Dearly Departed ...

David48

A place to share memories of a lost companion ...

Recently we lost a friend.

She wasn’t just a dog, more then a Family Pet, more then Friend to the Family.

… she was Family.

It was an accident at the Farm, which makes the grieving process worse, because with accidents, there is no time to prepare your heart for when it happens.

She, Pom Pam, a Pomeranian wasn’t my dog, but she was my constant companion when I was at the Farm.

The feeling of loss felt by our Family is indescribable.

I thought it might be a nice idea to create a place here where would could honour our lost loved ones through stories or photos and be part of the grieving process.

My story below …

Hopefully, your story to follow.

• Like 1

I mention this only because you say there are other dogs on the farm. Dogs don't usually drown. Is there any kind of poison on the farm? Poison for rats or rice crabs or snails or whatever? There often is. My dog of some years ago died due to poison as did a dog from down the street that same morning. Mine died just near water, the other died in the water. Something about whatever kind of poison they had consumed drove them to and into water. After finding my dog already deceased, I found the other standing in water and drinking furiously (and shaking and foaming at the mouth). She died shortly thereafter and was floating in the water when the owners got to her. Both dogs were friendly and well liked in the neighborhood, so it seemed probable that they found some kind of posion that looked good to eat.

Again, I note that you say are not concerned with how she died, so add this possibility only because you say there are other farm dogs about. Sounds like an accidental poisoning to me so best to check and see if anyone has recently laid some poson about.

Most of the time it's a pee, so you have to pick up the rat, carry it down the stairs because the belly to paw gap (leg length) is less then the height of the stairs open the front door let the rat out to pee,

a pee tray with newspaper in much easier... maybe 1x a week one of mine will want a pee in the night and ask to go off the bed, runs to toilet tray, business done runs back to be picked up... I have 8 dogs but only 2 or 3 ask come up to bed... last night only 1 ball of fluff came running to stairs to come up.

It is very sad when your baby dies, even if it is of old age..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have just had two dogs poisoned. And the fear is that the poisoner wanted to get a different dog, and will continue until that one is gone.

Three years ago, my partner gave me a toy poodle bitch. I'm a big dog man myself, but I soon fell in love with the little yappy thing, and so did everybody in the houses round us. After eighteen months we had Booky mated, and she produced two puppies, not very good ones. We kept one, with legs too long, and hair mixed between long and short, a real scruff. I called him Snowy, because he was black and had a white spot on his chest.

Later a similar dog, now called Long, walked into our shop, and we mated him with Booky. He became a member of my household too. Booky had two litters of seven and five by him in quick succession, excellent strong puppies, and the village is full of them. I kept one, an unusual chocolate colour, which had to be called Chocky..

Yesterday, Snowy collapsed a few hundred yards from my house on the way back from their morning walk. He was frothing at the mouth. I and my BIL carried him home, and tried to administer an emetic, but to no avail. He passed away very soon.

Snowy was the most inoffensive of our dogs. When I was reading, Snowy was at my feet; when I was in bed, Snowy was on the bed too. On walks, Snowy was constantly checking on me, and brushing against my legs to tell me he was there. Snowy knew he was my dog.

This morning, the matriarch Booky started staggering at exactly the same place. She pulled herself together, and started off homewards full of determination. I could see it in the way her feet came down, "I'm going to get home, I'm going to get home." She made it too, and collapsed at the threshold. I got her to vomit, but it was too late; Booky was gone too.

I'm sure the poisoner is after the intruder Long, who is an affectionate dog, but has a nasty habit of chasing motorbikes, and has been known to nip a rider.

So I have to vary my routes, and above all hope I can protect Chocky.

• Like 2

I have just had two dogs poisoned. And the fear is that the poisoner wanted to get a different dog, and will continue until that one is gone.

Three years ago, my partner gave me a toy poodle bitch. I'm a big dog man myself, but I soon fell in love with the little yappy thing, and so did everybody in the houses round us. After eighteen months we had Booky mated, and she produced two puppies, not very good ones. We kept one, with legs too long, and hair mixed between long and short, a real scruff. I called him Snowy, because he was black and had a white spot on his chest.

Later a similar dog, now called Long, walked into our shop, and we mated him with Booky. He became a member of my household too. Booky had two litters of seven and five by him in quick succession, excellent strong puppies, and the village is full of them. I kept one, an unusual chocolate colour, which had to be called Chocky..

Yesterday, Snowy collapsed a few hundred yards from my house on the way back from their morning walk. He was frothing at the mouth. I and my BIL carried him home, and tried to administer an emetic, but to no avail. He passed away very soon.

Snowy was the most inoffensive of our dogs. When I was reading, Snowy was at my feet; when I was in bed, Snowy was on the bed too. On walks, Snowy was constantly checking on me, and brushing against my legs to tell me he was there. Snowy knew he was my dog.

This morning, the matriarch Booky started staggering at exactly the same place. She pulled herself together, and started off homewards full of determination. I could see it in the way her feet came down, "I'm going to get home, I'm going to get home." She made it too, and collapsed at the threshold. I got her to vomit, but it was too late; Booky was gone too.

I'm sure the poisoner is after the intruder Long, who is an affectionate dog, but has a nasty habit of chasing motorbikes, and has been known to nip a rider.

So I have to vary my routes, and above all hope I can protect Chocky.

sorry about your loss, but 2 its hard to take.killed by a ba--stad coward who didnt have the guts to face the owner.if you find out who the ba--stad is invite him or her for a drink and make it their last.

r.i.p.little ones