How long did it take you to become expert about Thailand.

somchaiyatt

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ OP,

This is your thread started by you.

I think im not alone here in saying that we really understood your post as just trolling.

However I gave you the benefit of the doubt and could see that just maybe you make have read a few threads and got the impression that all people here in tv were expert's.

However by posting such titles in any fourm you are going to be wide open to sarcasm and much of it. If you cant except sarcasm or you dont understand sarcasm then maybe dont post such things.

But given the fact you opened this thread and then abandoned it basically, you returned to make only 3 more posts??

This says to me that the other members are correct and you are just a fat troll lurking in the back ground.

Will look forward to reading more of your drivel under your new screen name soon.........

Really, what's wrong with the OP's post?

I guess that prod on many pseudo experts raw spots!

It has been proven beyond any doubt that the more money & arrogance you have, the faster you become a "Thai Expert" or for that matter any expert - even before you see Thailand, just by reading!

I read Thaivisa since 4 years, i have never seen anybody claiming to be an expert of Thailand...

..Just people expressing their point of view, which can be more or less debatable.

There are some very knowledgeable people posting regularly on this Forum, but my very personal opinion is that the OP cannot guess who are them.

I my opinion, when a person writes, in my opinion that is an opinion. When a person says most Thais or words to that effect he is claiming expert status; otherwise how could he say, "most or all Thais." I submit the following as examples.

Psychology expert, "Childish like behavior but ingrained in their social cultural and educational upbringing. Add to that the general self-centered attitudes most Thais have and you have a potential volcano waiting to explode - often for what seems to us a totally illogical reason."

Criminology experts, the question; is rape prevalent in Thailand? "very bad in Chiang mai and most are not reported to cops."

Virtually none are reported to the cops.

Rape statistic for women in the sex trade is well nigh 100%

10 time higher than any western European country.

Rape is not seen as a big deal.

Marriage counselors/experts.

"These days I just don`t feel that Thai women make good wife/girlfriend partners anymore and best not to become too deeply involved with them."