Would you fight for Thailand?

Deserted

There's plenty of people who call Thailand their home so let;s cut to the chase with a hypothetical question. If Thailand was invaded and thus at war, and needed your help, would you join the army and fight for it if you could, or would you claim its not your country and leave it to the Thais?

Just wonderin'

• Like 1

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People do, I hear it all the time that Thailand is ''their' home. It's a serious question that I often ask such people and get a less than convincing answer along the lines of '...oh I don't know about that'.

Edited by Deserted

That would be a very small foreign brigade. As we know, they are not very generous with PR's or citizenship.

And you would probably need a workpermit!whistling.gif

No I would not! Defend values I don't believe in??

The Thai Foreign Legion Morale song

Chorus:

Here you are, some chilli sausage, some chilli sausage, some chilli sausage For the Cambodians, Burmese and the Muslims For the Cambodians, there's none left, For the Burmese, there's none left, They're lazy shirkers. For the Cambodians, there's none left, For the Cambodians, there's none left, They're lazy shirkers.

1st verse:

We are crafty. We are rogues. We are no ordinary guys. We've often got our black moods, For we are Legionnaires. In Pattaya the Immortal Legion Honoured our flag at Wireless Road. Heroes of Bars and model brothers - Sleep in peace in your tombs.

(Repeat Chorus)

2nd verse:

Our ancestors knew to die For the glory of the Legion. We will know to perish According to tradition. During our far-off campaigns, Facing fever and fire, Let us forget, along with our hardships, Death, which forgets us so little. (For) We (are), the Legion.

(Repeat Chorus)

CCC

• Like 1

No ..... but I'd consider it for a couple of days if they could guarantee air conditioning at night - I need my sleep. If the enemy was part of the Commonwealth also a big No.

Oh and I'd also like a decent rank, no need to worry about medals I know a spot on Khao San.

• Like 2

One of the reasons why proper Army's have min & max height restrictions is to ensure that their clothing & equipment range fits everyone; I cant see a Thai QM stocking boots that would fit any of us!smile.png

Edited by evadgib