Charin Pies

KRS1

Got to give a shout out for Charin Pies off of Nimanheimin, they have some good stuff there !

Was probably the first proper apple pie (65 baht) i have had in thailand in 15 years, it actually had proper crumble on top too ! ...wanting an apple pie ala' mode i brought some ice cream and asked them to warm the apple pie up then dumped the ice cream on top myself....ah, just like when i was a kid :)... and the lemon pie (60 baht) is also very tasty, always my first choice.... very good if not excellent - they are sweet enough, and dont have that nasty waxy feeling.

Unfortunately the brownies are still thai style, but the rest of the pies are just like back in the states.

Opinions may vary , you may think it sucks but i think they are great ! In the same complex on the corner there is also another shop that is tasty.

• Like 1

Don't worry we'll be sure to tell you if they suck or disagree with you in anyway and just maybe will reply if we're in agreement. ? Thanks for the opinion and don't worry if others don't like it as I probably will be the only person who will ask you for reimbursement if not satisfied with your recommendation ?

• Like 2

Tywais, agree the pies and cakes are first class, but tell your Boss

to tell his mother the other meals they offer are not good at all,my

daughter was at M.F. Uni in Chiang Rai and we used to travel a

lot to visit her there, stopping at Charin on the way back,but after

a few bad meals, we ended up just taking the cakes,pies and tea.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

Tywais, agree the pies and cakes are first class, but tell your Boss

to tell his mother the other meals they offer are not good at all,my

Actually I mentioned that to him based on reports here and he agrees. But how does one go about telling his 80+ year old mother to change things? biggrin.png

Never been there but intend to with this threads feedback (besides my wise aleck remarks) so not commenting about Charin but I've experienced similar circumstances here with places being successful with a service they are good at and either expanding or also selling others they are not. I know a few real good patisseries that also serve expensive food that's embarrassing and most likely hurts their whole reputation.

Well I haven't tried it but the description sounds like the one I see at Dukes. I am a big fan of lemon meringue pie does Charin Pies have meringue on it. How about Key Lime Pie or Orange pie do they have them with meringue on them. Just starting to put weight on thinking about them?

Well I haven't tried it but the description sounds like the one I see at Dukes. I am a big fan of lemon meringue pie does Charin Pies have meringue on it. How about Key Lime Pie or Orange pie do they have them with meringue on them. Just starting to put weight on thinking about them?

The lemon meringue is my favorite also and it is indeed a thick meringue on top that just melts in your mouth. If you notice the 5 slices at the top of my picture, those are all lemon meringue. The others are blueberry, strawberry and coconut.

The lemon meringue is my favorite also and it is indeed a thick meringue on top that just melts in your mouth. If you notice the 5 slices at the top of my picture, those are all lemon meringue. The others are blueberry, strawberry and coconut.

Any chance of getting me close to it on Nimanheimin.

Jeez I love Blueberry pie. This is an all out assault on my waist line.

Any chance of getting me close to it on Nimanheimin.

Jeez I love Blueberry pie. This is an all out assault on my waist line.

Its in the 'Jira & Wasa' complex along with La Genoise and a few other little shops, just down from salad concept. You can access it from either the Soi 11, or Soi 13 entrances.

One of my guilty pleasures is ducking in for a piece of pie/cake to take home after a dinner on Nimman. One they have had recently is the mango cream pie, which I thought was particularly good.

Edited by DaBloodyMess

How difficult is it to search GOOGLE and get the address? Why should everyone do everything for you? This is 2013, think google, google maps, etc....sheesh.

This is Thailand remember. An address is often pretty useless here except for a general idea due to the way street/house numbering systems were generated. First hand directions are always better here using landmarks or other points of reference.

Countless times I see a street address for a business and it doesn't correlate with surrounding addresses. So I think it is fair to ask members the information.

post-49932-0-01642800-1379352675_thumb.j

• Like 1

How difficult is it to search GOOGLE and get the address? Why should everyone do everything for you? This is 2013, think google, google maps, etc....sheesh.

I have often looked at the maps and they are in Thai. Some people are useless in helping and others very helpful. Show me a map that will help find a place in English with out using a GPS. That would be useful information.

• Like 2

Never been there but intend to with this threads feedback (besides my wise aleck remarks) so not commenting about Charin but I've experienced similar circumstances here with places being successful with a service they are good at and either expanding or also selling others they are not. I know a few real good patisseries that also serve expensive food that's embarrassing and most likely hurts their whole reputation.

There is a good patisserie in the same complex, they have cheesecake with the softest texture.

Maybe we just chose the wrong pies and the wrong food but the wife and I were not as impressed as many of you. The river location is quite nice, however, and there were many foreign tourists there last time we stopped by, so they are obviously doing something right.

Charin%2520Resort%2520%2520002.jpg

I agree with this. The pies taste to me a bit like commercial pies that use food subtitutes to make them. I am not a health food freak and they ae sweet and go down OK but are not memorable. I prefer the apple pies from sausage King but that may ajust be a difference between Australian and US taste.

Maybe we just chose the wrong pies and the wrong food but the wife and I were not as impressed as many of you. The river location is quite nice, however, and there were many foreign tourists there last time we stopped by, so they are obviously doing something right.

I agree with this. The pies taste to me a bit like commercial pies that use food subtitutes to make them. I am not a health food freak and they ae sweet and go down OK but are not memorable. I prefer the apple pies from sausage King but that may ajust be a difference between Australian and US taste.

which location did you go to?

The original.

The original.

Where is the original ?