Flood crisis will be solved in 7 days: Former PM Banharn Silpa-Acha

webfact

O this is good

"The time frame of 7 days for the crisis resolution could be achieved, he said, if the authorities followed the instruction ordered by the Prime Minister to pump water into Prachinburi River and Bang Pakong River."

No wonder they don't need the Dutch they have a water wizard leading the nation

"Asked by the reporters whether outgoing floodwater and rainwater from Sa Kaew province would worsen the situation in Prachinburi, Mr. Banharn said the government must quickly solve the short-term problem and plan for long-term improvements"

Like they did two years ago.

"Meanwhile, Ms. Yingluck said that the Prachinburi Provincial Authority and the Royal Irrigation Department had been ordered to open Tha-Hae Watergate as requested by many residents, in order to release the water off Kabinburi district."

The water wizard is going to listen to the people now. could she be doubting herself? Maybe the skype connection is down in that area.

"At the same time, said the Prime Minister, the government will also study the affected area to prevent and relieve both short and long term flood crises."

I thought they had 350 billion baht to do that with 2 years ago.

and on the article goes.

Note to moderators. I have read all the posts and come to the conclusion that not only do I need more I like buttonswai.gif but a "that is funny button" would be a handy thing to have.

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's good to see that Thailand's flooding problems are in the capable hands of Yingluck, Plodprasop & Banharn.

Where's Chalerm? At least he's a 90-day man.

As a Bangkok resident, I feel very sorry for the people in Prachinburi & other areas who have to suffer from such incompetents.

• Like 1

The government policy is to bury their heads in the sand and pray nature doesn't strike while they are in power. They are playing politics instead of investing for the future, very sad.

Don't worry though, I'm sure if the flooding subsides it will all be the great government policy, water pushing machines and all.

Seven days or what ,he'll resign?

I think not pay for the damage or just say he misspoke and make another asinine remark.

Or blame the weather,god,reporters or my dog !

What an arrogant and heartless Insult to the dead and victims.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 1

I just love the way that Thais are definitive in the time it will take solve a problem.

It WILL take 7 days for the flood crisis to be solved.

We WILL eradicate drug crimes in 90 days.

We WILL clean up mafia activity in 90 days.

Of course we all know they are full of <deleted> and are just trying to either gain or save face.

I just love the way that Thais are definitive in the time it will take solve a problem.

It WILL take 7 days for the flood crisis to be solved.

We WILL eradicate drug crimes in 90 days.

We WILL clean up mafia activity in 90 days.

Of course we all know they are full of <deleted> and are just trying to either gain or save face.

You and I know they're full of crap. But they aren't making those photo opps and dumb-ass statements for us - they're doing it for the peons. ...for the people they hope will vote for them to stay at top political positions, and enable the Shinawatres and their buddies - to keep raking in the dough.

Thai populace gets what they deserve. Apparently the peons don't want honesty nor people in charge with innovative ideas and plans to really assist the Thai people, without bankrupting the country.

• Like 2

Why is Mr B suddenly at the forefront of this or does he want to ensure his own fiefdom wont be flooded.

Things seem to be afoot with this buffoon back in the political limelight.

Given his political track record of utter ineptitude and his often suspicious, less than transparent business activities over the years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banharn_Silpa-archa), I have to wonder why is Banharn's so-called expertise in this and the reconciliation process now in such demand?

I don't comment on Thaksin's involvement in Thai politics, but Banharn's miraculous resurrection and return from the political graveyard has to be at the behest of the man in Dubai.

The question is why?

A fall guy is urgently required. Next question?

Is there any real data that people are basing their judgements upon? Here in Laos the water has gone down substantially and another week just might do it. Not that my guess is any better than anybody elses.

Don't be ridiculous, given you have 700+posts i would of thought you should be aware that anything this Government does or can possibly be linked to, however tenuous is extremely bad- verifiable facts are not necessary-speculation and idle gossip is the order of the day.

If there is no flooding in Bangkok i am sure TVF will be inundated with messages of congratulations for all those who have carried out flood prevention works over the past couple of years.

What you idiots fail to ne'er understand is that 'Farang looo Mark' which translated means I don't have a clue what you are talking about but you obviously know more than I do, but if I admit that then I show I am a numbskull so instead I will make fun of you in every way possible to show how I am better than you because ;

I am a Thaksin;

I am related to Thaksin;

I am remotely related familywise to Thaksin;

I am Chalerm and have two Bentley's;

I am a corrupt prat but I am considerably richer than you;

I am Thai bu I am considerably richer than you;

I sweep roads but you are a bird shit foreigner so you know nothing about my country and have no right to comment;

I am a wannabe Thai but I AM a Thaivisa member so if you don't like it then go home;

I don't know why you know so much but you have no concept of Thainess so I don't have to listen to you.

Anyway we Thai can manage the weather because we are Thai but sometimes it doesn't work because the Mor Doo (fortune teller) got it wrong; nevermind MY pockets are full and MY Belly is full so Everything is under control.

Because I am considerably richer than YOU

Time for another trip?

Banharn is mighty happy that it is Prachinburi, Kabinburi but NOT Banharnburi .... ahem .... Suphanburi.
Banharn = the 7-days- adventist ...... sorry ...... saviour

Honestly, is it only me or is this country blessed only with crappy governments? I am hearing only big piles of bulls...t over the last quarter of a century and once something makes sense somebody else comes and overturns everything again. How bloody stupid can the electorate be. The grassrooters are being drowned in promises and next you see, they vote for the same bunch of ignorant "verbal do-gooders" again. Mind-bogging indeed!

• Like 1

"The time frame of 7 days for the crisis resolution could be achieved, he said, if the authorities followed the instruction ordered by the Prime Minister to pump water into Prachinburi River and Bang Pakong River."

Well, I guess 'the' authorities will be to blame in seven days time, if only they had listened to the PM's advise rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Well, I guess 'the' authorities will be to blame in seven days time, if only they had listened to the PM's advise rolleyes.gif

Now I actually see what he's done. None of it will be his fault at all if it doesn't work. It will either be the officials fault or it will be her's. Have you ever read a statement so beautifully crafted in it's ability to steal the limelight whilst taking no responsiblity for it whatsoever, whilst completely covering one's own ass, whilst getting a headline with your name on it.

I tell you what, that is a masterpiece of political speak.

Is there any real data that people are basing their judgements upon? Here in Laos the water has gone down substantially and another week just might do it. Not that my guess is any better than anybody elses.

Don't be ridiculous, given you have 700+posts i would of thought you should be aware that anything this Government does or can possibly be linked to, however tenuous is extremely bad- verifiable facts are not necessary-speculation and idle gossip is the order of the day.

If there is no flooding in Bangkok i am sure TVF will be inundated with messages of congratulations for all those who have carried out flood prevention works over the past couple of years.

+1

Earlier today, Ms. Yingluck and her team have also visited Warinchamrap district in Ubonratchathani province, where she inspected the current flood situation and handed out aids to the flood victims.

you guys are missing the bigger story here. whistling.gifrolleyes.gif