Do embassies have online records of entries ?

I've got lots of previous tourist visa entries into Thailand. Right now I'm in the UK with a shiny new passport and am going to London Embassy for (hopefully) a triple entry TV.

I'm just wondering whether embassies (1-in Europe, 2-generally) have online records of entries into Thailand.

When I'm filling out the form ("when were your last three visits to Thailand?"), if I were to, err, forget a few visits, would that help or hinder the chances of getting the triple? Will they be checking?

tia

As far as I know, Thai consulates have no online access to the immigration database of foreigners' arrivals and departures, at least not at the moment.

You should always fill out the visa application form truthfully. Regarding the question "when were your last three visits to Thailand?" I am never quite sure what information they expect and I give the dates of my last three arrivals in Thailand, without indication of the period of stay or the departure dates, and I have never received a request for additional information.

whistling.gif I don't know but I doubt they do.

The logistics and the effort of compiling and maintaining such a database would be a massive amount of work .... and anyhow that's not an embassy's main concern.

The Thai embassy in London (just as an example) is really there to represent Thailand in the U.K. and promote business contacts and investments in Thailand by U.K. companies.

That's the reality no matter what they say .... and visa are just a secondary thing at best.

The immigration in Thailand .... well that's a different story.

Note: Now there MAY be some person in the embassy in the U.K. with the authorization to look at immigration records if he/she thinks it is required, simply because THAT is his/her job ... to vet or not vet questionable visa applications.

But I don't know this for sure.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Other than the nearby embassies and consulates they normally are not concerned about prior visas.

and yet they asked

yes, they checked passport and refused double entry tourist visa due to too many prior tourist visa's... got single entry only.

Just to let people know Thai Immigration offices across the Kingdom have internet access to check for criminal records when apply for application to extend one year visa! That is why you have to wait for a few hours when applying ,when passport goes upstairs for checking 1st. This was confirmed to me by an Immigration officer at Jomtien.

Just to let people know Thai Immigration offices across the Kingdom have internet access to check for criminal records when apply for application to extend one year visa! That is why you have to wait for a few hours when  applying ,when passport goes upstairs for checking 1st. This was confirmed to me by an Immigration officer at Jomtien.

That cannot factual because there are many reports of extensions being done in a matter of minutes.

think about it for a second ,do you think foreign governments would share on a voluntary basis there private information. in the u.s. different agencies of the government are just starting to share info example irs, with homeland security with regional police depts every time some one scans there passport at immigration. if that global exchange of information existed, criminals would be out of business any lawbreaker any where would be caught. does not exist technology is there but not the cooperation.

Normal processing time in Bangkok for new extensions of stay is about 10 minutes at desk. Yes they have a computer but believe it brings up your file now rather than the old hunt trough shelves of paper files (which likely was a prime reason for not allowing more than a 4 week early extension - no room for more files than that in the immigration office).

As far as I know, Thai consulates have no online access to the immigration database of foreigners' arrivals and departures, at least not at the moment.

You should always fill out the visa application form truthfully. Regarding the question "when were your last three visits to Thailand?" I am never quite sure what information they expect and I give the dates of my last three arrivals in Thailand, without indication of the period of stay or the departure dates, and I have never received a request for additional information.

I am sure if you put down the year on your last visits be ok. When you enter Thailand again it does not mater,they punch your name in and all the records of your visit come up, I have seen it when I was in the airport discussing a problem with immigration

I am sure if you put down the year on your last visits be ok. When you enter Thailand again it does not mater,they punch your name in and all the records of your visit come up, I have seen it when I was in the airport discussing a problem with immigration

yes , but the question was do the EMBASSIES AND CONSULATES have access to this database

I'm sure they would have access to the Immigration Database, but I should imagine weather they bother to look or not would depend on a certain amount of luck, or if the particular staff you handed your application to decided that you looked a 'dodgy character' or not...

I'm sure they would have access to the Immigration Database, but I should imagine weather they bother to look or not would depend on a certain amount of luck, or if the particular staff you handed your application to decided that you looked a 'dodgy character' or not...

immigration enters your info every time you come in. if consulates are able to, they would too. its no trouble.

But they can do a name search and find old entries.

End they will come with 100 000 of John Smith and may be 1589 of Ubon Joe,what will you do with this?Be realistic.Have you seen telephone book in country like:Hong Kong or India?

everybody is called mr.Tan ,mr.Wong or mr.Singh,Sharma etc.

Correct. No one will call you on it, you just get a visa-exempt 30-day permission to stay. If you have no details of your extension and re-entry permit transferred to your new passport and you do not carry also your old passport the immigration officer has no basis for anything else.