TrueVisions told to drop 'channel-switching ads'

webfact

Viewers should drop true vision

I finally did, last Saturday. Over the last year, more and more channels are adding more and more advertising. Paying for advertising? Enough already!

However, be warned: disconnect service is a pain all in itself.

1. I stayed home all Saturday to receive the technician (as promised by the local office where I went in to announce my intention to disconnect). All day, no phone call, and no show.

2. So, on Sunday, I took all the inside equipment (receiver, remote, inside cables, power adapter, etc.) to the True shop at a local shopping mall. They could not receive it. Told me to visit a shop closer to my house.

3. Today, I took the equipment to the closest shop. They did not want to receive it either. I told them that I work all week and could not receive the technician at my home Mon-Fri. Also, I told them I would not spend any more weekend days sitting at home waiting for a technician who doesn't keep appointments. They refused to take the equipment, and would not issue me a receipt. So, politely, and with a smile, I piled the equipment on their counter in front of the perplexed clerk, took a photo of it (with the clerk), and left.

Good riddance, True Visions. You can keep your advertising for paid services, and your lousy customer service! neus.gif

Oh! The alternatives?

1. YouTube is constantly adding full-length movies which I can stream to my flat-screen TV

2. I picked up an Apple TV box which opens a whole new world of TV viewing. After the box is purchased (about $100 US), there is a ton of free and interesting stuff. Regular movies can be rented or purchased online. I figured that for 1,718 baht a month (my TrueVisions bill), I could rent and/or buy an awful lot of movies from the Apple Store.

3. Since I am actively learning Thai, I can stream all the normal main Thai channels from my iPhone-->wi-fi receiver-->Apple TV box-->LCD flat screen tv; all wirelessly.

So thanks to the ever-expanding world of entertainment technology, antiquated and user-unfriendly services such as True Vision are going to be left in the dust. So be it.

Edited by Fookhaht

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic