How to shut down a Thai massage shop?

Chittychangchang

Before you start slating me for wanting to shut down a business, read the story before leaving suggestions.

The wife and our family have lived in a quite village in the UK for the last 10 years.

The Thai wife has worked hard to break down social stigmas in the U.K ie: mail order/massage/BG etc

She has invited dozens of other families to our home for dinner and drinks.

We have a lot of friends here.

She has her own successful catering business.

Recently a queen bee type has opened a Thai Massage shop in the middle of two pubs in our quite village!

So the social stigmas that my wife and i have quashed over 10 years have appeared overnight.

Needless to say the rumor mill has started among the residents about the services on offer.

This queen bee type even offered my wife £20 a day to sit in her shop and £15 a massage, <deleted>w00t.gif while we where doing our shopping in the supermarket with the kids after 2 minutes of meeting her!(she was suprised when i spoke to her in Thai, understanding the proposal to my wife and walked away quickly)

So what would you do?

Let the lease run it's course and hope she goes bankrupt?

Or something else?

CCC

Mind your own business and don't interfere with what other people are doing with their lives?

Really isn't your place to be trying to shut down someones business when it does not directly affect you.

The point is it will indirectly affect my family through sterio-typing and stigmas.

Be that directly through whatever remains to be seen or not as the case may be.

CCC

Massage shop in UK? First is check its legit, has correct operating licence, more importantly correct insurance.

Trading standards would close them in a heartbeat without correct certification and insurance, does planning dept,know how that premises is being used?

Just a few thoughts.

• Like 1

"So the social stigmas that my wife and i have quashed over 10 years have appeared overnight.

Needless to say the rumor mill has started among the residents about the services on offer".

I doubt very much if the social stigma really was quashed. Maybe you thought it was, but.....

Having said that, what's wrong with Thai massage, it's famous around the world.

• Like 1

Mind your own business and don't interfere with what other people are doing with their lives?

Really isn't your place to be trying to shut down someones business when it does not directly affect you.

Think you are wrong, if the said business perhaps gives the full monty whistling.gif . Farang folk have one view of Thai massage and Thai ladies in general from what they read or hear, am afraid to say. In fact I know folk who are doing the full monty in the UK AND word gets around FAST.

CCC - Probably not a lot you can do I'm afraid. One would assume that your genuine friends, even genuine acquaintances would not associate you or your wife with the business or its implied seedy side simply because she is Thai. Anybody that does do that are probably not worth bothering with anyway.

Let it take its natural course. Is there a chance the business is legit?

"So the social stigmas that my wife and i have quashed over 10 years have appeared overnight.

Needless to say the rumor mill has started among the residents about the services on offer".

I doubt very much if the social stigma really was quashed. Maybe you thought it was, but.....

Having said that, what's wrong with Thai massage, it's famous around the world.

Agreed proper Thai massage is great and can have healing benefits.

It's the other type of Thai massage that is more famous around the world that gives the stigma and takes away the legitimacy of the authentic Thai massage.

CCC

Think you are wrong, if the said business perhaps gives the full monty whistling.gif . Farang folk have one view of Thai massage and Thai ladies in general from what they read or hear, am afraid to say. In fact I know folk who are doing the full monty in the UK AND word gets around FAST.

have a look in the local paper classifieds and see if '19 year old beauty gives full Thai massage' has appeared. If it hasn't, then there's a chance it's legit.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

CCC - Probably not a lot you can do I'm afraid. One would assume that your genuine friends, even genuine acquaintances would not associate you or your wife with the business or its implied seedy side simply because she is Thai. Anybody that does do that are probably not worth bothering with anyway.

Is there a chance the business is legit?

From my first impression of the owner, very doubtful.

I can not prove anything yet!

CCC

My wife is Mexican. How can I shut down the local taco stand so people will stop making snide remarks?

My girlfriend is Indian. Is there any way I can put all the tailors on Sukhumvit out of business so my friends will stop making fun of me?

I'm dating a 6 foot tall African American woman. Will you please help me formulate an elaborate scheme that will lead to the demise of the WNBA once and for all? Some guys at work were cracking wise.

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Is there a chance the business is legit?

From my first impression of the owner, very doubtful.

I can not prove anything yet!

CCC

send an out of town friend in for a massage

see if he is happy at the ending

You have to hand it to them chitty, a massage parlour between two pubs is a blinder of a location. burp.gif

Especially if a Madras Curry is on offer for afters. laugh.png

Heaven, I'm in heaven, and my heart.............wink.png

Must admit, the thought of Real Ale was the clincher for me. whistling.gif ...............smile.png

I'm a little confused why you'd ask about UK laws or methods of doing something pertaining to UK business on a Thailand forum. Wouldn't make more sense to access a UK forum?

However, if you feel strongly that the Thai neighbour is doing something illegal, report her to the police. Otherwise, I agree with those who say to mind your own business, or you could just move. Better yet, don't worry about what other people say or do. There are many people who will always find something nasty to say about others (to make themselves feel better). If you let them control or strongly affect your life, then you're only giving in to your own weaknesses.

Edited by Wavefloater

Id say mind your own business, shutting down someone because of image is a real bad thing. Maybe next thing you will ask is that bar girls arent allowed to marry as they bring the normal Thai girls down.

Come on just show your wife is different your friends will know the difference and those who don't aren't your friends.

You seem a bit obsessed with image here.

• Like 1

When you try to solve a problem by making such moves as trying to shut down her business, you might solve one problem but you plant the seeds of others. My suggestion would be just make it clear to her that neither you nor your family is interested in her and her business. Therefore you do not tolerate one more ridiculous offer like the previous one that your wife could work for her or anything like that. Let her know in a respectful way about the same thing that you were always reminded of when in Thailand: you do not belong here, you are just a guest so act accordingly.. show some respect and leave your wannabe queen bee attitude at home.

Regarding to business, let nature take care of it. Its her business not yours.

Sent from one of my devices using the internet

Just where does the stigma lie here? Just with whom does the prejudice live?

Mind your own business, and let the shop mind theirs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So if a new neighbour's dog takes a dump in your front garden.

You clean up the mess and don't say anything.

coffee1.gif

CCC

• Like 1