Songtel?

amexpat

Sometimes posters write "songtel" to describe the red pickup/taxis that blow black smoke around CM.

I wonder where that term came from. I know them as song taew.

saawngR thaaeoR [literally, "two rows"] the pickup truck with benches in the rear which is used as a taxi

Anyone?

• Like 1

Dear Dolly, do you really think it is a question of proper spelling?

haybilly hit the nail right on the head when he said

"phoneticised and written in Anglo script--incurs confusion"

That plus the fact that loss of hearing can be selective and your ear will not pick out certain sounds. While no problem with others.

Then you get people like me who can't spell worth a dam to begin with translate another language into English using I believe it is called the Roman alphabet or some thing like that and you have a real mess.

I think uptheos was referring to me and my answer to him was some thing like I have a lot of other spellings for it.cheesy.gif It is not a big deal to me as you understood the spelling I used.

When I post I post to say some thing many different things. Some Very good some to take up idle time. I never post to impress people with my spelling ability or grammar. Thank God/Buddha/Allah for spell check some times it betrays me and I have to rewrite a sentence.

Edited by onthedarkside
Comment about moderation removed - rule 21