iPhone 4 - any way to block a number?

Green

I use iPhone 4, with imobile 3GX sim + internet, post paid, i called the service center and they said they cannot block a number from calling me or sending messages. I downloaded an app called 'call blocker' - it does not work at all! I have read that the app iBlacklist is also bogus and doesn't work. My phone is not jailbroken so have not tried the cydia version.

I need to block a number from contacting me or sending messages - has anyone found a way or carrier that can do this?

Thanks.

Try avast mobile security. It will filter calls and msgs and they will not show up in the history of your phone. But its password protected and the history of the blocked number will be within the app. You can then delete it there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Try avast mobile security. It will filter calls and msgs and they will not show up in the history of your phone. But its password protected and the history of the blocked number will be within the app. You can then delete it there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

looks like that is just for android? Nothing in the itunes store. anything specifically for iphone? it sounds perfect!

I think a few service providers here offer this as a network service but evidently iMobile does not.

You could port out to a service provider which offers this service. I assume changing numbers is not an option?

iMobile may let you change numbers, still staying within their system but I pity the poor person who gets your "old" number. ;)

Since it's an iPhone 4, I suggest you jailbreak the device. Test out whatever app you are considering from the Xsellize repo.

PS - iBlacklist didn't work for me on my Jailbroken iPhone and the developer was pretty rude when contacted. But there are alternatives.

Seems that there are answer provided already, best of luck.

I made 2 contacts on my phone:

1) DNA (Do Not Answer) and list anyone/number... with the silenced ringtone YES, I didn't think of that

2) ICE (In Case of Emergency) Most hospitals, emergency workers and law enforcement are aware of this in the west.

I just now spent thirty seconds on Google searching for the terms "iphone 4" and "block a number" and I got a half-million hits ... and at the top was complete instructions on how to do what you ask on Apple's own website.

It's actually very easy to do on the iPhone itself .... much easier that the advice I see others offering here.

Edited by HerbalEd

My iphone 4 is jailbroken and I use SMSninja to block any incoming phone cslls or SMS. Works like a charm.

Well good to know I dont have to change my number, I tried truecaller and it doesn't work! So if smsninja is good i can jailbreak my phone. I dont mind buying an app, but the thai store is pretty limited, haven't seen anything that does this.

Whats that about iOS7, it will allow block numbers?

I dont want a silent feature, and will change to Dtac or something as a last resort. Thank!

just downloaded iOS7 and it does inded have call/sms/facetime blocking that works!!! Unbelievable that it came available the day I asked for it (more or less)...

I used my other phone to call the iphone after putting it on the block list and it just gives a busy signal - perfect. Thanks for the heads up folks!

• Like 1

I used to AIS and subscribe to call blocking, from what I remember it was 30bt a month and you could stop up to 10 number.

http://www.thaipulse.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/thailand-block-ais-calls.png

DTAC I have a similar service, called call screening service, plus they have an option block numbers with no caller ID ( No Number No Talk)

Either of these ways they are blocked by the network.

• 3 weeks later...

I also found the caller block since upgrading to ios7, so far it's worked like a charm,, looks like I've managed to block those annoying happy SMS messages, since activating it 4 days back I haven't had a happy message,,,,, now I'm a happy chappy,,,

i found that i still get a message from voice mail saying that a number has tried calling me, a blocked number, which is annoying as I don't want to get any notification from blocked callers! Can't figure out how to stop receiving messages from voice mail, anyone know how?