Religious Door Knockers

Old Croc

Just had a visit at my place in the back blocks of Chalong, from a farang Jehovah's Witness.

These persistent, unintelligent pests were one of the things I was glad to see the last of (or so I thought) when I left the old country.

Luckily, my wife answered the gate and told him the farang of the house wasn't home.

I've always given these characters short shift after they ignore my initial, polite, no thanks.

He spoke good Thai and left a leaflet written in Thai.

Are these annoyances everywhere?

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those or any other people who try to sell their religions, mostly to people with weak minds, should be treated the way they are trying to do to others. If they wish to play with the minds, then it's quite ok to play with theirs.

Invite them in. Let them be be all exited and remember to say things like "hmm, that makes sense" etc. After an while, when you get tired, just say "No thanks, your way of life is no fun at all. I choose Satan, he got the best parties." .. and gently direct them outside. They are not likely to come back as you are already a lost soul.

Those or any other people who try to sell their religions, mostly to people with weak minds, should be treated the way they are trying to do to others. If they wish to play with the minds, then it's quite ok to play with theirs.

Invite them in. Let them be be all exited and remember to say things like "hmm, that makes sense" etc. After an while, when you get tired, just say "No thanks, your way of life is no fun at all. I choose Satan, he got the best parties." .. and gently direct them outside. They are not likely to come back as you are already a lost soul.

I think it is best to treat them like insane people or other door-to-door salesmen and just ignore them completely; once they have your attention they will only waste your time.

The only exception is if they are attractive, young females (aka bible bangers).

I knew a guy who used to turn the sprinkler on them.

He'd see them coming down the road, would place the sprinkler near his front door and hide around the side near the tap.

When they got to the door he would turn it on and they would have to run back through it to get away.

I don't own a sprinkler here.

Fire hose?

One thing I liked about Vietnam: they weren't allowed there. Here in Camboland they are all over the place.

So, we see how people deal with something they don't like.......amazing Thailand indeed.

I do not have connections to any religion, but if someone comes to my place offering something and I immediately see what it is and I don't want it, then I simply say "no thanks" and go back into the house.....never had a problem. In fact, this is my response to all cold callers.

Can't imagine spending my time devising booby traps or playing games with callers I don't want.....sounds quite pathetic.

I consider myself pretty tolerant but a couple of these outfits are sneaky, devious people. And why the hell would they be wanting to bring religion to Thailand. Contrary to what they think, there is actually religion in Thailand already.

The ex-wife brought a couple of them some years ago (she is From Vietnam where the bible bashers are not allowed to spread their cr_ap); they had accosted here in the street and she thought they were such nice people. That is when I explained a little about sects, brain-washing, religious organizations that rake in Gazillions, etc.

Just as a sidelight, would you say the same about the people from the local temple who regularly knock on my door for donations to the temple? They don't even care about trying to convert me to Buddhism. They just want the dough. Or is asking that question too anti-PC for TV? whistling.gif

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

So, we see how people deal with something they don't like.......amazing Thailand indeed.

I do not have connections to any religion, but if someone comes to my place offering something and I immediately see what it is and I don't want it, then I simply say "no thanks" and go back into the house.....never had a problem. In fact, this is my response to all cold callers.

Can't imagine spending my time devising booby traps or playing games with callers I don't want.....sounds quite pathetic.

I consider myself pretty tolerant but a couple of these outfits are sneaky, devious people. And why the hell would they be wanting to bring religion to Thailand. Contrary to what they think, there is actually religion in Thailand already.

The ex-wife brought a couple of them some years ago (she is From Vietnam where the bible bashers are not allowed to spread their cr_ap); they had accosted here in the street and she thought they were such nice people. That is when I explained a little about sects, brain-washing, religious organizations that rake in Gazillions, etc.

Personally, I've got no time to waste on them.

They try to bring their religion wherever they go, that's their function, in order to save themselves. They are slaves to their religion and nothing is going to change them. Just be thankful they don't shout Allauh Akkbar when they ring the bell! Usually I just look out the window to see who is at the gate and shout in Thai, 'no thanks I've already got one'.....serves for all purposes.

Why people want to insult, confront or waste their time playing games with these people is beyond me.

As I said in my opening post I always politely say no thanks.

However, with some of these "people" I've had to resort to shouting, swearing and even physicality to get them to leave my premises.

