Would you fight for Thailand?

Deserted

I think I might go native here and see who were most likely to win before choosing sides. thumbsup.gif

If the Thais are going to win any battle, it would need to be a situation similar to the Alamo. Which side would be the Thais?

Well, they fought the French... and won

Tell me all about an armed conflict that the French won please.

• Like 1

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who is attacking and why. But likely not. I've served in the military and fighting for another country would be like a Merck in my opinion and war sucks so why do it for a corrupt government.

Tell me, when your missing two legs and an arm will the Thai government help you out?

I really doubt it. You'll be begging on the street with the folks from Myanmar

Oh, if my family was threatened by invaders, I'd certainly defend them. By more of an escape and evade scenario. Whatever it took for us to survive.

Have to laugh at the idiot who said Marines would only do it for the money. Fight for their own country that is.

What kind of money do you think they make anyway? And I don't know anyone in the military that joined for the money except some ghetto folks, maybe.

No amount of money could get me to charge a machine gun or drive down a road full of mines.

People that do that do it for something else.

You are a tool and an obvious civilian never having served. Except yourself.

There are a number of us here who have son's born to a Thai. Would you encourage them to fight for Thailand or would you be like me, and discourage them from defending a corrupt system, that is in place for the benefit of a few.

It's better for them to work it out for themselves that Thailand is corrupt than to point it out for them. If they wanted to fight that would be entirely their own decision.

Who is likely to fight Thailand ?

The Thai army, for a little while at least. The last major conflict they had, they were stuffed by Laos, and their efforts at phraer viharn weren't exactly stellar.

They are however very proficient at shooting their own.

Intended or by accident ?

I would fight with them to protect the nation.

Shame on most of you selfish people not to support the nation that has given/still gives, you so much.

Ha, ha. Good one. Haven't laughed that hard since I woke up and found I was with a ladyboy.

So my point was aimed at the likes of you. Selfish and ungrateful. Sad !

Shame on most of you selfish people not to support the nation that has given/still gives, you so much.

Ha, ha. Good one. Haven't laughed that hard since I woke up and found I was with a ladyboy.
Shame on you for assuming they have done anything for me or mine. I served 14 years and have never gotten any benefits after, and that's fine.

So don't tell me about being ungrateful or selfish.

Last I checked Thailand wasn't exactly a democracy.

And just what do you think they have given us to make us risk our lives for? Thailand is a place where money decides your justice and kidnapping rapist on meth can walk free cause they have connections. Yes that happens in other places but not nearly so rampant as Thailand and countries like Mexico. And I sure wouldn't fight for them either.

People like you are the first ones to run when the rubber hits the road. All talk. Seen your kind a hundred times while serving. The biggest bullies are always the biggest wimps when it counts.

Edited by Whidbeyboy
  • Like 1

As with most I think, if I had time I'd leave with my family - we are all dual citizens so no worries. If a surprise attack, I would fight to protect my family - its been a long time since I served in any way, but I can still shoot a rifle - just don't ask me to run a marathon!

However, would insurgents from the south be foreign invaders or would it be a civil war (north vs south) with, in your scenario, Malaysia backing the south (like USA did in Vietnam and Korea - still civil wars). In which case staying out would be the best and safest policy for us and our families as foreigners.

I would think in such an event that our embassies would start evacuating us with a battle field treaty of both sides to get foreign civilians out.

Seriously if it came to Thailand needing to ask us for help, then its pretty much all over anyway! It would much more likely be foreign powers that intervene if anything.

How would you protect your family, as a foreigner you can not, legally, own a firearm.

I think I might go native here and see who were most likely to win before choosing sides.   Posted Image

If the Thais are going to win any battle, it would need to be a situation similar to the Alamo. Which side would be the Thais? 

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_involving_France_in_the_Middle_Ages

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_involving_France_in_the_Renaissance

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_involving_France_in_the_Ancien_R%C3%A9gime

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_involving_France_in_modern_history

Just count the green boxes

:D

Shame on you for assuming they have done anything for me or mine. I served 14 years and have never gotten any benefits after, and that's fine.

So don't tell me about being ungrateful or selfish.

Last I checked Thailand wasn't exactly a democracy.

