New estate/moo baan coming up at Mabrachan?

juliusk

When you make the turn from SSCC to Mabrachan you will see a very big plot of land which since a couple weeks changed a lot.

Before it was just a jungle inthere but now all the trees has been removed and its even leveled up with a lot of trucks full with sand.

The whole area is huge, if this gonna be a new estate its gonna be one of the biggest ones of the Darkside.

Anyone have a idea which developer is going to build here or perhaps its sth else being build?

I asked around but nobody seems to know or perhaps i asked the wrong people :)

Anyhow, i didnt asked to the people inthere yet and there are no signs up same as with similar new moo baan projects.

....would be nice if a shopping center.

Please God, no. The best thing about the area around the lake is that it has hardly any shops and relatively few other buildings.

I don't think you have to worry, still not enough pop. density in the area for a shopping center on that plot. Besides, all the new shop houses one SSCC Road near the Nongprue intersection with their plethora of new stores is almost like having a new shopping center in the area.

Man in a bar told me it was going to be a golf course connected to Horseshoe Point. Doubtful but nice if true, at least better than houses or shops.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Says who...anyone else but you? I can't think of a worse use for land anywhere than a golf course...waste of water and a toxic herbicide dump site so silly people can waddle around in the 90 degree and 80% humidity and take whacks at a silly white ball...pure insanity! Anyways, doesn't look big enough for a golf course...unless its a mini-golf course...now those are fun.

Hope not a Lotus...so lo-so...a Bic C Extra would be so much nicer.

• Like 1

The plot is huge but too small to be a gold-course, thats simply not possible imo. First of all i thought it would be the new SP 6village but after some checks inthere this wasnt the case. If its going to be a condo building it would be the 3rd biggest at the Darkside after the 2 Chokchai Condo buildings on SSCC and Khao Noi. It would have a hell of view of Pattaya because even if you drive pass it you can already see the high rise condo's in Pattaya from there.

Someone with more reliable sources perhaps besides i have heard this from a man in a bar.....

heh heh... my 'Highest authority' was my pool man smile.png

However, I wouldn't dismiss his sources out of hand as he has lived in the area all his life and he knows a 'lot of people'

We'll see......

I have heard the same thing today from the same source, its supposely going to be a TescoLotus and a condo building. Dont think there is enough space for a big size Tesco Lotus and a condo building. It will def make the traffic far worse if there is going to be a shoppingmall inthere.

heh heh... my 'Highest authority' was my pool man smile.png

However, I wouldn't dismiss his sources out of hand as he has lived in the area all his life and he knows a 'lot of people'

We'll see......

I have heard the same thing today from the same source, its supposely going to be a TescoLotus and a condo building. Dont think there is enough space for a big size Tesco Lotus and a condo building. It will def make the traffic far worse if there is going to be a shoppingmall inthere.

Makes one relativate the statement that the plot is "huge"... if there is no space for condo + full size Tesco, how on earth would a golf course fit in there ??? A golf course needs about 40 to 50 hectares.

Makes one relativate the statement that the plot is "huge"... if there is no space for condo + full size Tesco, how on earth would a golf course fit in there ??? A golf course needs about 40 to 50 hectares.

Thats exactly what i stated already :)

The plot is huge but too small to be a golf-course, thats simply not possible imo.

• 4 months later...

There is still grading and leveling going on at this MASSIVE site...the work is going of far back from the road on this site. Any new intel on what's planned for this site?

Someone told me last night (not the same person that told me it was to be a golf course!) that it was going to be affordable housing for locals.....now let us pray that story is equally untrue!

There is still grading and leveling going on at this MASSIVE site...the work is going of far back from the road on this site. Any new intel on what's planned for this site?

Someone told me last night (not the same person that told me it was to be a golf course!) that it was going to be affordable housing for locals.....now let us pray that story is equally untrue!

At first the site didn't seem big enough for a golf course but seeing how far back their going...it now looks like it might be! Whatever it's going to be...it's going to be BIG.

Whatever it is has to make way for the new highway which will be a continuation of Highway 7.

This highway will off shoot on the other side of Maprachan, follow thru the trees on the Pattaya side and head on to BanChan/Sattahip.

This plan has already been approved and all the maps and plans etc can be found at all the local Amphurs from SSCC to Huay Yai.

It is planned to be 8 lanes.

All the local people along the route have already had many meetings for the land appropiation price along the whole route.

So where it passes near the cleared land and the existing lake properties (near Scotts corner) will be interesting.

So this is the only definite story for now, and the speculation for the rest of the land can carry on.

Cheers...

Man in a bar told me it was going to be a golf course connected to Horseshoe Point. Doubtful but nice if true, at least better than houses or shops.

Says who...anyone else but you? I can't think of a worse use for land anywhere than a golf course...waste of water and a toxic herbicide dump site so silly people can waddle around in the 90 degree and 80% humidity and take whacks at a silly white ball...pure insanity! Anyways, doesn't look big enough for a golf course...unless its a mini-golf course...now those are fun.

OMG

i happened into the Tesco Express at the bottom of the road where you live the other day

its so much better than similar models

if its like that branch of Tesco it will be a valuable addition to the darkside

although theres a huge 7-11 on the far side of the lake now

The rumour mill seems to be in overdrive.

I was told from the 'highest authority' that it will be a condo and a full sized Tesco-Lotus store....

Can't wait to see who's correct;)

I heard the same, no houses, just condos & a shopping centre.

It will be a gold mine with the number of people over this side of Suk, no need to cross over anymore.

Yeah, yeah

OMG

i happened into the Tesco Express at the bottom of the road where you live the other day

its so much better than similar models

if its like that branch of Tesco it will be a valuable addition to the darkside

although theres a huge 7-11 on the far side of the lake now

Never been...assumed they were all the same. I do most of my grocery shopping at Big C-X and Food land. Only pop into 7 and such for ice, sodas, kit-kats, and my almond Magnum fix :)

The rumour mill seems to be in overdrive.

I was told from the 'highest authority' that it will be a condo and a full sized Tesco-Lotus store....

Can't wait to see who's correct;)

I heard the same, no houses, just condos & a shopping centre.

It will be a gold mine with the number of people over this side of Suk, no need to cross over anymore.

Yeah, yeah

I hope you're right! Condos would have great views as that's a high point of land and on clear days can easily see the ocean.