There is something seriously wrong with religious zealots whether they originate in the middle east, the southern states of America or anywhere else!

• Like 2

I remember when I was about 12, my Dad happened to be cleaning his shotgun on the kitchen table. He'd just finished and closed it when the door bell rang. He thought it was his best mate arriving so he yanked the door open with the shotgun in his hand and yelled out "what the hell do you want". My Dad and his mate were always playing tricks on each other so this was typical behaviour.

The JW's bolted and we never had another visit from them after that. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Personally, I've got no time to waste on them.

They try to bring their religion wherever they go, that's their function, in order to save themselves. They are slaves to their religion and nothing is going to change them. Just be thankful they don't shout Allauh Akkbar when they ring the bell! Usually I just look out the window to see who is at the gate and shout in Thai, 'no thanks I've already got one'.....serves for all purposes.

Why people want to insult, confront or waste their time playing games with these people is beyond me.

As I said in my opening post I always politely say no thanks.

However, with some of these "people" I've had to resort to shouting, swearing and even physicality to get them to leave my premises.

There is something seriously wrong with religious zealots whether they originate in the middle east, the southern states of America or anywhere else!

How did they get in to your premises in the first place?

They never get past the gate at mine, so I never have to resort to shouting and swearing to get them to leave the premises. I shout out 'no thanks', shut the window and just get on with whatever I'm doing.

Edited by uptheos

The visitors today didn't get past the gate.

If you read my post properly you'll see I was talking about matters from the past.

My last place in Australia didn't have a front gate, these bible bashers would walk down the driveway and into my carport to knock on the door and then refuse to leave when asked.

Try to comprehend.

Edited by Old Croc

If you read my post properly you'll see I was talking about matters from the past.

My last place in Australia didn't have a front gate, these bible bashers would walk down the driveway and into my carport to knock on the door and then refuse to leave when asked.

Try to comprehend.

You said: "These persistent, unintelligent pests were one of the things I was glad to see the last of (or so I thought) when I left the old country".

How am I supposed to know you never had a gate?

Nice to have a gate eh?

Ssshhh :)

Itll be the block pavers and double glazing salesmen next. Oh and then the telesales smile.png

'double glazing salesmen' eh Nathan, sounds like someone's previous life?

A little sarcasm

Weve not all been cider makers my friend ;)

Btw , very interesting video you made .

Try to comprehend.

You said: "These persistent, unintelligent pests were one of the things I was glad to see the last of (or so I thought) when I left the old country".

Nice to have a gate eh?

I didn't feel it was necessary to describe the layout of my last house.

I don't know what it's like where you come from, but, FYI, hundreds of thousands of houses in Australia don't have front fencing.

Try to comprehend.

Nice to have a gate eh?

I don't know what it's like where you come from, but, FYI, hundreds of thousands of houses in Australia don't have front fencing.

OK point clarified........nice to finally be able to see them off, without all the shouting and swearing eh?

Try to comprehend.

Nice to have a gate eh?

OK point clarified........nice to finally be able to see them off, without all the shouting and swearing eh?

" How did they get in to your premises in the first place?

They never get past the gate at mine, so I never have to resort to shouting and swearing to get them to leave the premises. I shout out 'no thanks', shut the window and just get on with whatever I'm doing."

Are you drunk or full of

bullshit-meter.jpg?w=350&h=322&h=225

He'd see them coming down the road, would place the sprinkler near his front door and hide around the side near the tap.

When they got to the door he would turn it on and they would have to run back through it to get away.

what a sad man! to look out of his house all day waiting for someone to spray

• Like 2

what a sad man! to look out of his house all day waiting for someone to spray

The guy I was talking about was in some ways a sad case.

All long hair and straggly beard, he was one of those people who lived by his own set of rules. Lovely fellow, but quite mad in his own way. Wonder what happened to him.

However, it wasn't necessary to look out all day waiting for the bible bashers.

When they came, they came in numbers. Several cars would appear at the end of the street and groups of people, clutching their good books, dressed in their best suits and bonnets, would stand around in groups until it was time to begin their assault on all the houses in the targeted street. Hard to miss.

As an atheist I don't harbour religious hatred, that's something the religious do.

I'm not interested in other peoples business and beliefs as long as they keep it to themselves. Just don't stick it in my face, my government, or especially my property.