? Don't they have roosters where you live? In rural Philippines where I live when I visit there the roosters start up at 3 - 4 am. That's big noise when they're outside your bedroom window - and they don't bother me at all.

You can get used to any noise. My wife don't give a shit about noise and can sleep through it - it's a state of mind.

Whenever I get disturbed by noise I think to myself - should I try to stop the noise or just learn to live with it? The 2nd option is the easiest by far. If you start running away from noises in Thailand you'll never stop running.

Edited by tropo

I'm not alone, and we like to exchange some sweet words while falling asleep...

You can't always have everything your own way. I've managed to sleep next to a construction site (I sleep late) for over a year now by playing music at a moderate level while I sleep. It even got me through 6 weeks of piling. When they start playing up next door you won't hear it over the music. I suggest you try SkyFM.com. You can run it free or pay a small monthly fee for better quality without the ads.

It may take you a few nights to get used to sleeping with music, but after that you'll come to enjoy it. You just have to pick the right channel out of about 60. "Relaxation" is a good one.

It might not be music, it might be that Hip Hop noise.

Are you starting to sound like your mother or father now?

Your neighbours may think your opera or classical music (or whatever your poison) is noise.

... but no worries. Just switch to the hip hop music channel..., or raise the volume of the other channels.

Edited by tropo

Consider yourself lucky if you only experience noise at 3 AM every night.

I have to live with barking soi dogs every night and construction work during the day so I cant remember the last time I had a nice , long sleep .

• Like 1

You can't always have everything your own way. I've managed to sleep next to a construction site (I sleep late) for over a year now by playing music at a moderate level while I sleep. It even got me through 6 weeks of piling. When they start playing up next door you won't hear it over the music. I suggest you try SkyFM.com. You can run it free or pay a small monthly fee for better quality without the ads.

It may take you a few nights to get used to sleeping with music, but after that you'll come to enjoy it. You just have to pick the right channel out of about 60. "Relaxation" is a good one.

An alternative to music that I've used similarly is a recording of a thunderstorm or heavy rain. Works for me anyhow.

Quite amazing how many people recommend various forms of passive aggressive childishness (banging on the door at 7am and then acting disingenuously and so on). Does that kind of thing ever actually turn out well?

Edited by cocopops

An alternative to music that I've used similarly is a recording of a thunderstorm or heavy rain. Works for me anyhow.

Some of these Sky.FM channels have sounds of nature... they have a dedicated nature channel and the relaxation channel also uses a lot of sounds from nature.

Wasnt neighbors, but i had the bad luck that a late resturant opened at the end of the street,

around 3 am the guests would leave all the while revving their cars, or walk and scream.

For a few months i tried to get by by going to bed totally drunk so i wouldnt wake up,

but there was ever only one response to get a peaceful night, -move out.

Edited by poanoi

I lived in Thailand for 11 years and had to stay in Pattaya on several occassions while waiting to go offshore. I can't stand the place and only went there because my company operated out of Laem Chabang. Why on earth anyone would want to live there, especially if they want to lead a "normal" life, beckons belief. Do yourself and your Mrs. a favor unless she's Thai and either that is her home town, or you are working there. Go and live in the real Thailand. I lived in Udon Thani from 2000 until 2009. It was a good town to live until about 2007 when all the farang ex., Pattaya bar owners came to live there with their bar girlfriends. Now its just like a mini Pattaya, so I moved into the countryside living in a farm village, where thankfully there are no farang bars and the likes of foreigners that give Thailands ex.pat communities a bad name.

What about roosters? They're everywhere in Thailand! After a week in a thai village I wanted to kill the 2-roosters-per-inhabitant that lived there!

Plus the uneducated monkey-alike thai delinquents organizing roosters fights acting like they're some UFC manager... Pathetic.

You can get used to any noise.

Maybe you can but I cant. Some noises I dont mind so much but if subjected to noises like "music", kids, dogs, motorbikes, jackhammers etc then I would either get the noise stopped fast or move equally fast.

For this reason (and several others) I am unlikely to ever buy any property in Thailand.

Unless you personally own that condo, then you really don't have a say in anything.

Not at all. Any resident, tenant or owner, has an equal right to complain in my building.

Interesting. In my building, owners only. Tenants are instructed to contact their landlord. I agree with that policy. The owners don't pay for the management company to do the job of owners.

Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

Not at all. Any resident, tenant or owner, has an equal right to complain in my building.

Interesting. In my building, owners only. Tenants are instructed to contact their landlord. I agree with that policy. The owners don't pay for the management company to do the job of owners.

I dont see how dealing with noisy or otherwise inconsiderate residents is the job of either the owner or the tenant; it is the job of the building management. As such any resident should have the same right to ask them to act.

It's the same when people leave their corridor doors open when cooking, or put smelly old rubbish out, or hang washing over the balcony or leave shoes in the corridor; the complaints go to the management and the management follow it up. That's what the management is there for. In my building they follow all these things up straight away and that's entirely as it should be.

I dont see how dealing with noisy or otherwise inconsiderate residents is the job of either the owner or the tenant; it is the job of the building management. As such any resident should have the same right to ask them to act.

It's the same when people leave their corridor doors open when cooking, or put smelly old rubbish out, or hang washing over the balcony or leave shoes in the corridor; the complaints go to the management and the management follow it up. That's what the management is there for. In my building they follow all these things up straight away and that's entirely as it should be.

Well then you're in a good building for you as I don't agree. In my view, a condo management company shouldn't have to take on the extra work of being like a rental agency of an apartment building. Obviously in an emergency situation policies should be stretched. A noise complaint is NO kind of emergency.

Edited by Jingthing