Red shirts launch protest outside judge's home

webfact

Unfortunately some of the red shirts (hardliner's), give other supporters of the PTP a bad rep, also the same goes for the yellow shirts and their hardliners,

but many here in TV land can't seem to see this and can't give a fair and balanced comment, instead they and complain and blame the "RED'S and Thaksin when their ice-cream is to cold.

• Like 2

Maybe the son is off to France to study how to run a tourist court in preparation for a future promotion. Total Thainess here.

The rabble relying on intimidation of a judge need to have their heads forcibly pulled in. If Thailand has any hope of being considered a developing country they have to get the idea of separation of judiciary and state. An independent judiciary is a KPI for this advancement from tin pot banana republic (kingdom) to developing country.

Unfortunately some of the red shirts (hardliner's), give other supporters of the PTP a bad rep, also the same goes for the yellow shirts and their hardliners,

but many here in TV land can't seem to see this and can't give a fair and balanced comment, instead they and complain and blame the "RED'S and Thaksin when their ice-cream is to cold.

This is indeed true and due to the facts that we long term residents have seen the creeping hand of Thaksin's corrupt practices over the years culminating in his open sponsorship of terrorist acts all the evidence is available in the public domain. All followed up by being convicted of criminal offenses ( under a government of his own supporters) then jumping bail and now manipulating his puppet government

This accounts for the total distrust of any support that is given to Thaksin his family and their brown nosing acolytes

Face the facts that Thaksin and his paid for supporters are in the game for their own benefit nothing more nothing less, the people of Thailand or their futures are of no consequence to these characters

• Like 1

Due to the colossal amounts of money spent propagating the cult of Thaksin(or Taksin as he prefers to be called these days - for reasons not lost on the majority of TV forumers)

However perhaps it is worth remembering that Taksin was deposed by his followers at the time due to his insanity.

I am sure and I don't think I am alone in my opinion either that there is a parallel mental state twixt Taksin and Thaksin and his multi faceted mind sets coupled with his delusional behavior patterns and comments and his general megalomania.

• Like 1

You mean that the Red Shirts are complaining about nepotism from a Constitutional Court Judge employing his son and the son being paid while on a course of study offshore?

How about the current two Thai PMs? The de facto PM (the convicted criminal living offshore) gave his sister a job as the de jure PM and she spands so much time jetting around the world at the taxpayers expense.

Why aren't the Red Shirts complaining about the cost of that then?

They are an intimidatory mob which the red shirts seem to be able to organise at the drop of a hat.

I don't know the details of the judge's son's study trip & I wonder if the mob knows them too. There are semi-government bodies (that haven't been intimidated into subservience) that a case can be filed with - such as the NACC - if there is evidence of favouritism by the judge.

As for the notion that the red shirts are winning PR by their actions - quite the opposite.

• Like 1

My oh my how balanced are you PAD/Yellow/TPN supporeters or whatever you're calling yourselves this week. I know that you lot clutch at any straw with which to beat a Red (and I'd agree that they often give you lot an open goal to aim at) but in the interest of balance maybe a mention of the fact that no Yellow Shirt thug has been convicted of their crimes committed 5 years ago. It would lend more credence to the childish predictable name calling you descend to. Erm........no it wouldn't.

There are plenty of cases going through the courts for the airport blockade. As with most cases in Thailand (ie cases against red shirts in 2007) they move through the courts VERY slowly.

Thank you for pointing out the factual reality to another of the UDD/DAAD/Reds advocates or whatever they are calling themselves this week.

It's so predictable now that in a thread regarding red shirts protesting at judges' family home, they prefer to veer off to the

but, but, the yellows....

mantra.

That the derailing attempt is made with bogus points, eg. such as red shirt cases being even older than the one cited, is all the more ridiculous.

Thank you for at least trying to keep them honest.

My oh my how balanced are you PAD/Yellow/TPN supporeters or whatever you're calling yourselves this week. I know that you lot clutch at any straw with which to beat a Red (and I'd agree that they often give you lot an open goal to aim at) but in the interest of balance maybe a mention of the fact that no Yellow Shirt thug has been convicted of their crimes committed 5 years ago. It would lend more credence to the childish predictable name calling you descend to. Erm........no it wouldn't.

