What do you think of this itinerary?

tickett

Went to Thailand for the first time in January and did: Bangkok, Phuket, Phi Phi, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao

Going back for longer this time December - Jan and thinking of doing;

Phuket

Phi Phi

Krabi

Suratthani

Koh Phangan

Koh Tao

Koh Samui

Suratthani

Koh Lanta

Koh Yao Yai

Phuket

Will getting between all these places be easy enough? And all good places to go to?

Thanks!

post-188733-0-15577300-1380748457_thumb.

Went to Thailand for the first time in January and did: Bangkok, Phuket, Phi Phi, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao

Going back for longer this time December - Jan and thinking of doing;

Phuket

Phi Phi

Krabi

Suratthani

Koh Phangan

Koh Tao

Koh Samui

Suratthani

Koh Lanta

Koh Yao Yai

Phuket

Will getting between all these places be easy enough? And all good places to go to?

Thanks!

Skip all that and stick to Samui, Tao and Koh Phan ngan. Sounds like a lot of work just to tick off destinations. Phi phi and Krabi sucks for more than a day and Phuket well short story you get a better Phuket in samui. Stay in lamai and you will have fun.

Unless you are flying in there from abroad then I would recommend you just fly to Bangkok and get to Surat Thani and take the boat if you are on a budget. Otherwise BKK airways is nice and easy.

Just my opinion.

We're flying in to Phuket and Phi Phi was my favourite island on my last trip so definitely be doing that "side" as well as the koh samui side. We will still have about 4 days at each stop so plenty of time to relax, party, investigate etc.

Looks ok to me, perhaps swap around Tao with Phangan. Also depends on if using BKK as a hub here as could see out Southern Thailand first including Koh Lanta then over the peninsula to the Gulf of Thailand and then connect back to BKK with a flight from Samui. If your using HKT as the hub then also see no reason why you wouldn't fit in Koh Lanta etc as you're in the region intitially?

Time constraints :would go Samui > Phangna > Tao > Surat Thani > Phuket > Yao Yai > Krabi main > Phi Phi > Phuket or vice versa. Could fit in Lanta if time also see about full moon as would be great if the trip could reverse with the latter part coinciding with the party etc?

Does that four days include travelling? Far too much far too quickly, you aren't collecting scouting merit badges, slow sown and relax a bit more in each place. There was a thread on here not too long ago about a guy who had also planned a huge non stop itinerary and by half way through he was just sick of it, Do yourself a favour at least allow yourself to unpack and unwind not "Its Tuesday it must be..........."

• Like 2

Does that four days include travelling? Far too much far too quickly, you aren't collecting scouting merit badges, slow sown and relax a bit more in each place. There was a thread on here not too long ago about a guy who had also planned a huge non stop itinerary and by half way through he was just sick of it, Do yourself a favour at least allow yourself to unpack and unwind not "Its Tuesday it must be..........."

He says 4 days at each "stop" not 4 days to do all in?

Edited by enyaw

Sorry I must have missed where I addressed the question to you or are you his travel agent?

• Like 1

Found the travelling enjoyable last time and we only had 3 days each stop...

Boats: Phuket -> Phi Phi -> Krabi and Samui -> Phangan -> Tao -> Samui (we flew from Krabi to Samui)

As I have more time i thought adding Suratthani and going by bus would save on cost. It looks like flying is about an hour, bus is about 4 hours.

I actually thought the full moon party was on December 25th (which is why i planned phangan at that time) but having rechecked they have a full moon party on the 17th, 25th and 31st... the 17th is the real one, so i will see if it's possible to shuffle the order around and post back a revised plan :)

Thanks for the help

Messing around with dates to be in phangan for the real full moon party (and looking at the travel times etc):

9th phuket (30 minute drive to the pier, less than 10 quid 2hr boat to phi phi)

12th phi phi (walk to pier, less than 10 quid 1.5hr boat to krabi)

14th krabi (3hr bus to suratthani, less than 5 quid)

15th suratthani (1.5hr high speed catamaran 10 quid or 2.5hr ferry 5 quid)

16th phangan (1.5hr boat 10 quid to tao)

20th tao (2hr boat 10 quid)

24th samui (1hr high speed catamaran 10 quid or 2.5hr ferry 5 quid then 3hr bus to krabi, 2hr boat to lanta)

28th lanta (1.5hr boat to phi phi)

1st phi phi ()

5th yao yai ()

9th phuket

I think i'll probably skip yao yai as it seems tricky to get from (no direct boar from phi phi and it's quite expensive from krabi and to phuket. I'll just add a day on to some of the other stops.

Sorry I must have missed where I addressed the question to you or are you his travel agent?

well it is an open forum pal next time use the pm function if you want a private converstation wi' wee fella

Edited by enyaw