On my way to Kalasin

Barnet

Hi all,

Hopefully I've found the right place to post this.

Myself and my wife to be will be moving to her hometown of Kalasin in November from my current home of 7 years in Chonburi. If it's possible I would like to know a few things and would appreciate any information you can offer.

Firstly, we'll be looking at renting a small house with a garden, not too expensive, near or near enough to get into the town every day, say no more than a 20 minute bike ride. If anyone knows of any places we can go and look at or phone numbers that would be excellent.

Secondly, if there are any ex-pats living there please could you give me your general feelings about the area. What you do at weekends or are there any places people meet up for a few beers, game of football, coffee etc?

Lastly, having accumulated a fair bit of gear down here what would you say would be the cheapest way to get it sent up? I can get the smaller things in the car but regarding furniture, 2 motorbikes and a fridge, what would be the best couse of action? POst them possibly, I have no idea.

Thank in advance and look forward to seeing some of you in the next few months.

I posted to your other post regarding Kalasin, so I will not go into all that I said before, but will address your question regarding moving larger items up this way...

There are multiple trucks that make at least weekly runs between here and Pattaya, and I am relatively sure that we can find you someone who, for not an Huge Sum, would be willing to bring a truck load up for you... I used one of them 2 years ago to send a Honda Phantom Motorcycle to Pattaya, and was only charged 500 baht, and that included loading at my place and delivering to the new owner in Pattaya... I would only be guessing, but I would think that an entire truckload would be around 2,000 to 2,500 baht range...

Pianoman