There are plenty of cases going through the courts for the airport blockade. As with most cases in Thailand (ie cases against red shirts in 2007) they move through the courts VERY slowly.

Thank you for pointing out the factual reality to another of the UDD/DAAD/Reds advocates or whatever they are calling themselves this week.

It's so predictable now that in a thread regarding red shirts protesting at judges' family home, they prefer to veer off to the

but, but, the yellows....

mantra.

That the derailing attempt is made with bogus points, eg. such as red shirt cases being even older than the one cited, is all the more ridiculous.

Thank you for at least trying to keep them honest.

Actually many contributors here would advocate that those who break the law should be punished, regardless of color, and with recognition that the ongoing legal / court timeline is a total mess & has no logic and will always be that way.

Edited by scorecard

They are an intimidatory mob which the red shirts seem to be able to organise at the drop of a hat.

I don't know the details of the judge's son's study trip & I wonder if the mob knows them too. There are semi-government bodies (that haven't been intimidated into subservience) that a case can be filed with - such as the NACC - if there is evidence of favouritism by the judge.

As for the notion that the red shirts are winning PR by their actions - quite the opposite.

The NACC have already looked into this back in August and it seems they are being ignored:

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) had earlier proposed that the Constitutional Court take legal action against Boonsong for allegedly allowing his son to continue collecting his monthly salary - eventually amounting to more than Bt800,000 - while overseas and advised that a disciplinary investigation be held within 30 days. It also suggested that Boonsong be suspended for the investigation period.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Activists-push-for-sacking-of-judge-30214672.html

Maybe the son is off to France to study how to run a tourist court in preparation for a future promotion. Total Thainess here.

The rabble relying on intimidation of a judge need to have their heads forcibly pulled in. If Thailand has any hope of being considered a developing country they have to get the idea of separation of judiciary and state. An independent judiciary is a KPI for this advancement from tin pot banana republic (kingdom) to developing country.

The day Thailand had an independent judiciary, it will cease to be Thailand as we know it today.

A "band" of red shirts? Deary me, makes them sound like the Beatles or something. The proper collective noun for these morons is a "flock".

I think 'flock' might be insulting to sheep.

A more appropriate collective might be "barrel"?

The day Thailand had an independent judiciary, it will cease to be Thailand as we know it today.

For as long as I have been in Thailand judges have been bought.... right back to the first case I can remember when Thaksin managed to get his assets verdict 'turned around'. Of course there have been many others since benefitting those who can pay on all sides of the political spectrum.

Money rules on the judicial benches here... it goes with the territory in many countries in the region along with ruling family dynasties. No one should be surprised that Thailand is any different.

Edited by bigbamboo

The political battle is quite subtle in many ways in Thailand. Some of the cartoonists in the Thai press say a lot in their work that foreigners don't get but Thai's do.

This is a small low key demonstration that has we hear been opposed by the PT. However, it has highlighted that unelected judges employ their children and seem o allow them to stretch that employment for what seems personal betterment. That is just as judges may be saying that you cannot have an elected senate because the children etc of politicians will get elected. It is fairly obvious that the reds have now primed their supporters with this perception of: well judges do it or even worse. It is the double standards arguement again and that is one that really flies with the average Thai person most having experienced double standards themselves. There is also always the worry among their opponents especially ones who arent really with the more extreme elite agenda about what the reds will expose next. Couple this with what the reds say being believed by a huge number of the population, more than what the traditional media say, and you have people who oppose them that still know they have to be careful if they have skeletons, and some ho worry about their only family future in a Thailand where they no longer control the real (non-elected) levers of power.

There is also the perception of the judges answering to nobody for their seen excesses, while politicians who are ultimately responsible to the people also have to answer to all kinds of bodies. The courts are not viewed as neutral in the political struggle. Even their supporters will admit this. It all plays into the notion that most Thai people have that "big" people control their lives so often, and while this may involve politicians, it in no way stops there. Double standards again resonates with the poor's own experience.

