iOS 7 and DTAC 3G problems

TXBeth

Ever since my husband upgraded his iPhone 4 to iOS 7, he cannot connect to the 3G network and has Internet access only on Wifi. We have an unlimited data plan from DTAC and it has worked fine until now. Anyone else have this problem? We are trying to figure out if it is an iOS 7 glitch or just a problem with his phone that coincidentally started just after he updated.

Beth

Did your husband already switch to Tri-Net?

It sounds like it might be a "Carrier Settings" issue (14.1 in iOS 6 and 14.5.4? in iOS 7) related to iOS 7, and/or the interaction of iOS7 and Tri-Net?

You could try:

1.) Reset Network. >> menu Settings>. > General >> Reset >> Reset Network Setting, select Reset Network Settings, press confirm and wait for the iPhone to reboot.

2.) Ensure that Cellular Data, Enable 3G and Data Roaming are all enabled (slide to the right/green).

I have another problem on my iPhone 4S after upgrading to IOS 7: I am unable to delete the apps I used. Before IOS 7 i double clicked on the start button, so all the icons of the apps I had used showed up on the bottom. Then clicked about 2 seconds on the first icon and a red - sign came up. Then I could delete all the icons. Now I'm unable to. Are there other people having the same problem?

I have another problem on my iPhone 4S after upgrading to IOS 7: I am unable to delete the apps I used. Before IOS 7 i double clicked on the start button, so all the icons of the apps I had used showed up on the bottom. Then clicked about 2 seconds on the first icon and a red - sign came up. Then I could delete all the icons. Now I'm unable to. Are there other people having the same problem?

Dario

You don't click for 2 seconds and wait for the red x anymore, you still do the double click and the apps will appear as icons and a larger "ghost" icon in the middle of the screen. swipe the larger icon up the screen and it will disappear off the top of the device.

Dario

You don't click for 2 seconds and wait for the red x anymore, you still do the double click and the apps will appear as icons and a larger "ghost" icon in the middle of the screen. swipe the larger icon up the screen and it will disappear off the top of the device.

Thank you so much, TTIssues, that did the job. The world is great because of people like you who are ready to help. May I ask how you found out about this? Thank you for your time!

Dario

Thank you so much, TTIssues, that did the job. The world is great because of people like you who are ready to help. May I ask how you found out about this? Thank you for your time!

Thank you - and my pleasure.

How did I find out? Trial and error - I had the same problem, couldn't get the red x anymore to close apps so figured out how to do it by playing with it. Only took a few seconds - guess I was lucky! :-)