Room For Rent

gk10002000

I am curious about staying for a longer time, if anybody rents out a room in their house? I am a contract engineer here in the USA and I usually work away from home. What I have done on most of my jobs is find somebody that is renting a room in their house. I don't go for crowded houses or party houses. I try to get a decently furnished place with just one other person there (the owner). It has worked out well. It saves me the trouble of bringing furniture, I get to move in to a complete house with a kitchen of course. I take a flexible month to month lease. I don't bring much with me when on the road, and it is easy for me to leave the house when I am done with the job. Some house owners want no part of it, because they want a long term housemate. Others, the ones I have rented from loved it, because they know I leave when the job is done, they know I am working, and not just some guy that needs a house because he has no where else to go. I find houses tend to be much quieter than apartments. Plus so many apartment complexes in the USA are one by corporate drones, and they have too many short-lease restrictions if they even offer them.

So, after that segway, I am wondering if something like that is available in or near Pattaya? I have had some decent long stay hotel/apartments, but was wondering if any house options are available?

If you want to live i a house there are plenty of fully furnished houses for vacation rentals - from daily upwards. for example http://www.villarentersthailand.com/

it amazes me Lenny that people make these broad stroke generalizations without doing any research into the matter

i frequently see rooms/apartments for rent in peoples houses on ThaiVisa classified and bahtsold

i frequently see rooms/apartments for rent in peoples houses on ThaiVisa classified and bahtsold

I have never seen an ad for a room in a house here, not that I have looked very hard for them. They surely cant be very numerous compared with the thousands of ads for condos and houses.

Personally I cant see why anyone would want to do this when there are so many perfectly decent individual places available for rent. I cant imagine much worse than sharing my home with other people, except maybe death by mau-mau.

I have never seen an ad for a room in a house here, not that I have looked very hard for them. They surely cant be very numerous compared with the thousands of ads for condos and houses.

Personally I cant see why anyone would want to do this when there are so many perfectly decent individual places available for rent. I cant imagine much worse than sharing my home with other people, except maybe death by mau-mau.

i have seen many ads over the years

big houses with separate apartments/separate access/guest houses in grounds

i even considered doing it myself to give my dogs someone new to play with

as to sharing your home, i imagine there's not enough room in your condo and then there's the issue of whether your landlord would allow you to sublet

Maybe you look for that sort of thing. I certainly cant remember seeing one, though as I mentioned the idea doesn't interest me at all so it's not exactly something that would catch my eye.

as to sharing your home, i imagine there's not enough room in your condo and then there's the issue of whether your landlord would allow you to sublet

The condo I am in now is big enough for two but I wouldnt want to be one of them. As to whether my landlord would permit it, my contract has no restrictions of that nature (I should know: I wrote it).

I've seen condos here with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms that would certainly be large enough for subletting (in fact each of the bedrooms in those units were larger than many studios I have seen here).

The last house I owned was 450sqm on 2 hectares of garden and I was more than happy to be the only person living there.

• Like 1

Maybe you look for that sort of thing. I certainly cant remember seeing one, though as I mentioned the idea doesn't interest me at all so it's not exactly something that would catch my eye.

The condo I am in now is big enough for two but I wouldnt want to be one of them. As to whether my landlord would permit it, my contract has no restrictions of that nature (I should know: I wrote it).

I've seen condos here with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms that would certainly be large enough for subletting (in fact each of the bedrooms in those units were larger than many studios I have seen here).

The last house I owned was 450sqm on 2 hectares of garden and I was more than happy to be the only person living there.

why does that not surprise me