And just what do you think they have given us to make us risk our lives for? Thailand is a place where money decides your justice and kidnapping rapist on meth can walk free cause they have connections. Yes that happens in other places but not nearly so rampant as Thailand and countries like Mexico. And I sure wouldn't fight for them either.

People like you are the first ones to run when the rubber hits the road. All talk. Seen your kind a hundred times while serving. The biggest bullies are always the biggest wimps when it counts.

Ha ha, good 1, i haven't laughed that hard since i woke up and found out it was not a ladyboy.

The Thai army, for a little while at least. The last major conflict they had, they were stuffed by Laos, and their efforts at phraer viharn weren't exactly stellar.

When I say their own, I mean their own nationality. I would surmise that the Thai army had shot more Thais in the last 100 years than foreign enemies.

When I say their own, I mean their own nationality. I would surmise that the Thai army had shot more Thais in the last 100 years than foreign enemies.

Yes thank you i got that already. Again, intended or by accident ?

I think I might go native here and see who were most likely to win before choosing sides. thumbsup.gif

I can't think of any.

I would fight to save my family and our property.

As for fighting to save the current government cheesy.gif you must be joking

They would be on the first plane leaving this country with all the gold they could manage quicker than rats leaving a sinking ship

Us Brits would certainly fight!

dads-army3_1593260i.jpg

As the USA and Thailand have been allies for well over a century, I would help in every way I could, but it would look very much like the 'Home Guard' photo above...LOL

Is this a joke? I report my address every 90 days. Who in their right mind with no status here would consider this their country?

This is a valid point. Thailand insists that all westerners are perpetual foreigners. Becoming a resident or a citizen is extremely difficult. Compare to country in South America which require only 3 years in country to automatically become citizens - language not a requirement.

Yes thank you i got that already. Again, intended or by accident ?

Just read a little history. There is plenty of blood on the Thai army's hands in Bangkok over the last 50 years.

You think they just accidentally killed these people?

Give me Residency, make me a part of the country without all the bullshit, and I'd consider it.

I find it quite weird that many would take up arms for this country if they were made Thai.

I mean their is dumbing down and there is just admit me to the asylum this instant.

Edited by itchybum

Give me Residency, make me a part of the country without all the bullshit, and I'd consider it.

I find it quite weird that many would take up arms for this country if they were made Thai.

I mean their is dumbing down and there is just admit me to the asylum this instant.

Residency doesn't "make" you Thai, it merely gives "us" the same "rights" (mostly) as a Thai.

And I said "consider" . . . not "would" . . . right now, there's not a chance in hell I would put my life on the line and fight for this country until something changes.

A resounding No from me.

Many other governments in the world would be preferable to what the Thais have now, hopefully the police would be taken over by the foreign government as well.

Perhaps we could ask some candidate countries to apply for invasion rights, here is my list of desirable and undesirable candidates:

Desirable:

Denmark, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, Iran, Belgium, Australia, Switzerland, South Africa, Luxembourg, Finland, Italy, Ireland, France, Laos, Japan ...

Undesirable:

UAE, UK, USA, Afghanistan, (most predominantly Muslim countries but not all) Russia, China, Malaysia, Myanmar, India, Indonesia, Cambodia, Spain, Grease...

The 2 lists could become quite large then people could vote on which countries to invite to take over the Thai Parliament, Thailand could become the new HUB of foreign government takeovers.

TV people please ad to the 2 lists so we can get started ASAP on this.

Nope, I would not fight even if they give the citizenship, these country is not worth of me risking my life for it, the only way of me getting involved in a fight in a case of a war is to protect my wife or to help my friends.

Edited by Om85

Us Brits would certainly fight!

dads-army3_1593260i.jpg

As the USA and Thailand have been allies for well over a century, I would help in every way I could, but it would look very much like the 'Home Guard' photo above...LOL

Is this a joke? I report my address every 90 days. Who in their right mind with no status here would consider this their country?

This is a valid point. Thailand insists that all westerners are perpetual foreigners. Becoming a resident or a citizen is extremely difficult. Compare to country in South America which require only 3 years in country to automatically become citizens - language not a requirement.

That's a snapshot of the average retiree in Thailand (you know, special forces)wink.png

You should see them out of uniform in their string vests, shorts and 19 year old in tow!laugh.png