Bt204 million approved for online system monitoring Thai govt's rice stocks

webfact

Bt204 million approved for online system monitoring govt's rice stocks
By English News

13791263727442.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 14 – The National Rice Policy Committee (NRPC) has approved a Bt204 million budget to improve the computer system of state agencies responsible for the rice pledging scheme.

Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan said all the agencies would be linked to an online database to enable checking of required documents, and relevant information including the volume of rice in the state’s stockpiles, the locations of rice warehouses and the volume of rice released to the market.

The Warehouse Organisation will be the hub of data and information, which will be shared by the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives, Marketing Organisation for Farmers, Agricultural Futures Exchange of Thailand, Commerce Ministry, Finance Ministry and Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry, he said.

The system should be implemented within two months, he said, assuring that the system would prevent corruption in rice purchase and facilitate enforcement of the rice subsidy programme. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-09-14

It's a bit late for this isn't it? We read in the last week from the govt that their rice has been selling like hotcakes abroad for double the market price. With the current scramble for buying Thai rice there is probably none left in the old stockpiles.

• Like 2

Throwing good money after bad

This must surely be an excuse to move funds around again.. IF the monies allocated for this is not used 100% for it's said purpose, is that then stealing.?????

For all the monies that are taken out for different ( things) it to me looks like I have a credit card and I can use it when I like. Pay back the money ??? no it's not mine it's Thailands

Another miss - managed scheme , this team of malcontents seem to bungle from one crises to another ,all in the name of buying votes for the faithful, one wounders how long this will go on, until the rice farmers get hurt big time, projected modelling would have shown problems of this kind at the planning stage, policy for the PTP are made at the BBQ , at the Shinawatra's house on Sundays.bah.gif Rice cakes anyone cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The system should be implemented within two months, he said, assuring that the system would prevent corruption in rice purchase and facilitate enforcement of the rice subsidy programme.

I doubt that the financial status of this scam would be included in this disclosure site

With the additional budget that Chelerm was alloted for police monitoring of the 2900 rice storage facilities, the inspection of same for foreign materials, chemicals, proper storage, and inventory checks, now this master corruption proof proposal, they have thrown another billion or so worth of slop into the trough.

This looks like a real triple for the Shin gang, thumb the nose, display middle finger and then moon the population, while counting the spoils.

I read this as 24 million in another article & thought then there was not much room for graft so 204 million makes more sense.

I believe I could set up an Excel spreadsheet for them that would do the job and I would only charge them the 24 million baht you thought it read!!!!

How are they monitoring the rice stocks at moment,most likely on

pieces of scrap paper,easy to dispose of if ,if anybody wanted to

really check (never Happen) how much rice was bought, for how much,

cost of storage/transport, in the other column how much actually sold,

for how much.

They are a bit too late trying to monitor whats going on,as I am sure

they don't know how much rice they have in stock,and what was actually

paid for it,they would need to buy a few super computers to sort this

mess out they have created, The public will never get to know what

has really happened,they will just be left with a huge bill.bring on the

rubber!

regards Worgeordie

"Houston, we apprear to have discovered a new hub ... " facepalm.gif

The Warehouse Organisation will be the hub of data and information,

and this will be shared (rightly so) with several other relevant organisations, but not the people, who actually own the famous riceberg ? wink.png

• Like 1

The system should be implemented within two months, he said, assuring that the system would prevent corruption in rice purchase and facilitate enforcement of the rice subsidy programme.

I doubt that the financial status of this scam would be included in this disclosure site

I should think that the systems analysis and agreed specification and facilities that the new computer system would provide would take all of two months - or 90 days, whichever comes to mind. Then comes the program coding, program testing and then system testing. No sale.