My thai gf is obsessed with her mobile phone and its annoying me

ghworker2010

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one absolutely guaranteed way to retaliate. When she pulls out the phone, you pull out the newspaper. Works a treat.

Like she would even notice biggrin.png alt=biggrin.png>

She would notice if he hit her on the nose with it ! cheesy.gif

Buy a mobile phone jammer.

Worked for me. I was annoyed by the wife constantly calling over dinner and the niece facebooking on her i-thing. Now all is quiet when we eat, and we can talk ....

Easier to buy a jammer than trying to discuss the issue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mine gets engrossed in her phone too. Gets annoying when I need her to speak Thai for me and she wants to finish her game.

Likewise, but it's not exclusive to just my wife, it's my entire in-laws that are engrossed with Candy Crush in particular. But at least they want me to be included and continually ask to download and start playing too hahaha...

But it would be an exceptionally cold day in hell before that was to happen :P

When I'm not feeling the love, I've since countered the lack of attention by downloading GTA on my iPad, kick arse graphics and sound soon turns the tables...

Mine gets engrossed in her phone too. Gets annoying when I need her to speak Thai for me and she wants to finish her game.

Likewise, but it's not exclusive to just my wife, it's my entire in-laws that are engrossed with Candy Crush in particular. But at least they want me to be included and continually ask to download and start playing too hahaha...

But it would be an exceptionally cold day in hell before that was to happen :P

When I'm not feeling the love, I've since countered the lack of attention by downloading GTA on my iPad, kick arse graphics and sound soon turns the tables...

The diabolical candy crush... The GF is on level 283 she informs me...she also wanted me to download...that way I can give her extra lives to play...
  • Like 1

It usually only happens when the guy isn't interesting enough and there are not many common interests. That is what you get if you go for looks only.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, my wife is pretty obsessed with her iPhone (and iPad and MacAir biggrin.png ) .... but really it's about Skype, YM, Whatsap, Tango, Viber, YouTube, Google, a great camera and other exciting apps all at her fingertips rather than an obsession with the device. After being together day and night for nearly 10 years, there's not too much to talk about. I don't have any problems with that. Having a good relationship doesn't necessarily mean having exciting conversations all the time. I don't believe having common interests is all that important in relationships either. I'm not concerned she's not into gym, for example.

Your wife works a job and is out of the house much of the time, so it's more important for you to have high quality time together when she gets home and if she was on the phone all the time it would likely be a problem.

When I want to chat with my wife I just ask her to put down the phone.

The OP is incorrect by assuming that it's an obsession with the phone - it's about having a hi-tech communication device which provides easy contact with all her Thai friends..... I'm sure a Thai girl will feel quite isolated if spending all her time talking with her foreign husband.... she needs Thai social contact and the phone provides this. Having a relationship with a girl who speaks a different language from a totally different culture could be very isolating for her if you are not understanding.

• Like 2

There is one absolutely guaranteed way to retaliate. When she pulls out the phone, you pull out the newspaper. Works a treat.

Like she would even notice biggrin.png

Like she'd even care - or more to the point, she would prefer he read the newspaper so he can stop bugging her....

Do people still read newspapers these days?

Edited by tropo

The OP is incorrect by assuming that it's an obsession with the phone - it's about having a hi-tech communication device which provides easy contact with all her Thai friends

I think it's all about having a toy in their hands to play with,

and the trend is that they are craving for bigger and bigger toys by the year...

Edited by poanoi

Yet another reason why I steer from getting another Thai g.f.

If I was 18 years old, I might try getting a Russian g.f. There's a 17 yr. old gal I met (am friends with her Russian mom), who told me she doesn't have email and doesn't care a whit about Facebook. I told her 'yea, baby!' (picture Austin Powers, with his toothy smile)