Voice Messaging Aps/AIS Restrictions

dddave

I have AIS/3G

I have tried installing several different messaging apps; some like VIBER, WeCHAT and LINE seem to work well but when I try to register for CHAToN or KAKAO TALK, my registration is blocked.

Later I got a partial AIS warning Saying all voice services are blocked. It there any special AIS package that allows voice messaging? Is this also the policy of TRUE & DTAC?

Is SKYPE or GOOGLE VOICE also blocked from 3G?

Can you share any details?

Do you currently have a 3G plan? Do you have a decent 3G connection? Do you encounter these issues when on 3G?

For Kakao Talk, did you receive the 4-digit registration code and complete the installation?

Can you share the exact content of the "... partial AIS warning Saying all voice services are blocked"?

I was able to successfully install/register both Kakao Talk and ChatOn. I have a Google NExus 4 on DTAC.

I suspect you may be encountering some configuration issue; AIS should not care how you consume your data. FWIW, AIS have Kakao Talk on their apps web-page so doubt they're blocking anything. http://www.ais.co.th/iphone/en/appstore/AppDetail.aspx?id=a6c02ae5-c498-4006-ad05-8e039e869c79

""Do you currently have a 3G plan? Do you have a decent 3G connection? Do you encounter these issues when on 3G?""

I pay B399/Mo for 1Gb..AIS 3G, Usually install apps when connected to my home wi-fi. never have issues installing other apps.

""For Kakao Talk, did you receive the 4-digit registration code and complete the installation?""

Yes, for both KAKAO and CHAToN...but when I sent the completed registration, it bounced "NETWORK ERROR, Try again later. Tried multiple times over several days with no success.

""Can you share the exact content of the "... partial AIS warning Saying all voice services are blocked"?""

Only showed on my notification screen, a small triangle with an exclamation pt. within, "AIS GSM: RESTRICTED ACCESS C..." Below that:"All Voice Services Are Blocked."

Edited by dddave

Yes, for both KAKAO and CHAToN...but when I sent the completed registration, it bounced "NETWORK ERROR, Try again later. Tried multiple times over several days with no success.

To me this sounds as though you did not successfully complete the installation and registration process.

Only showed on my notification screen, a small triangle with an exclamation pt. within, "AIS GSM: RESTRICTED ACCESS C..." Below that:"All Voice Services Are Blocked."

Was this an SMS you received? A USSD message? When did you receive this message, and how is it related to the issues with Kakao and ChatON?

What make/model phone do you have? I assume you've verified that these apps can run on your phone/software version?