Students gather to support rubber farmers

Lite Beer

Students gather to support rubber farmers
The Nation

Nakhon Si Thammarat Governor Viroj Jivarungsan has instructed intelligence officials to closely monitor the movement of Ramkhamhaeng University students in the province.

The instruction was issued yesterday after several students showed up in the province to join the rubber farmers' protest.

This protest has dragged on for weeks now, as local rubber farmers continue pressing for a higher price of rubber.

Yesterday, the students declared their support for the protesters and blamed the government for not being sincere enough to solve the problem.

The students also accused the government of using force to try to disperse the protesting farmers.

Yesterday morning, a helicopter was seen hovering over the protest site and protest guards set off big firecrackers to chase it away.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-22

Freedom of speech at work as the activities of students to be monitored, anyway in Thailand the expression " intelligence officials " must be an oxymoron.

I don't know the way things work here so can a provincial governor order operations by state, police or miltary intelligence assets ? A request for assistance seems the only thing appropriate unless he has his own intelligence section of course.

• Like 1

I blame The Nation for yet again piss poor reporting. To the reporter:

"Hey Idiot!"...

Who are these students?

What are their affiliations with the farmers?

How did they get it into their heads to decide to protest?

How did they get to the protest site; bus, individually, other?

Was their any teacher or other outside influence in their decision?

What are their views on this matter?

Until questions like this are posed in such a piss poor article, and answered with vigor, then I consign this article to the toilet paper roll in the bathroom, to be used for more practical purposes at a future date.

Next!...

• Like 2

I blame The Nation for yet again piss poor reporting. To the reporter:

"Hey Idiot!"...

Who are these students?

What are their affiliations with the farmers?

How did they get it into their heads to decide to protest?

How did they get to the protest site; bus, individually, other?

Was their any teacher or other outside influence in their decision?

What are their views on this matter?

Until questions like this are posed in such a piss poor article, and answered with vigor, then I consign this article to the toilet paper roll in the bathroom, to be used for more practical purposes at a future date.

Next!...

Thai journalism:

Try to find a catchy headline,

scratch the subject only on the surface,

don’t take a stand- as right or wrong is the same anyway,

never step on the toe of “influential people”, as we recently learned- bullets are cheap over here.

• Like 2

Nakhon Si Thammarat Governor Viroj Jivarungsan has instructed intelligence officials to closely monitor the movement of Ramkhamhaeng University students in the province.

Coming to you soon, ''The Thaksin Sponsored P.T.P. Red Shirt Road Show on Democracy.'' If you do not have any rose tinted glasses we are able to supply them for you to ensure you fully appreciate our aims.whistling.gif

If in doubt concerning the dress code Kevlar shirts would be advisable, the stewards may get a trifle enthusiastic in their whipping the audience into a frenzy of agreement with the shows sponsors.whistling.gif

Have you watered the brains today Igor?

Hey the students are probably sons and daughters of the rubber farmers so what do you expect them to do?

Possibly, but aren't you then feeding out of the hand of the idiotic reporter when you take up where they left off (unsubstantiated pap) and do their job for them by posing such a legitimate thought?

It sure would be a lot easier were the idiot to get in their midst and do a bit of journalistic investigation before blowing air out of his or her pie hole. It's quite possible that the number one source of greenhouse gases (were I to believe that theory) is coming from right here (Thailand) with all the idle and empty yapping going on.