AirAsia to fly to Khon Kaen

webfact

TRAVEL
AirAsia to fly to Khon Kaen

The Nation

30213968-01_big.jpg
Tassapon, left, and AirAsia's new presenter superstar

BANGKOK: -- Thai AirAsia today launches the "Don Mueang-Khon Kaen" route under the plan to expand regional network, supported by the acquisition of 5 more aircraft in the fourth quarter.

By this year’s end, the airline’s fleet will cover 35 aircraft. The new route, operated twice daily, will start on October 28.

Tassapon Bijleveld, CEO of Thai AirAsia, said that the expanded fleet will strengthen the airline's capability to offer an extensive network of domestic and international routes, along with new and exciting destinations which will be launched in the near future.

"The route was launched in direct response to the needs of a wide array of travelers from the public to the private sector who need convenient travel to attend training sessions in the province. Having the flights depart from Don Mueang offers ease to travelers coming from the city and Thai AirAsia's high on time record in Thailand provides them with confidence. Tourists will also benefit from the opening because they will be able to travel with the lowest fares and on the newest planes with AirAsia. The route is sure to be well received," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-02

"Thai AirAsia's high on time record in Thailand"

You've got to be joking - their motto should be "Air Asia - now everybody can be late"!

Never had a flight leave or arrive on time with, flown with them 5 times.

Fly more often. It's like buses. Averages out.

Sometimes you arrive early.

twa*

• Like 1

This service might come in handy for me on occasion when going in and out of Don Muang makes sense, but I'll stick with THAI when connecting through Suvarnabhumi for sure.

I read somewhere else that Thai Air Asia also plans to open a Khon Kaen-Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen-Phuket route a few months later, around year end.

Edited by Sam Drucker

Didn't they used to fly there some years back?

From the linked article:

TAA chief executive Tassapon Bijleveld is upbeat about Khon Kaen's potential, as the market environment has now embraced low-cost carriers, unlike TAA's previous two attempts at the market.
Schedules:
DMK-KKC
FD 3250 dep.: 07:10 arr.: 08:05
FD 3258 dep.: 18:30 arr.: 19:25
KKC-DMK
FD 3251 dep.: 08:35 arr.: 09:30
FD 3259 dep.: 19:55 arr.: 20:50

post-9615-0-80822500-1378173852_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

Didn't they used to fly there some years back?

I once had a flight booked on AirAsia from Khon Kaen to Bangkok. The day of my flight was the day after the final AirAsia flight in Khon Kaen. I received sms updates and I had been rebooked on THAI. That morning a widebody THAI aircraft came from Bangkok, picked us up in Khon Kaen, and we flew to Udon Thani. Shortest flight I ever flew and we were still served snacks! We picked up passengers in Udon and then flew to Bangkok. Great experience.