Does anyone know the steps to sell from Thailand with Ebay ?

Hi,

There is no real Thailand Ebay platform. Or if there is one, I'd love to know where it is. There is a south-east Asia Ebay website, but there is no way to register.

AS for now I have an account from my own country and I sell from Thailand using truemove, so I am seen as located in Thailand using a foreign ebay account.

Every months my account is locked by Ebay for security reasons. I have to call them to re-open my account and let them know I am in Thailand for good. I provided them with documents to prove I am in Thailand for good but it doesn't help. Every months there is a stupid Ebay robot who think my account was hacked by someone in Thailand, then my account is locked, I lose all my listings etc ...

I know many people run a business with Ebay from Thailand, and there are some with thousands transactions. So I'd like to know on which Ebay platform should I register a new account in order to leave this account open for good.

Thanks

what are you trying to sell ?

and to who ?

if its worldwide just do Ebay.com

they will start you off slow, 10 items a month ! $500 total ,

we are finishing the 2nd month now so hopefully next month they will raise the limit !

you probably can link it to your other account , but with ebays robot it might kill off both accounts !

Thx for the answers. If I do the VPS stuff and Ebay thinks I came back home, what about all my listings mention I sell from Thailand ? Also there're many people who sell very well from Thailand and their location is quoted as Thailande in their Ebay profile.

So, let Ebay think I'm now in my mother country and selling from Thailand is better than let them think I'm really in Thailand and moved there for good ?

I am trying to sell whatever can be sold lol. How did you set your account BKKdreaming ?

If you are sending items from here change your address on your ebay account to your Thailand address, then the problem will stop.

Ebay check the item location (here) and the address on your account (another country) and because they don't match this is what causes the issue

If you return home for good then change it back to your home address again

Also if you do change it to here then you do not pay tax on your abay fees thumbsup.gif

I changed my address long time ago, I also provided them with a copy of my leasing contract and of my passport. The fact is there is always something that triggers an alarm and my account is locked. I really don't know what I do wrong, my items are not a risk for ebay, I used the same laptop from the beginning and my IP is always one from truemove. My feedbacks and DSR are 100% positives.

Many people told to do it with a VPS with an IP from my country, but I don't see the point as I will be seen as selling from thailand and located in another country.

Close you current account as it will continue to cause you troubles

Open a new account in ebay.com or ebay Singapore

Make sure your address is exactly as shown on your utility/cable or back statement

As mentioned above ... you will have small limits to start ... but you gotta start somewhere

Hi

the new account is under a Thai name, ID number and Debit card , it is not tied to my USA account ,

since it is really "her" account ,

the stuff we sell is made in Thailand stuff , but since its limited to 10 items a month so far we have only sold 12 items (2 months) and gotten ZERO feedback !

it will be a new month in the morning so we will see if they increase the limit....

you can also request an increase. which we will do if its not increased in October.

then you have the fun with Paypal !

Have her open a 2nd account

That will give you another few items to sell every month

Will also give you a fall back in case you get hit with an early negative feeback

To get cheap feedback go shopping a buy a few cheap items from sellers in China

They sell lots of items for a dollar with free shipping

Buy 5 - 10 items under each account

Many of the Chinese sellers leave feedback as soon as you pay so this will help you

Thks BKKdreaming for the info. I know everything about Ebay/Paypal pleasure already lol

Did they put on hold your payment for 21 days just for your first sale or everyone ? For me I just got one item put on hold per month.

I think you should do something for your feedbacks as I know you can get into troubles if you don't have enough of them. I send a sheet with my Items to thanks my customer and tell them

to leave feedbacks if they're pleased with my service. But that's wright, just a few of them leave feedbacks. I may have got 10 feedbacks for 40 items I sold in the last 3 months.

Maybe you can send them an Email when the item arrived to ask for a feedback as you did it for them.

I finaly opened a new ebay but using Ebay.com platform. Let see if I run into the same troubles in the future. Anyway I don't plane to stay on Ebay all my life as they are real suckers and they lower too much the incomes.

I tried Ioffer and Bonanza too, even if I've got many people see my items, I don't have any sales. For the same items, I've got many sales from ebay ... that's a shame lol

it was 21 day hold for over a month , they just stopped it after about 6 weeks.....

no problem as that is what it takes to get started , and I knew that was going to happen after reading it here on ThaiVisa

I am going to let this account grow a little and then have her sister open another Ebay + paypal account

the money made on this is to help a Thai lifestyle , its small money for us !

and so far its all my ideas what will sell on Ebay.com , with luck she will find some unique things at the shops around her house that might sell worldwide.......

there may be other places to sell, but they will never have the numbers that Paypal can give you......yeah I hate the 10% commision and 3-4% paypal fee too ! , but thats what it takes......

OUaou, so they put on hold for 21 days the payment for every items you sold ? that's pretty tough. I thought they would just just select one or two items per months to put them on hold.

I think I'm in the same situation than you. It is small money but here in Thailand it still helps.

May I ask from which platform did you register your account ? was it from Ebay Singapore ? I just registered from ebay.com but I'm scared I'm going to run in the same troubles.

Also what kind of internet service do you use ? I'm using a 3G dongle with true move and my IP is reseted at every connection. I think that's a bad idea as one day I may get one IP already used from another people that do ebay too. But, that's quite complicated, but I cannot do with something else than 3G dongle.

Edited by charlesgenv5

Paypal had the 21 day hold for over a month , then took it off , but the hold was still on the older sales !

I started both the Paypal and Ebay account in BKK , but have done Ebay from the USA to get it going,

I have tried not to access the Paypal from the USA .

I just did Ebay.com , not sure if Ebay Singapore is easier or not, maybe someone here knows !

10 listings with a $500 total in a month is how it started, and still is

since I am going to have her sister and maybe her Mother get accounts too I would love to figure out if Singapore or other counties give you more listings when you start,

most of the Ebay sales are $10 including shipping , and a couple $45 sales including shipping , the non Ebay sales are in the same range $10-$20.

please let us know what you find out

one more Ebay story

at the same time we opened the Thai based Ebay account I remembeed an old Ebay account I had in the USA that I almost never used ,

So I logged in from the USA and set up a Ebay selling account , this account started in 2001 and only had 3 feedbacks !

at first it was limited to 50 items and $2500 ........after a couple weeks I logged in and it was 150 items and $7500,

So i think the low item restriction has more to do with it being Thailand than being a new account.

OHH and the 21 day hold is a PayPal thing , not an Ebay one

• 4 weeks later...

I remembered another Ebay USA account name I started in 2001

so signed in ( WOW I remembered the password) and set it up to sell,

At first I got the 10 items-$500 limit , but now only 2 weeks later with one listing and NO sales my limit has been raised to 100 items-$5000 a month

But the Thai based account is still at 10 items-$500 a month limit after 3 months and 9 sales now,

Hopefully the Thai based account will get bumped up the 1st of November

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been living in Thailand for about 14 months now. I have been selling on ebay for about 9 yrs in the USA. I called ebay and asked them how to set up am account here in Thailand. When I did what they told me to do, they put a hold on my account and I couldn't sell anything from here. I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up an ebay account here in Thailand? I was also wondering if you know how to set up Paypal here too. I know it is a lot to ask of you, and I will understand if you don't reply. It is just ebay is so hard to work with and I have called them many times and they just don't care. The only way I could convince them re-open my account was to get an American Phone number and use a Vin IP address from America. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Don.