Thailand warns of tough legal action against foreign gangsters

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crossed the border to have their tattoos removed - I'm surprised that some Thai business hasn't come up the with money making idea of just skinning them, curing the skin and making colourful lampshades! Two businesses in one and no gangsters, a win-win situation!

• Like 1

Now come on, they were really tough on the foreign guys who shot two tourists that were in the way of their proposed target. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Those tourists really are a pain sometimes. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Get over it transam, if they were English shooters and Aussie victims would you still be bringing it up ? Let it go mate !

Most of you folks tend to forget that for foreigners in Thailand there is no civil rights protection and no protection under the law. You have no rights in this country but to pay taxes and corruption. The dumb ass dreamers keep hoping that this will change. When the ASEAN opens up in 2015 is it possible that the military will take over the country to stop things from changing.

• Like 2

Looks to me like medical tourism if the Malaysian " gangsters" are coming into Thailand to have tattoos removed. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A number of years ago there was a big crime crackdown in Indonesia. One of the ways the police there used to

round up criminals was to identify them by tattoos. Clearly Malaysia is doing the same thing, so time to get rid

of those tattoos. TAT should be rejoicing at this new market.....

You had to mention TAT too didn't you?rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

"Due to increasing crime rates the Malaysian government began cracking down on gang members last month. To date 4,000 arrests have been made."

How many Thai gang members have been arrested in Thailand?

If you mean the Shinawatra gang, only one I know of have been arrested, unfortunately he is still on the run coffee1.gif

"Officials can easily spot gangsters by the prominent tattoos that adorn their bodies " Well , just wear clothes and they not see the tattoos , although some people could only enter the country dressed as a mummie .

I know in europe and the states , police have whole lists of tattoos that belong to certain criminal organizations . I doubt that our dear BIB have the same knowledge , so they probably will just randomly pick up tattood people .

"Authorities believe the scarring left by tattoo removal will also make guilty criminals easy to spot " . Yeah right , are they really serious .

Most of you folks tend to forget that for foreigners in Thailand there is no civil rights protection and no protection under the law. You have no rights in this country but to pay taxes and corruption. The dumb ass dreamers keep hoping that this will change. When the ASEAN opens up in 2015 is it possible that the military will take over the country to stop things from changing.

I think most of 'us folks' living here are under no illusions about where we stand under Thai law and that nothing will change any time soon whether we have politicians or the military running the country.

"Due to increasing crime rates the Malaysian government began cracking down on gang members last month. To date 4,000 arrests have been made."

Thailand is known throughout the world for having little if any real law enforcement. The police enforce immigration issues, and arrest illegal foreign workers, they arrest foreigners for smoking pot, and extort 100k baht for tiny amounts of recreational pot, and other such nonsense. But, when it comes to arresting government officials found with 2 billion baht in their living room, or sons of rich men, who kill motorcycle policemen, little is done. This country runs the risk of becoming know as a haven of xenophobia, if they keep this up. Nothing wrong with arresting Malaysian gangsters. But, arresting some of your own once in a while is a good thing too. Of course, without an effective judiciary, not sure if the arrests result in much.

Now come on, they were really tough on the foreign guys who shot two tourists that were in the way of their proposed target. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Those tourists really are a pain sometimes. rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

Get over it transam, if they were English shooters and Aussie victims would you still be bringing it up ? Let it go mate !

Let what go ?

After four suspected Malaysian gangsters were caught trying to enter Thailand in Bukit Kayu Hitam last week, officials said announced that foreigner gang members found in the country will face tough legal action

... for taking business away from Thai gangsters without a work permit. whistling.gif

Very funny I agree Thai gangsters don't want to share their empire. All this mentioning of Mafia you don't get many Italians here.

Crossed the border to have their tattoos removed - I'm surprised that some Thai business hasn't come up the with money making idea of just skinning them, curing the skin and making colourful lampshades! Two businesses in one and no gangsters, a win-win situation!

& serious damage to the pet food market - plusses all round.

• Like 1

Crack down on all gangsters,scammers,and con men, except in

Pattaya where they seem to be Teflon coated and do anything

they want.

Regards Worgeordie

They only crackdown on anything that is not "owned " by them - take a look at the censorship on the internet - you find so many slightly "sexy " sites banned, yet Lolitas Blow Job Bars are open to all!

Anyway, hope you found your liggie!

Last time I check "Gangster Activity" included extortion and protection rackets. Is that not the Thai Police and Thai governments territory.

People sneaking in for tattoo removal doesn't sound particularly threatening but I guess they want nip that in the bud. heaven forbid anyone else should want a peice of the action.

Thailand is a lovely place but run by criminals.

Edited by Pui

Well...this tells me one thing...at least the Thai "authorities" are

doing their bit in stopping cross-border crime....or at least trying

top curtail it. It seems, according to the report, that the Malaysians

are letting their crims cross the border...which amazes me because

as one leaves Malaysia...about a kilometer before the border on the

Malaysian side...there is a police checkpoint where one is checked

out if so deemed necessary. This is before the departure Malaysian

immigration slots on the road and there is another in "no-mans"

land before entering Thai immigrations. Seems that with 2 police

checkpoints the Mal coppers haven't a clue to who or what they're

looking for. In other words...let em go...not our problem. Mind you

I have been informed that the scars from tat removals take quite

some time to heal & leave a mark that pretty much is reminicent

of the original tat....seems that somebody's investigations are lacking.

Just sip satang from a one time frequent border crosser (legal).

[quote name="WhizBang" p

Thailand warns of tough legal action against foreign gangsters

Does this include the Russian gangsters in Pattaya and Phuket?

I will guess it does not apply to the Thai gangsters, most of whom are police anyway.

The Thai police have already solved the first problem by declaring, J Edgar Hoover style, that

there is no Russian mafia in Pattaya, in spite of all of the telltale visual evidence available to

any observer with eyes and a brain,

Case closed!

With that resolved, now all resources can be allocated on their own business interests! :)

• Like 1

When Thai gang members are arrested , they are put into inactive posts........ :-)

That's why there is so many in inactive posts.

If it wasn't true it would be a joke "in fact it is still a joke" and the world is laughing coffee1.gif

"Officials can easily spot gangsters by the prominent tattoos that adorn their bodies " Well , just wear clothes and they not see the tattoos , although some people could only enter the country dressed as a mummie .

I know in europe and the states , police have whole lists of tattoos that belong to certain criminal organizations . I doubt that our dear BIB have the same knowledge , so they probably will just randomly pick up tattood people .

"Authorities believe the scarring left by tattoo removal will also make guilty criminals easy to spot " . Yeah right , are they really serious .

If the tattoo isn't removed properly then it can lead to some nasty scarring, good ID marks for sure.

Thai gangsters will of course continue to be handled lightly - if at all.

Of course they are going to be handled lightly since they are the police.

They aren't going to put each other in prison.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

Ahhhh, why would they want to give this poor guy a hard time?

He looks so clean-cut, an upstanding citizen of Malaysia and no doubt his Mom and Dad are very, very proud of their offspring. Just the sort of young chap you'd like your daughter to bring home for dinner.

Yeh.....and PIGS FLY!!!!!!