Just received this from Hull. Another door slams shut..

The Savannakhet website is very confusing.....

The main website in english still offers Non O Multi Entry Visas for 5000 baht but if you go to another part of the website under Consular Services (a temporary visa),which is in Thai,and get it translated it says there are 8 types of visa available.....Diplomatic,Official,Non Immigrant ,Tourist,Transit,Immigrant,Non Quota Immigrant and Courtesy.

But against Non Immigrant it says "types that were discontinued".........what does that mean ??

I think anyone planning a trip to Savannakhet should phone first to check what exactly is available.......001-856-41212373

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Savannakhet website is very confusing.....

The main website in english still offers Non O Multi Entry Visas for 5000 baht but if you go to another part of the website under Consular Services (a temporary visa),which is in Thai,and get it translated it says there are 8 types of visa available.....Diplomatic,Official,Non Immigrant ,Tourist,Transit,Immigrant,Non Quota Immigrant and Courtesy.

But against Non Immigrant it says "types that were discontinued".........what does that mean ??

I think anyone planning a trip to Savannakhet should phone first to check what exactly is available.......001-856-41212373

It's been that way since they set up the website. Just ignore it.

So when my current visa expires in approx. August of next year, I'm off to Cambo? Seems non-o's - my only realistic visa option - won't be available to me, or am I panicking for nothing?

Sent from my GT-N7000B

You don't say what your visa is based upon.

So it is impossible to answer question.

I always thought my visa was to 'visit' our son here in Thailand, I've always produced his birth certificate along with marriage certificates to the embassies/consulates...

Sent from my GT-N7000B

So when my current visa expires in approx. August of next year, I'm off to Cambo? Seems non-o's - my only realistic visa option - won't be available to me, or am I panicking for nothing?

Sent from my GT-N7000B

You don't say what your visa is based upon.

So it is impossible to answer question.

I always thought my visa was to 'visit' our son here in Thailand, I've always produced his birth certificate along with marriage certificates to the embassies/consulates...

Sent from my GT-N7000B

If married it is to be with her with children being proof of your relationship. If they make multiple entry visa unobtainable for you there is the option of getting single entry visas and then a 60 day extension at immigration to visit them. That's 5 months without needing to leave for another visa or do a border hop for 15 days and get another 60 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I see on downloading form Abd1 from Hull consulate website today that it states that if it's your first non O the requirement is 3 months uk current account statements showing either equivalent of thb 65k monthly income or lump sum thb 800k whereas for subsequent non o applications you have the extra option of showing similar amounts in copy of thai bank book. Liverpool and Birmingham as of today still appear to show no financial requirements on the paperwork available for download. Cardiff tackle it differently, including a section on the non o application form where you must give details ie name and address of a guarantor either in the uk or thailand who will cover costs of repatriation if required.

I see on downloading form Abd1 from Hull consulate website today that it states that if it's your first non O the requirement is 3 months uk current account statements showing either equivalent of thb 65k monthly income or lump sum thb 800k whereas for subsequent non o applications you have the extra option of showing similar amounts in copy of thai bank book. Liverpool and Birmingham as of today still appear to show no financial requirements on the paperwork available for download. Cardiff tackle it differently, including a section on the non o application form where you must give details ie name and address of a guarantor either in the uk or thailand who will cover costs of repatriation if required.

I suspect that all the UK consulate will soon be requiring the same as Hull .

...Cardiff tackle it differently, including a section on the non o application form where you must give details ie name and address of a guarantor either in the uk or thailand who will cover costs of repatriation if required.

That's interesting. I wonder if that has always been on their application form.

post-21260-0-24457100-1380663003_thumb.g

A British Pension isnt enough to Qualify for a Visa, yet a Norway Pension is. .Something wrong when Thailand thinks its more expensive to live here than England .coffee1.gif .

Probably figure the Norwegian pensions are very secure, being backed by all that oil money and provident fund, while UK pensions are kinda iffy, considering the rocky state of their economy.