A question I always wanted to ask

White Christmas13

Well I guess another wasted post no concrete answers to my question coffee1.gif

Perhaps if your question wasn't 103 words long someone may have attempted an answer.

Better still, put it in the title.

Come on Old Croc I posted in the past and I was advised to put in more words

which I did now is that all you have to say? If I put in Thailand Temple and

\graffiti would it make any different? I just like an answer not an question of my

question maybe you should enrol in Australian Politics

One of my pet peeves on the forum Christmas, is thread titles that give no clue as to the content. I can't help myself, I have to open them to see what they are about, and thus waste a lot of time on drivel (not saying that was the case this timesmile.png ).

If you had put Temple/Graffiti in the title I wouldn't have opened the thread because, as you can see, I had nothing of value to contribute.

(Incidentally, Australian politics were a major reason for me moving to Thailand, I foresaw the emergence of Friar Abbott and his team of lying henchmen into government, and didn't want to be there when it happened. I would never become part of the system.)

thumbsup.gif

Old Croc- still the same name since 2005.

Edited by Old Croc

But are they any laws? I am talking about graffiti on a temple. like anybody I ask they don't know

it is not just a building it is a temple

No laws, just a thorough a$$ whopping by any bystanders and cops that are in the neighborhood.

I suggest you re-read my post...

I waited all night to gety an answer but never mind I just tell you I have 30 mill to invest in Thailand

this is AUD this is what I inqired for in the first place I just like to have an onpinioin

so case closed

With your AUD $30,000,000 to invest in Thailand you can have all the temples repainted in your area and save the poor misguided. What ever the punishment is.

Edited by uty6543

There's been a few incidents of farangs spray painting in Chiang Mai. To me it's one of the most unnecessary and objectionable things that someone can do in a foreign country. Personally I think the punishment should fit the crime, a nice tattoo saying "moron" should be added to the culprits forehead.

All in the name of art of course.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

Can they find a way to do it so it is fluorescent?

There's been a few incidents of farangs spray painting in Chiang Mai. To me it's one of the most unnecessary and objectionable things that someone can do in a foreign country. Personally I think the punishment should fit the crime, a nice tattoo saying "moron" should be added to the culprits forehead.

All in the name of art of course.

Just sayin' coffee1.gif

Can they find a way to do it so it is fluorescent?

Don't give 'em ideas.............w00t.gif

From the Thai Criminal Code:

TITLE IV OFFENCE RELATING TO RELIGION

Section 206 Whoever, to do, by any means whatever, to the object or place of religious worship of any group of persons in the manner likely to insult such religion, shall be imprisoned as from two years to seven years or fined as from two thousand Baht to fourteen thousand Baht, or both.

Section 207 Whoever to cause a disturbance at an assembly of religious persons lawfully engaged at the time of meeting in religious worship or performing religious ceremonies shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or fined not exceeding two thousand Baht, or both.

Section 208 Whoever, wrongfully dressing or using the symbol manifesting that oneself to be Buddhist monk or novice, holy man or clergyman of any religion so as to make the other person to believe that oneself to be such person, shall be imprisoned not out of one year or fined not out of two thousand Baht.

Makes sense to me.

"Section 206 Whoever, to do, by any means whatever, to the object or place of religious worship of any group of persons in the manner likely to insult such religion,"

That leaves it open to what the graffiti is. I know several small towns in Canada where the towns paid for it to spruce up the town.

Like so many of the laws in Thailand, it depends entirely on who wants to enforce it, to what degree, and what mood they are in, this is also compounded by area, location and whether or not there is any money to be made......in short...amazing Thailand!

I kind of feel this is the same kind of mentality of an absolute stupid moron who is a graffiti 'artist' - and the country that invented these 'graffiti artists'... well I cannot find words to describe their sick mentality.

Edit: Thailand is amazing indeed!

Edited by ravip