Phuket: Naughty abbot caught on camera in sex romp

webfact

Whilst I know monks are supposed to remain celibate I think that is the most difficult thing for any man to do. Although he has broken his vows I hope (if he is otherwise a good monk) allowed to remain a monk if he stops seeing this lady.

He's not a good monk full stop. If he was a novice first beginning the practice, you could sort of understand giving into temptation.

But he's an abbot for Buddha's sake. If you can't practice mindfulness as an Abbot, you are not a Buddhist at all.

And think what example he is setting all the monks in his community, not to mention the lay people.

Thai people have a saying like in most countries "don't mess with people's wives". If its true for lay people, its 100 times true for monks.

He's broken about 100 of the 227 precepts he is supposed to abide by if he really has done this.

He should be disrobed, and then expect whatever treatment people that going around shagging other peoples wives get.

Its called karma. He should know all about that.

In the christian faith it is understood that we are all sinners and people are suppose to forgive those that trespass. I can't remember The lords prayer but there is a line that goes something like "and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive them that trespass against us. I think it is sometimes hard to forgive but it is usually the right thing to do.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Thailand just great fun.

Where else would you get this type of story?

And even some 'conspiracy theory' nuts chirp in! biggrin.png

LOL @ Jacko - that's right - they are simple minded loving people (who even sometimes love other peoples wives)

Whilst I know monks are supposed to remain celibate I think that is the most difficult thing for any man to do. Although he has broken his vows I hope (if he is otherwise a good monk) allowed to remain a monk if he stops seeing this lady.

If he can't stand the heat then he shouldn't be in the bl**dy kitchen.

Thai Monks chasing women and enriching themselves, perverted catholic priests abusing young boys - surely this says something about celibacy. Has this always happened but gets exposed more now? (No pun intended).

Not worry.....The Thai Government have a solution....Since last year Lady Boys can work in airlines and public places, and going to school, wearing what they want...and...in some places...doing what they want. Very soon Buddhist temples will be filled with Lady Boys Monks and everybody will be happy....

.......naughty............and.......alleged............shall I puke now.....

....a certain someone ran over and dragged a policemen 50-100 meters....or more...........that became alleged too............

...another certain someone was declared murder in a robbery.....before his body had been found......

...oh, yeah.....it's making sense to me now.......

...and don't forget...if you are a foreigner accused of anything........forget it....you are done for....true or not....

(......I just got slandered for the second time in 3 years....in my place of work.....from best teacher....to worst.....truth has no bearing.....)

What a crock you talk.Next it will be child molesters . thieves. murderers, and all the rest of societies flotsam and this monk belongs in that pond.

Thai Monks chasing women and enriching themselves, perverted catholic priests abusing young boys - surely this says something about celibacy. Has this always happened but gets exposed more now? (No pun intended).

I think it has been going on for thousands of years but with Technology being what it is and the amount of free time people have it spreads world wide as fast as the speed of light. I believe it was some where around the year 1,000 that the Catholic church said priests were to remain celibate. Up until then they had been getting married.

Well I have no ntention of watching the video as the article states it is mostly nothing and you can not see the monk.

At any rate It is my belief and I do not wish to insult any one but you would have to be six bricks shy of a load to believe that things like that never happen given the number of Monks in the world and for that matter any religion such as Catholicism that purports that it's priests, monks or what ever you wish to call them abstain from sex of any kind.

Im surprised there isnt a furore every morning when they go round begging for food, so much a pick up has to follow them near me and then they all jump in and go back to the temple puffing on their fags.

The whole thing is a farce.....................yet the gullible fall over themselves and cough up endless amounts of money to build "yet another monument to stupidity"

Wow - such total ignorance of what buddhism is about. If you don't like it, fine, but I doubt you have ever even read a book on the subject.

I agree on one thing - modern Buddhism appears more and more "ill" - but the concept of alms giving is not part of the sickness. And monks don't "beg", it has nothing to do with begging. Just a quote from wiki about alms giving:

In Buddhism, alms or almsgiving is the respect given by a lay Buddhist to a Buddhist monk, nun, spiritually-developed person or other sentient being. It is not charity as presumed by Western interpreters. It is closer to a symbolic connection to the spiritual realm and to show humbleness and respect in the presence of the secular society.[note 1] The act of alms giving assists in connecting the human to the monk or nun and what he/she represents. As the Buddha has stated:

Householders & the homeless or charity [monastics]

in mutual dependence

both reach the true Dhamma....

