Ex-leaders of yellow shirts reject political reform

webfact

POLITICS
Ex-leaders of yellow shirts reject political reform

The Nation

30214647-01_big.jpg
Photo : Thanis Sudto

BANGKOK: -- Former leaders of the now-defunct People's Alliance for Democracy rejected invitation of political veteran Banharn Silapaarcha to join in the government-initiated political reform.

Banharn, de facto leader of government coalition Chart Thai Pattana Party, went to ASTV Manager's headquarters on Wednesday to meet with Sondhi Limthongkul and Chamlong Srimuang, former leaders of the anti-government yellow shirt protesters.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-11

• Like 1

Banharn the slippery eel involved in the reconciliation process and contacting former leaders of the Yellow Shirts?

Possibly a move to divert attention away from associated matters concerning the reconciliation process. In the picture his body language portrays just what a deceitful cunning manipulative multi faced object he is ( and they're his good points.)

Nothing more than a masterpiece of a political maneuver in in an attempt to get his nose deeper into the trough again at the behest of the puppet master no doubt.

Chamlong made Thaksin politically and he said later it was the worst move he ever made, perchance Thaksin is seeking to show that relations and friendship with Chamlong along with his ( Thaksins) old bosom buddy Sondhi from earlier days before Thaksin sold him down the river are all hunky dory with him in order to help put a thin coat of thin veneer of honesty and respectability on the reconciliation process.

As has been said Both Chamlong and Sondhi are spent forces politically, or so it would seem, however they were no doubt privy to facts and actions that no doubt that Thaksin would rather keep hidden from the public view.

Both Chamlong and Sondhi are aware of the fact that Thaksin needs them more than they need him. Thaksin indeed seems to be trying to keep his friends close to him but he's also trying to keep his enemies closer too as the old proverb tells us to do.

• Like 1

Of course they refuse, because they are not about "reform".

That comment of course refers succinctly to Thaksin, his family and their brown nosing acolytes and the puppets in the P.T.P plus the ragged trousers brigade of the coalition pack followers too

The dictionary states "reform" as : the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory...

And you think Banharn want political reforms and want to get rid of corruption?

The only reforms Thaksin want is to get rid of the check and balance system and take over complete power.

That is just a farce and Sondhi and Chamlong now it.

Blah blah blah blah!

Did I say, that Banham wants it?

But unfortunately for you (and all other Thaksin - haters) the OP reads "

Ex-leaders of yellow shirts reject political reform"

...and not "Banham rejects..." or "Thaksin rejects..." or "Anyone else h90 doesn't like as much as the 2 yellow clowns, rejects...".

Of course Banharn and Thaksin don't reject their own decisions. They change the laws as they want, or do you honestly think that Thaksin or Banharn will listen to Chamlongs and Sondhis ideas?

Thaksin: "heck these guys are right we should jail corrupt politicians and best start with myself....I let my cronies vote for that".

It is a wast of time to sit there.

Also I can't recall that Banharn went to political reform meetings of the PAD in the past. They won't listen to Banharn and Banharn (Thaksin) won't listen to Sondhi and I don't see any compromise possible.

• Like 1

Now the govt can say we asked the PAD face-to-face to join the party with all kinds of news reporters standing around taking pictures versus the PAD later on saying we never got any kind of official invite. It's all part of the political game.

Now the govt can say we asked the PAD face-to-face to join the party with all kinds of news reporters standing around taking pictures versus the PAD later on saying we never got any kind of official invite. It's all part of the political game.

Indeed, such gestures of insincerity .... it's what politics was built on.

So let me follow suit and say 'I love you Thailand and wish you well'

I hope you future will be bright,

Banharn the slippery eel involved in the reconciliation process and contacting former leaders of the Yellow Shirts?

Possibly a move to divert attention away from associated matters concerning the reconciliation process. In the picture his body language portrays just what a deceitful cunning manipulative multi faced object he is ( and they're his good points.)

Nothing more than a masterpiece of a political maneuver in in an attempt to get his nose deeper into the trough again at the behest of the puppet master no doubt.

Chamlong made Thaksin politically and he said later it was the worst move he ever made, perchance Thaksin is seeking to show that relations and friendship with Chamlong along with his ( Thaksins) old bosom buddy Sondhi from earlier days before Thaksin sold him down the river are all hunky dory with him in order to help put a thin coat of thin veneer of honesty and respectability on the reconciliation process.

As has been said Both Chamlong and Sondhi are spent forces politically, or so it would seem, however they were no doubt privy to facts and actions that no doubt that Thaksin would rather keep hidden from the public view.

Both Chamlong and Sondhi are aware of the fact that Thaksin needs them more than they need him. Thaksin indeed seems to be trying to keep his friends close to him but he's also trying to keep his enemies closer too as the old proverb tells us to do.

A couple of points on your final two paragraphs- i would of thought if Chamlong and Sondhi were privy to some facts and actions they would no doubt of aired them over the past 5 years.

I think your last point is the wrong way around- I am sure Thaksin is probably following your proverb for one reason or another, but i doubt that he needs them more than they need him-without Thaksin they are absolutely nothing. There whole party revolves around him- without Thaksin to beat their drum over they are a complete irrelevance, the very fact they have shut down their PAD party i would imagine due to a lack of support would support that.

Also disappointed you did not squeeze 'acolytes' into your post.

The dictionary states "reform" as : the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory...

Did you ever look at what they want. Take a look at parliament. The PTP have put nothing there in favor of reform. They have an agenda and are not interested in any other opinion.

This is Thailand and face is what it is all about. The PTP is just putting on a face for the uneducated people.

It would not surprise me one bit if they did say that.

Of course the fact that there is no PAD any more might make a difference.

But the PTP and there adherents aren't smart enough to figure that out. I real bunch of thinkers they are.

A couple of points on your final two paragraphs- i would of thought if Chamlong and Sondhi were privy to some facts and actions they would no doubt of aired them over the past 5 years.

I think your last point is the wrong way around- I am sure Thaksin is probably following your proverb for one reason or another, but i doubt that he needs them more than they need him-without Thaksin they are absolutely nothing. There whole party revolves around him- without Thaksin to beat their drum over they are a complete irrelevance, the very fact they have shut down their PAD party i would imagine due to a lack of support would support that.

Also disappointed you did not squeeze 'acolytes' into your post.

And if Thaksin was run over by the proverbial bus tomorrow ....

So what ? This very low intelligent PAD leaders has nothing to give for a bright future of Thailand !

So why send out Banharn to try to get them on-board, with the Thaksin government political-reform forum, then ? facepalm.gif

And is "low intelligent" the best insult you can come up with, given who they are, wouldn't it be funnier to call them 'kwai' ? rolleyes.gif

Did you ever look at what they want. Take a look at parliament. The PTP have put nothing there in favor of reform. They have an agenda and are not interested in any other opinion.

This is Thailand and face is what it is all about. The PTP is just putting on a face for the uneducated people.

...and...

What were the brilliant reform- moves of the PAD again....?!