NBTC Thailand: Over 11 million numbers using 3G

webfact

NBTC: Over 11 million numbers using 3G

BANGKOK, (NNT) – The National Broadcasting and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC) has announced that over 11 million mobile numbers across Thailand are using 3G service.

According to NBTC Secretary-general Thakorn Tantasit, , more than 11 million people have switched to using 3G on 2.1 GHZ since the service was offered on May 7th this year. 9 million of them are under AIS, 2 million under DTAC, and another 1.8 million under True Move.

Users are also enjoying a 15% rate cut offered by service providers, as demanded by the NBTC.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-09-30 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Very nice statistical data issued here.

But a little missleading I feel.

It would imply that 11 million people are actually using the 3g services.

When infact the data is just referring to the mount of people who have just subscribed for services.

I live in bangkok and have dtac service, it would seem only if I stand direct under telecommunications mast will I recieve 3g.

At home only 11 km for the city then I for sure dont have.

Does anyone here actually recieve 3g on gsm for any sustained time period??

So, how many of you folks who switched to 2100Mhz on AIS, DTAC, or True feel you realized a 15% rate cut?

For me on DTAC, when I switch from DTAC on their 850Mhz/1800Mhz service to DTAC TriNet on their 2100Mhz/850Mhz/1800Mhz service I didn't get any 15% rate cut on my postpaid plan. I called the DTAC Call Center about a rate cut but they said my plan which I got months before I switched to TriNet/2100Mhz already included the discount. Sure...of course it did.

I changed my phone to True Move H last month, and was still not getting 2100Mhz, but the old 850Mhz. When I asked about that, they told me that the move to 2100Mhz back in March was only for Bangkok. Won't come to Pattaya with True until the end of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been getting HSPA+ (3.5G) with AIS on Phuket for a couple of years. It showed up in Phuket shortly after the first tests in Bangkok. The coverage seems to be improving slowly. I'm not sure what the big fuss about 2.1GHz is though. From a physical point of view, the old 850MHz has much better range and penetration into buildings. I ignored AIS, which sent me SMS's for months begging me to change to the new frequency, until one day they just moved me over.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app