2013 Thailand Flood Updates - Maps, reports, local updates.

cdnvic

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bucketed down this morning here in Ayutthaya about 4.00am. The water from the canal in front of my place has crossed the street and flowed into my garden; about two inches deep. From the news reports, I gather it will continue to rise. Thank goodness my gum boots are the knee high type.

Just came back from ampur Prachinburi (or as much of it as I could get to). Flooding is now in the ampur proper (i.e. north side of the river). Entering the town from the north, starts to get bad around Ekaphop and worsens as you go either east or towards the river.

In some side sois it is quite high. On the main streets I'm not sure how high it reaches because I have a low-riding car (Honda Civic) and thus can't manage more than a few cms of water on the road without stalling.

Just came back from ampur Prachinburi (or as much of it as I could get to). Flooding is now in the ampur proper (i.e. north side of the river). Entering the town from the north, starts to get bad around Ekaphop and worsens as you go either east or towards the river.

In some side sois it is quite high. On the main streets I'm not sure how high it reaches because I have a low-riding car (Honda Civic) and thus can't manage more than a few cms of water on the road without stalling.

Living yesterday Nonthaburi to go to Na Dee, we were deviated after Nakhon Nayok through rural roads...

So I presume that some part of the highway are still under water ?!?

Living yesterday Nonthaburi to go to Na Dee, we were deviated after Nakhon Nayok through rural roads...

So I presume that some part of the highway are still under water ?!?

Highways 33 is OK from Nakorn Nayok to the Prachinburi circle but flooded soon thereafter (Prachanthakham) until some point after Kabinburi. The rural roads are at the base of the mountains and this higher ground.

Very heavy rain last night in the Pattaya last night, it only just stopped about 9am, I am going to be on my way to Bangkok shortly? how is the Sukhumvit road out of Pattaya?

I agree it was the heaviest rains I have seen in Thailand, rained so hard several waterfalls erupted from the bar ceiling flooding the floor, but the band played on. I thought I was in a scene from Titanic, I would post pics but the internet is too slow here.

Edited by waza

Have had 8 hours of rain for 2 nights in a row in Chonburi and many homes have flooding. Mostly from being in a low lying area. I don't see much running water, because we are so close to the sea. Hopefully no rain tonight, or I may be sleeping in a hotel.

Drove around Sukhumvit in Pattaya during the day today, no signs of flooding. But come nine o'clock evening I will not be going out, the raining starts pretty much on the clock and the lowlands around Pattaya Tai Sukhumvit intersection are bound to be flooded. Be warned of the possibility.

The storm yesterday was very strong, I'd be surprised if Sukhumvit wasn't flooded again. It just started raining again a few minutes ago, if possible it's better to avoid Sukhumvit and take f.ex. Thanon Rod Fai (The road next to the railroad) which is marginally better.

If you don't get an answer, bring it up again. I will be going from BKK to Chonburi via Chachaengsao on Tuesday. I don't actually go into the town proper. As of last Thursday, it seemed fine around the actual town.

The route I take is the 304 (Suwintawong) to the 314 at Chachaengsao. There hasn't been any flooding on the route so far. Some water in the fields, but nothing approaching the road and none of the villages or factories along the way have flooding.

Can anyone advise if rd 33 (Suwannasorn) is now passable in Prachantakham and Kabinburi? Have a friend coming overland from Cambodia & planning to take van from Aran to Prachinburi.

I am not sure, but I read that there was flooding in Aranyaputet, but I can't remember where I read it. It was on the forum, though.

I just asked the van drivers on the route that runs on Rte 33 from Arany through Kabin and onward to Nakorn Nayok etc. They say they are able to get through OK.

But it is raining heavily out here so really not a good time to visit Sai Yok. Mud, leeches etc.

Can anyone advise if rd 33 (Suwannasorn) is now passable in Prachantakham and Kabinburi? Have a friend coming overland from Cambodia & planning to take van from Aran to Prachinburi.

I am not sure, but I read that there was flooding in Aranyaputet, but I can't remember where I read it. It was on the forum, though.

According to the latest news from the other English newspaper: it isn't...

"A section of the Aranyaprathet-Khao Hin Son road was also one metre under water at Ban Sa Khwan in Muang district.,,,

Highway 33 (Sakaeo-Kabin Buri) was under 80cm of water, blocking all of its four lanes."

Edited by lazygourmet

According to the latest news from the other English newspaper: it isn't...

"A section of the Aranyaprathet-Khao Hin Son road was also one metre under water at Ban Sa Khwan in Muang district.,,,

Highway 33 (Sakaeo-Kabin Buri) was under 80cm of water, blocking all of its four lanes."

Well the Mini-vans are somehow getting through. Possibly they detour a bit in some places, but they are coming through. Ditto the tour buses.

It has been raining all day long in Hua Hin , I can't speak from personal experience since i live uphill, but with this downpour it must be flooded in the lower parts of Hua hin. Good luck everyone !!