Then you have a small demo with the PT distancing themselves. That makes them look reasonable and not pressuring judges. If judges then are seen making decisions that the public view as unreasonable, they will look like ramping up the political tension in the face of a reasonable government. This will be particularly true of PT and allied part supporters who do not trust the courts. Most people know that the PT could put a huge number (far far more than any of their opponents) on the streets of Bangkok just from the capital itself and surrounding provinces if they chose to. To date they have not. Everyone knows the PT could call an election and increase their majority if they wanted to maybe even on a mandate of abolishing the constitutional court. To date they have not. These are things that their opponents will be considering as they want to stymie PT, but they do not want to create grounds for a massive uprising or the Democrats being utterly smashed in an election with a huge turnout giving them a mandate to change things exactly as they want. The red/PT and allied parties side have played the game very well so far. Now it is the turn of the other side to match that game.

It is very effective PR for the target group it is aimed at and at very little cost and with deniability. Whether you support them or not, he reds are very effective at PR and marketing. Far more so than any opponent.

The political battle is as subtle as a dog turd on your pillow.

Allow me to simplify. There is a small group of extremely rich criminals from one Chinese-Thai elite family attempting a hostile takeover of Thailand. The clan are known as the Shinawatra/Damapongs.

By dismantling any remaining checks and balances they will finally(after a good decade of manouvering) be able to install their no1 brother to be supreme leader. Upon his passing, his son will take the reigns, and so on. Due to the colossal amounts of money spent propagating the cult of Thaksin(or Taksin as he prefers to be called these days - for reasons not lost on the majority of TV forumers) there will be no stopping of this process. We are witnessing the last throes of agony in defeat from opponents of the regime but it is all in vain, Thaksin and his offspring will be our great and heroic leaders.

After the judges/courts have been hobbled to the fugitives satisfaction, there will be a period of him solidifying his legend. Expect the press to run stories about great events such as the stars having had special alignment on Thaksins birthday, the finding of a unicorn's nest near Thaksins home, his new world record of 11 hole in ones on his latest golf game etc. There will be no further reporting on any of his or his cronies criminal cases, as they will cease to exist. We will all live happily ever after in a land free from double standards, corruption, narcotics and evil spirits. After our businesses/investments have been confiscated we will all happily sit in the back of a big shiny airplane zooming back to where we originally came from. Some of us will have a look of shock on our faces, the rest have seen Thaksin for what he is and represents all along.

"his son will take the reigns," I think you meant reins as in of the Shin Money Wagon aka Thailand.

OTOH kings & queens reign.

Due to the colossal amounts of money spent propagating the cult of Thaksin(or Taksin as he prefers to be called these days - for reasons not lost on the majority of TV forumers)

However perhaps it is worth remembering that Taksin was deposed by his followers at the time due to his insanity.

I am sure and I don't think I am alone in my opinion either that there is a parallel mental state twixt Taksin and Thaksin and his multi faceted mind sets coupled with his delusional behavior patterns and comments and his general megalomania.

"However perhaps it is worth remembering that Taksin was deposed by his followers at the time due to his insanity."

Glad to see the nutters alive and well on Thai Visa.

That's the problem with people with :beliefs" and agendas. They assume any criticism means that they are in the enemy's camp.

The news report in the OP is about Red Shirts - it say Red Shirts - so calling them bullies, idiots and so on is on topic - no more, no less. Do you not think if the report was not identical with the word 'Yellow' in place of 'Red', that we would also not be saying the same (I take a stab that you do not think that - but you only have to look at the posts back when the Yellow took the airport to see they got just as much of a bashing). Stupid is what stupid does - and deserves to be criticized. This is an obvious stunt to put pressure on judges leading up to their decision later this month - despicable (and if you really cared for those Red shirts you would see their stupidity is what lends them to be used as pawns by the powers that be and treated like mushrooms)

Can you imagine what would happen if people turned up at a judge's house starting trouble in the west - the police would be there en masse very quickly - let alone a constitutional judge!

• Like 2

Bull dust.........>"80+ PAD convicted and sentenced.

Google is your friend