Paying in to a Kasikorn Savings Deposit Account: passbook needed ?

Hi all

I have a Savings Deposit Account with Kasikorn, in my own name. I have the passbook here with me in the UK, however I need for someone in Thailand to pay money into my account ASAP. Can they deposit cash a Kasikorn branch into my account with just my name and account number, that is, without the passbook, or will I have to send the passbook to them ?

Thanks

PS

I sent money from Lloyds Bank account Tuesday to kasikorn at it was available for withdraw today Thursday, its a really quick service.

If paying over the counter in KK Thai or by transfer you do need the account number and name (the book ideally) not just the ATM.

Passbook is just to give the account owner a handy record of deposits, withdrawals, transfers, etc. To deposit money into a account all you need is the account number written on the deposit slip, entered in the cash deposit machine, entered in the wire transfer instructions, etc. Yeap, a passbook is just to give the owner a handy reference assuming the owner updates it frequently...but if like me I don't update the passbook often as I just log onto my internet banking to view my account status/funds.

Passbook is just to give the account owner a handy record of deposits, withdrawals, transfers, etc.

There is one other time the passbook is needed and that is when making a counter cash withdrawal or a transfer from your account to another account in person. Basically anytime you want to take money out of your account.

Passbook is just to give the account owner a handy record of deposits, withdrawals, transfers, etc.

There is one other time the passbook is needed and that is when making a counter cash withdrawal or a transfer from your account to another account in person. Basically anytime you want to take money out of your account.

Yeap...agree.