Where can I buy Zoloft in Bangkok?

maxsurly

Since this was prescribed for you , you will have to go to a hospital,and see the doctors there and remember to take past prescriptions with you, if you still have them

That isn't necessary, I just need to find somewhere to buy 50mg Zoloft pills. I'm already in the process of tapering off them at .25mg per day. A trip to the hospital isn't required, and I believe Zoloft can possibly be bought without prescriptions anyway.

Edited by maxsurly
  • Like 1

Don't know about Bangkok, but generic Sertraline 50mg is easily available in Chiang Mai at about a third of the price of the overpriced (brand name) Zoloft. Therefore, I would imagine it's just a question of asking various pharmacies in Bangkok.

all benzos (of which xanax is one) are strictly controlled drugs legally available only from hospitals. As of February of this year, xanax specifically has been banned altogether in Thailand. Other benzos (valium etc) remain legal but only from a hospital pharmacy on doctor presecription.

In addition, xanax is also highly addictive, even as compared to other benzos. Withdrawal is difficult and very unpleasant.

Reference to illegal sourcing of it has been deleted in keeping with forum rules.

all benzos (of which xanax is one) are strictly controlled drugs legally available only from hospitals. As of February of this year, xanax specifically has been banned altogether in Thailand. Other benzos (valium etc) remain legal but only from a hospital pharmacy on doctor presecription.

In addition, xanax is also highly addictive, even as compared to other benzos. Withdrawal is difficult and very unpleasant.

Reference to illegal sourcing of it has been deleted in keeping with forum rules.

Btw, these ppl that sell such drugs are selling them for the police and happily admit it...I don't want to be rude but sometimes ppl need help with depression as long as they're aware that they're indeed addictive, but I believe ultimately they can also be a godsend to those who do in fact suffer the debilitating affects of depression....which in my experience sometimes do help...but yes I agree pls be careful. I used to take them but discovered that exercise and diet are much better -:) Edited by maxism67
  • Like 1

Btw I'm also a personal trainer and have been doing it for over 20 years....if anyone is in need of a trainer pls pm me. Good exercise and diet really does cure depression. I'm 46 years old but if you look at my pic you'll see that I look younger and natural....so I can't stress enough pls be careful with Valium, Xanax, etc they really are very dangerous. However, I will ad sometimes they can help but only as a temporary solution

try this. Rhodiola. It is great and acts within 2 minutes.

http://www.iherb.com/Herb-Pharm-Rhodiola-1-fl-oz-29-6-ml/15573

and GABA, 5-HTP, SAM-e.

and B12. big rush of energy:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Ultra-B-12-5-000-mcg-4-fl-oz-118-ml/6281

change your diet and exercise everyday. try walking 2 to 5 miles or more a day if you can.

don't watch television or the news. stay off the internet. listen to positive music. meditate. yoga.

get rid of toxic people. don't drink any alcohol, ever.

I was in a depression when working in Bangkok a few years ago (after a messy separation).

After having done a health check-up in the largest hospitals in Bangkok, I spoke with the doctor afterwards and explained that I think I'm in a depression and asked if he had some medicine for me.

Surprisingly he did not want to give me any medication, he said: "Try to activate yourself, do things you love, excercise, sleep and eat well".

I did that and finally found my way back to a normal life, even if it took a while.

Now I'm thankful for his advise, I could have been stuck with medication and perhaps adicted to it and never gotten out of the depression.

I think it's a matter of getting those bad thoughts out of your mind by forcing yourself to be active. It's NOT easy but it works!

I was in a depression when working in Bangkok a few years ago (after a messy separation).

After having done a health check-up in the largest hospitals in Bangkok, I spoke with the doctor afterwards and explained that I think I'm in a depression and asked if he had some medicine for me.

Surprisingly he did not want to give me any medication, he said: "Try to activate yourself, do things you love, excercise, sleep and eat well".

I did that and finally found my way back to a normal life, even if it took a while.

Now I'm thankful for his advise, I could have been stuck with medication and perhaps adicted to it and never gotten out of the depression.

I think it's a matter of getting those bad thoughts out of your mind by forcing yourself to be active. It's NOT easy but it works!

How lucky you were to meet with a wise doctor. "Depression" is part of the normal human condition and is often self limiting.

Serious "Clinical" depression is another issue but even this can be managed without necessarily resorting to medication

That's the point why seriously depressed people need something to help them.....they simply cannot exercise, sleep (some oversleep) eat well or motivate themselves and no amount of encouragement from anyone will make much difference. Not even psychotherapy in the clinically depressed phase, it's all too much and their life as they knew it starts to grind to a halt.

Anyone who can 'pull themselves together' and able to do all the things you mention, wouldn't be considered clinically depressed IMO.

• Like 2

Medication is often unavoidable in clinical depression, but should always be accompanied by therapy.

The medications used in depression are not addictive in the way that benzos (which treat anxiety, not depression) are, and they are not controlled substances in Thailand. However supervision by a pyschiatrist is recommended to among other things monitor for adverse effects on the liver and also to select the best medication as there are a number and not all depression is the same. In some cases there is depression mixed with anxiety. In some cases the depression is part of a bi-polar condition. In both such cases standard anti-depressents will make matters worse. A good therapist will recognize which patients need medication and which can be managed without, and will refer the former to a doctor for medical management while continuing the therapy.

I did receive brief therapy in conjunction with the medication, but upon moving cities (to BKK) I've decided not to continue seeking it. To the previous poster, there was no 'exercising, doing the things you love etc.' way out for me, it was pretty serious. In addition to Zoloft I was also temporarily prescribed the powerful anti-psychotic Risperidone, albeit at a low dose (.5 mg). Anyway, things are stable now and my only dilemma is in deciding whether to taper off the Zoloft at .25 mg for the next 5-6 months after being on 50mg for half a year already, or to keep the 50mg dose for another 5-6 months and then taper off over the course of another year. Given that the generic seems to be pretty cheap, this doesn't seem like a bad option although it may be unnecessary.

Edited by maxsurly

Sorry Sheryl

Still don't know where to look. For this non techie can you be more explicit on how to locate these "locked" threads?

Thanks for sending the link. But i don't like not comprehending what you are telling me. I would like to learn.

Thanks

There are 3 distinct sections to the Health forum.

Top section = listing of sub-forums.

Beneath that, there is a section with "pinned" threads. The word "pinned" appears in green to the left hand side of the thread title. these are for reference.

The bottom section is the one with current threads.