Thai Navy celebrates Submarine Day

webfact

What's the difference between a Thai bar girl and a Thai submarine?....They don't know, since no one in Thailand has ever been inside of a submarine. clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Nooooooooooooooooo, here submarine is thought of as a sandwich. rolleyes.gif .................whistling.gif

Oh. So that was what she and her girlfriend were referring to last night. A snack. !!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope this news doesn't make it back-home... they already think ole Muang Thai's a bit of a joke.

Happy submarine day, everybody!

laugh.png

So what's next, Tank Day? M16 Day? Spud Gun Day?

All joking aside, expect any delivery to be a Thai special, i.e. with a big windscreen so Somchai can see where he's going. facepalm.gif

It's two or three good laughs a day at the moment. One at least can't say that Thai politics is boring.

If they had asked for a hovercraft landing craft it might make more sense.

Don't stand within 500m of were it beaches. You'll get covered in plastic bags.

'Closed sea areas'... are they talking about the gulf of Thai ??? if so subs would be stupid as the water depth is an average of 30 meters, I think.

In these enclosed waters any threat from who??? who on earth would venture into a U shaped gulf, (surface vessels) when these would be easy pickings for fast torpedo boats, and aircraft such as the Grifen . no enemy sub would dare to come into 30 meters of sea- suicide .

Subs not needed, only for toys and "WE have them"

Average water depth is about double what you have said, but the fact remain's...even at 60-65m wouldnt be hard to pick up from the air, further predicting route a sub will take will be pretty easy, as a enemy sub deciding to head up the middle of gulf will run the risk of driving into one of many offshore platforms, piplines or other sub-sea O&G structures...the sub captain would have to have a lot of balls to even try and negotiate that lot...so in essence they would only come up the west side or east side of the gulf.

I picked the depth off a post (I think) the last time they were discussing subs from Germany, that's why I put not sure.

The other point is not so much enemy (foolish) subs to enter gulf of Thai, it was Thai wanting some subs, they would have to negotiate in and out of the gulf from say Sattahip. If they bought they would have to be near out of date stuff, and to attack what ships example-threat from who ??? China ?? Ha ha

'Closed sea areas'... are they talking about the gulf of Thai ??? if so subs would be stupid as the water depth is an average of 30 meters, I think.

In these enclosed waters any threat from who??? who on earth would venture into a U shaped gulf, (surface vessels) when these would be easy pickings for fast torpedo boats, and aircraft such as the Grifen . no enemy sub would dare to come into 30 meters of sea- suicide .

Average water depth is about double what you have said, but the fact remain's...even at 60-65m wouldnt be hard to pick up from the air, further predicting route a sub will take will be pretty easy, as a enemy sub deciding to head up the middle of gulf will run the risk of driving into one of many offshore platforms, piplines or other sub-sea O&G structures...the sub captain would have to have a lot of balls to even try and negotiate that lot...so in essence they would only come up the west side or east side of the gulf.

I picked the depth off a post (I think) the last time they were discussing subs from Germany, that's why I put not sure.

The other point is not so much enemy (foolish) subs to enter gulf of Thai, it was Thai wanting some subs, they would have to negotiate in and out of the gulf from say Sattahip. If they bought they would have to be near out of date stuff, and to attack what ships example-threat from who ??? China ?? Ha ha

Personally I think if the Thai navy starting running subs out of Sattahip, think you would have a few very nervous oil and gas companies...laugh.png

• Like 2

hahaha those silly Thais again. Wait! What is this I found in Wikipedia? ...

"April 11 is commemorated by the United States submarine community as Submarine Day, the anniversary of April 11, 1900 when the American Government purchased its first commissioned submarine, the USS Holland."

Looks like their just importing their silliness from another great country overseas. Over and out, Scotty....

• Like 2

Personally I think if the Thai navy starting running subs out of Sattahip, think you would have a few very nervous oil and gas companies...laugh.png

Sure, but I wouldn't put it past them to do it. You'd have a few nervous sea personnel also, all aboard brown underwear only.

<deleted> no-one has said SUB HUB!!whistling.gif

The navy boys must be getting a little distressed, they want some new toys. Who could possibly be a threat against Thailand?

Samoa has some war canoes.

Happy War Canoe Day! By the way, not to be outdone, Thailand has ordered 3 submarines to use against the Lao Navy in case they want to invade - when it was pointed out that Lao was completely landlocked the Thai military had a meeting and solved the problem by having the submarines fitted with wheels!

The celebrations were aboard HMTS "HUB" which travels around in circles, anyone know how many submariners there are in the Thai Navy, caterers will need to know how many to cater for.

Is that yellow submarine still operating in Pattaya ??

The celebrations were aboard HMTS "HUB" which travels around in circles, anyone know how many submariners there are in the Thai Navy, caterers will need to know how many to cater for.

Is that yellow submarine still operating in Pattaya ??

So the navy boys want subs, the fly boys have just had Christmas with new Gripen fighters and I am wondering, what does the army want?

They've had a blimp that holds less hot air than parliament, bomb detectors that can't detect shit and personnel carriers that run on borscht.

What's happening in the barracks?

• Like 1