British and Italian victims of 1 Million Baht drugging and theft at Pattaya Hotel

webfact

British & Italian victims of 1 Million Baht drugging and theft at Central Pattaya Hotel

rob-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Two men, one British and the other Italian reported a suspected drugging and theft from their hotel rooms by two Thai females which occurred on Sunday.

Mr. Mancuso Salvatore aged 61, a British National who claimed to work as a Journalist and his Italian friend Mr. Dolcege Svalno aged 51, reported the incident at Pattaya Police Station early on Monday Morning after waking up in their respective hotel rooms to find that items of value totaling around 1 Million Baht had been taken.

rob-1.jpg

The pair revealed how they met the two women, thought to be aged in their Thirties, outside Central Festival Pattaya Beach. They agreed to take the women back to their Hotel Rooms for a massage. On the way the two women purchased drinks for the men, which they suspect were laced with sleeping tablets.

The men arrived at the Icon Place Hotel on the Central Pattaya Road and inside their rooms consumed the drinks and fell asleep. When they awoke they found that items of value including cameras along with Thai and foreign currency totaling around 1 Million Baht had been taken.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/101944/british-italian-victims-1-million-baht-drugging-theft-central-pattaya-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-09

• Like 1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why pick up a freelancer in their thirties?

These women would still probably be younger than their daughters and there are a number of old farangs with wives girlfriends 30+ years younger than them. I guess it make them feel good and alive and they can tell their mates back home that they can still pull the young babes.

Why do so many of these victims carry around such large sums of money?

• Like 2

I smell an insurance scam! 1 million baht no way , maybe 10,000 baht.

Ladies bought men drinks !! DING DING!! something wrong .

Hotels have safes , security boxes, no i will leave all my expensive gear for somedody to steal !!BULL...T!!

Well I know of one western couple, visit Pattaya every year, have been scolded by local friends and hotel management, and police, for leaving very large sums of cash out in the open for visitors, maids etc., to see. And it's all left out in full view while they go sightseeing for the day, etc.

They also leave out in full view wallets, passports, jewelry (including bags of jewelry bought from big local gem shops which they take home and sell to fund their trips to Pattaya).

Their response to scolding "you should trust people".

Yes they have been robbed several times, but they continue to leave to leave it all out in full view.

• Like 1

This tells you that many tourists are still very naive when it comes to Pattaya...coffee1.gif

have you ever been to pattaya?

What has me having been there got to do with my post?

simple question, theres no need to be defensive

i might have been seeking advise from someone who based on their post seems to recognize when someone is ''still very naive when it comes to Pattaya...coffee1.gif''

"...Mr. Mancuso Salvatore aged 61, a British National who claimed to work as a Journalist ..."

...saying this to individuals who *claim to be police officers*? giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif ;-} rap.

One can read all they like about Thailand, read internet forums, live there, have a business there and settle there but around every corner lurks a possible scam and not just from Thai's. Those farang who think they know everything about Thailand in fact know nothing. Our two cultures are too far apart to get a good understanding. That is why forums like this exist.

And it's not only Thias who rob / scam people. There are plenty of dishonest & ruthless westerners and other nationalities in Pattaya etc.

In Bangkok years ago I lost my wallet then my camera and watch. I later realized it was my 'best friend' (farang) who had taken it all.

His response when I confronted him, 'I needed cash to pay the rent', and more.

• Like 1

I smell an insurance scam! 1 million baht no way , maybe 10,000 baht.

Ladies bought men drinks !! DING DING!! something wrong .

Hotels have safes , security boxes, no i will leave all my expensive gear for somedody to steal !!BULL...T!!

Well I know of one western couple, visit Pattaya every year, have been scolded by local friends and hotel management, and police, for leaving very large sums of cash out in the open for visitors, maids etc., to see. And it's all left out in full view while they go sightseeing for the day, etc.

They also leave out in full view wallets, passports, jewelry (including bags of jewelry bought from big local gem shops which they take home and sell to fund their trips to Pattaya).

Their response to scolding "you should trust people".

Yes they have been robbed several times, but they continue to leave to leave it all out in full view.

where do they stay?

• Like 2

This tells you that many tourists are still very naive when it comes to Pattaya...coffee1.gif

i might have been seeking advise from someone who based on their post seems to recognize when someone is ''still very naive when it comes to Pattaya...coffee1.gif''

Not defensive, but baited,sorry i don't bite.

Why pick up a freelancer in their thirties?

These women would still probably be younger than their daughters and there are a number of old farangs with wives girlfriends 30+ years younger than them. I guess it make them feel good and alive and they can tell their mates back home that they can still pull the young babes.

Why do so many of these victims carry around such large sums of money?

Whats wrong with going with a young lady. Lady wants the money man wants sex. Both parties happy. No problem

Not really, as you can see from is case, the women just want money but you keep telling yourself that.

Not defensive, but baited,sorry i don't bite.

never been then

i get it now