Toilet seat diseases

itchybum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One way to reduce the risk of 'catching something from the toilet seat' is to try and use the toilet cubicle which has the least number of visitors. Human psychology dictates that when presented with a row of empty toilet cubicles, most people will never use the first cubicle but choose one of the further cubicles.

I have applied this principle since at school and have never caught anything from a toilet seat.

Honest!

Is that how you got your name ? Itchybum?....lol

This taken from internet article..........

Yes, there can be plenty of bugs lying in wait in public restrooms, including both familiar and unfamiliar suspects like streptococcus, staphylococcus, E. coli and shigella bacteria, hepatitis A virus, the common cold virus, and various sexually transmitted organisms. But if your immune system is healthy, and if you adopt simple hygienic measures like handwashing, you should be able to deliver a knockout punch to most of what you encounter and perhaps put your "germ-phobia" to rest.

Steering wheels, telephones, computer keyboards & PC mouse etc probably have as many or more germs than an apparently cleanish toilet. Wipe it down. Use it, wash hands, forget it. If the toilet is gross, find another one. There is usually one that is passable.

"Now don't be jealous, some of us do have todgers that can reach the sides of the bowls while seated, mine did the other day and it was this cold porcelain shock that got me thinking."

I have to try and squat above the seat , if I dont then as my todger drowns ...

"Now don't be jealous, some of us do have todgers that can reach the sides of the bowls while seated, mine did the other day and it was this cold porcelain shock that got me thinking."

I have to try and squat above the seat , if I dont then as my todger drowns ...

I know how you feel.

Thinking to buy mine a scuba set.

Quatting is said to be the best way to clear your bowels. Not the civilised sitting on seat. In one country area they have a dustbin kind of thing that only gets emptied when it is nearly overflowing. One guy slipped on the stone floor and fell into the whole bag of tricks.......head first!

Why do you think that Thais stand on the toilet seat and squat? Try it sometime and then pick yourself off of the floor coated with whatever!

It's no use standing on the seat !

The crabs out here can jump six feet !

Any more ditties out there ?

an oldie:

Tread gently

when you enter here

six million sperm,

are dead,

dried up upon the floor!!

First, Mr Itchybum, I hope it was one of the designated toilets you were sitting on and not one on display in the bathroom section.

Second, I contracted and STD once, in the same HomePro, but it went away after some treatment. My GF said I should never use the same public convenience again if thats how you get it.whistling.gif

You definitely can't catch HIV from sitting on a toilet. rolleyes.gif

I'm so relieved smile.png

I do not believe that.

Blood...open sores...pimples on bums...

Then don't believe it. facepalm.gif

However, as far as HIV is concerned, you cannot acquire HIV from toilet seats (or swimming pools, hot tubs e.tc.) and this is considered a myth.

http://aidsvancouver.org/what-we-do/helpline/online/hiv-transmission-toilet-seat

Edited by Jingthing

I believe that's undoubtedly true (that you can't catch HIV from a toilet or toilet seat). Urinary tract infections, which can present like STDs, I'm not so sure about...

I do not believe that.

However, as far as HIV is concerned, you cannot acquire HIV from toilet seats (or swimming pools, hot tubs e.tc.) and this is considered a myth.

http://aidsvancouver.org/what-we-do/helpline/online/hiv-transmission-toilet-seat

I do not believe that.

I sent an email to MythBusters.

• Like 1

I sent an email to MythBusters.

Sure thing. I'd like to see them roll their eyes when they get yet another such inquiry. I really don't get your obsession about a fear that is so utterly ridiculous. This kind of question was valid ... 30 years ago ... long before the science of the etiology of Aids was well understood.

Edited by Jingthing

I would be more worried about catching something off a tap or door knob that has been used by a hygienically challenged predecessor. I am, I touch as little as possible. The floors are very often impeccable but if you look up the walls a little, the layers of muck become quite inspiring. I never saw anyone cleaning taps.

...or a keyboard or mouse.....or in a taxi....or mass transit.....

Argghhhh... nightmares about water snakes sneaking up for a knack snack or Klingons from Uranus looking for a warm place to lay their eggs.

Seriously though, did you ever wonder where rats go after they nose dive into a Bangkok gutter hole.

If I am not off topic we need to be worried;>)

I do not believe that.

Please, find us one confirmed case - would love to see it!

Aids is not easy to catch at all unless you are sharing needles/getting infected blood transfused or having unprotected sex with an HIV-carrier.

This is all a wind up, is it not? If not, there's a -phobia out there with your name on it.

Edited by mrdome
  • Like 1