I feel I speak for many certainly myself. But there is certainly a lot of people who really don't know much about Buddhism. But many of them (not me) are willing to put it down when some thing that they don't agree with or understand occurs. You really don't have to look at it to much to see that it does teach respect and some people don't practice it. Never the less it is a very good thing to learn and practice. I admit I fall short but I am willing to admit it with out pointing my finger at some one else as an excuse. most of the timesmile.png

The claim that this was created using video technology doesn't hold water--a poor quality cam is nearly impossible to be edited using cgi for a large number of reasons. Forward the clip to a video editing pro and he can slice one frame and prove if it's been diddled or not, and which is remarkably hard to do with poor quality film. Staged is easy, cgi modified is not. You need a fairly clean copy to slice and dice ala photoshop approach, and which would take one person sixty hours per minute to modify and render. Because of that the available video is illegal, and people distributing it "will be sued".

Hah. What a cover-up farce. At least he wasn't caught with his pants down. He doesn't wear pants.

I think it has been going on for thousands of years but with Technology being what it is and the amount of free time people have it spreads world wide as fast as the speed of light. I believe it was some where around the year 1,000 that the Catholic church said priests were to remain celibate. Up until then they had been getting married.

Well I have no ntention of watching the video as the article states it is mostly nothing and you can not see the monk.

At any rate It is my belief and I do not wish to insult any one but you would have to be six bricks shy of a load to believe that things like that never happen given the number of Monks in the world and for that matter any religion such as Catholicism that purports that it's priests, monks or what ever you wish to call them abstain from sex of any kind.

Im surprised there isnt a furore every morning when they go round begging for food, so much a pick up has to follow them near me and then they all jump in and go back to the temple puffing on their fags.

The whole thing is a farce.....................yet the gullible fall over themselves and cough up endless amounts of money to build "yet another monument to stupidity"

Wow - such total ignorance of what buddhism is about. If you don't like it, fine, but I doubt you have ever even read a book on the subject.

I agree on one thing - modern Buddhism appears more and more "ill" - but the concept of alms giving is not part of the sickness. And monks don't "beg", it has nothing to do with begging. Just a quote from wiki about alms giving:

In Buddhism, alms or almsgiving is the respect given by a lay Buddhist to a Buddhist monk, nun, spiritually-developed person or other sentient being. It is not charity as presumed by Western interpreters. It is closer to a symbolic connection to the spiritual realm and to show humbleness and respect in the presence of the secular society.[note 1] The act of alms giving assists in connecting the human to the monk or nun and what he/she represents. As the Buddha has stated:

Householders & the homeless or charity [monastics]

in mutual dependence

both reach the true Dhamma....

I feel I speak for many certainly myself. But there is certainly a lot of people who really don't know much about Buddhism. But many of them (not me) are willing to put it down when some thing that they don't agree with or understand occurs. You really don't have to look at it to much to see that it does teach respect and some people don't practice it. Never the less it is a very good thing to learn and practice. I admit I fall short but I am willing to admit it with out pointing my finger at some one else as an excuse. most of the timesmile.png

You see all those shiny palaces to buddhism?? you think Mr Budhha would have wanted that??

They dont come cheap you know.

Just another stupid hierachy based on lies. Monks are morally superior because of non-attachment, but one is found schtuping someone's wife? Perhaps some attachment to and help for the messy injustice and ignorance that exists in Thailand would be preferable to hiding one's head in the sand and then claiming moral superiority for this inaction.

Edited by kirk0233
  • Like 1

He's not a good monk full stop. If he was a novice first beginning the practice, you could sort of understand giving into temptation.

But he's an abbot for Buddha's sake. If you can't practice mindfulness as an Abbot, you are not a Buddhist at all.

And think what example he is setting all the monks in his community, not to mention the lay people.

Thai people have a saying like in most countries "don't mess with people's wives". If its true for lay people, its 100 times true for monks.

He's broken about 100 of the 227 precepts he is supposed to abide by if he really has done this.

He should be disrobed, and then expect whatever treatment people that going around shagging other peoples wives get.

Its called karma. He should know all about that.

Been there done that...apparently

Well, you have at least got to take your hat off to the guy that it was a HUMAN - a few years back there was an Abbot caught with a yelping dog with its legs tied to a tree and he was giving it one!

Some of the locals were saying it wasn't too bad as at least the dog was a female................................................

I am shocked and abhorred by the 95% of ignorant posters on this thread. Shame on all of you.

You don't have to believe in any religion - your choice - but there is absolutely no justification to jump on the hate monk bandwagon in this or any other recently publicised misdemeanours.

I admit that ocassionally revelations are horrific and if true are indefendable...... but could be compared to similar atrocities of the cloth in Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism et al.

There are miscreants in EVERY religion..... And in every walk of life, family, community, ethnicity, nationality, politics, and government.

To make such sweeping judgements here just exposes ones self as a complete ignoramus in my humble opinion.

One or two, or five or ten wayward or even criminal monks balanced against hundreds of thousands of dedicated Buddhists. Do the percentages and compare with the other religions waging war against each other across the planet!

• Like 2