painting a motorbike...

emily5656

i've just bought a bike- a honda dream, and i'm pretty keen to paint it.

But, i dont often see custom paint jobs on bikes in thailand? Do you think i'd have a problem selling it on again once it's painted? (I'm planning on changing the colour written in the green book so it is legal and alright to tax)

Would really appriciate any knowledge on painted bikes, as i know very little about it!

Welcome to Thaivisa Emily welcomeani.gif.pagespeed.ce.WEO6J5z5nm.g

We have a forum dedicated to bikes in Thailand

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/117-bikes-in-thailand/

Maybe the Mods can move the question there.......

My pal was at a dealership the other day with his bike and was quoted a ridiculously low price for changing the panels and respray, so low I'm not telling you how much it was. Safe to say neither of us could believe it.

Maybe run your bike into a dealership and ask, you might get a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

Beardog.where is shop?

2 kilometers north of Pattaya Nua on the West side of Sukumvitt seems about right. It's 150 meters just before you drive under the overhead pedestrian bridge that crosses Sukumvitt. There is a Maxxis sign over the shop.

ww.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/592296-michelin-pilot-sporty-for-cbr-150-in-pattaya/

The paint shop is right across the street Within 2 buildings down. You will see columns painted Lavender-Purple -ish on the outside.

The inside of the shop will have more than 50 paint strips(large) showing what the paint looks like when applied. You can't really miss it. Look for the Maxxis tire sign & then do a U-turn back on Sukimvette. Park across the street of Maxxis & walk down 2 businesses & you will see the shop. I have 2 numbers for the shop. One is the shop & the other is the Painter that does an excellent job on Bikes or small parts.PM me for the tele numbers.

I wish I had the street address for you but I spaced on writing it down. Very awesome paint colors!

Barry

My pal was at a dealership the other day with his bike and was quoted a ridiculously low price for changing the panels and respray, so low I'm not telling you how much it was. Safe to say neither of us could believe it.

Maybe run your bike into a dealership and ask, you might get a pleasant surprise.

Yes Blether, I bought a topbox and bracket for my Honda, and had them sent from Bangkok. The local Honda dealer fixed them on to my bike for free, and it took them about 15 mins. Thailand has among the worst drivers and riders in the world, but you cannot fault the service you get for both motorbikes and cars.

Beardog.where is shop?

2 kilometers north of Pattaya Nua on the West side of Sukumvitt seems about right. It's 150 meters just before you drive under the overhead pedestrian bridge that crosses Sukumvitt. There is a Maxxis sign over the shop.

ww.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/592296-michelin-pilot-sporty-for-cbr-150-in-pattaya/

The paint shop is right across the street Within 2 buildings down. You will see columns painted Lavender-Purple -ish on the outside.

The inside of the shop will have more than 50 paint strips(large) showing what the paint looks like when applied. You can't really miss it. Look for the Maxxis tire sign & then do a U-turn back on Sukimvette. Park across the street of Maxxis & walk down 2 businesses & you will see the shop. I have 2 numbers for the shop. One is the shop & the other is the Painter that does an excellent job on Bikes or small parts.PM me for the tele numbers.

I wish I had the street address for you but I spaced on writing it down. Very awesome paint colors!

Barry

Good on ya Beardog. The Maxxis shop does nearly all my tyre work.....and I have stood at the front watching the traffic on Sukhumvit Rd and never seen the shop you refer to! Funny that! 555

Yes Blether, I bought a topbox and bracket for my Honda, and had them sent from Bangkok. The local Honda dealer fixed them on to my bike for free, and it took them about 15 mins. Thailand has among the worst drivers and riders in the world, but you cannot fault the service you get for both motorbikes and cars.

"but you cannot fault the service you get for both motorbikes and cars"

Ah, yes you can! Did I tell you the story about me getting the pick-up serviced at the PPT(???) on Thepprasit Rd? The silly bitch that did the oil and filter forgot to tighten the filter properly and somewhere up Hwy 11 it started leaking. We turned off at Wong Si Phun and luckily we made it to the village before the red dash light came on. I didn't know till morning what happened until I went down to where the pick-up was parked. Oil everywhere underneath!