Where to get an old Raleigh bicycle serviced in Chiang Mai

HughJass

teracs birthday is coming up in two weeks and she is a lover of the classic look

so today I came across and bought an old Raleigh bicycle

its in good condition apart from a little corrosion here and there on the frame

needs a service to renew the brakes, grease the pedal mechanism and sort out a small clunk coming from the rear wheel centre when riding it

where in CM could I take it to get it seen to?

I did a little research on the frame number R748945 which I think equates to made in 1974 Washington USA

anybody tell me anything about it?

post-155264-0-37435300-1377867329_thumb.

The wife aunt has one of them , I'm pretty sure they bought it new about 4 years ago.

Retro look bike I think, not old.

really?...........no matter but its incredibly heavy and looks and feels very different from the Chinese Tesco bikes

The last Raleigh bike was made in Nottingham England in 2002 .Since then production moved to Sri Lanka ,Thailand and Vietnam .Maybe China also ?

I bought one last month from Tesco . It has the classic look ,with dynamo ,chain cover etc .It was reduced to B3,500 from B7,500 so i just had to buy it .It even has a fork lock and the famous Raleigh ,Nottingham badge .

Wellll... I'd go to the Thai bloke on the inside of the klong 2 shop houses from the corner nestled beside the finest lock smith this side of Doi Intahnon, and almost directly opposite Icon/Amorn/ S Bakery. He sells older bikes after renovating them.