Are floods blocking stopping buses to Roi Et

Saan

My step son is due to spend his holidays with his grandparents in Roi Et but my wife tells me the bus from Chiang Mai to Roi Et can't get through because of flooding. As in the past my wife's sources for such information are dubious ('I heard the cleaner say') I would appreciate if people with greater knowledge let me know the situation. Are buses getting safely through to Roi Et?

Not sure about north west of Roi Et, but do you mind me crashing your thread and asking what the conditions are like between RoiEt and Yasothon.

I drove on that road 10 days ago and the water around the SelaPhum area was getting very high.

Are there any floods or delays on that stretch, and if so what is the recommended alternative route for an Ubon to RoiEt journey

Many thanks.

CC

No problems last week.

Phone someone in Roi Et when the time comes. An alternative route is (VIP) bus to Khon Kaen and a reliable twin cab pick-up 'taxi',PM me if you need a phone number. Thai speaking only but very safe will easily get you there for less than Thb2,000

Haven't the time to search but would it be better to fly from CM to Roi Et or KK?

• Like 1

I drove from Kalasin to Roi Et 4 days ago with no problems nor any water seen other than in the rivers & canals... Drove from Kalasin to Khon Kaen yesterday with same report.... If I knew someone coming from the North heading to Roi Et, I would recommend that they carry water because they won't have to drive thru any....

Pianoman

• Like 2